World Cup Play Offs

how good is bale though. proper shame he's just not arsed one bit about club football anymore, surely he needs to leave madrid this summer and play the next season from the start of the season up to the world cup, no idea where though. wages are astronomical and can't see him lowering his demands to play for a mid table premiership club. no doubt he's still one of the best though, ability to win a game and carry a team is still remarkable

22 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

how good is bale though. proper shame he's just not arsed one bit about club football anymore, surely he needs to leave madrid this summer and play the next season from the start of the season up to the world cup, no idea where though. wages are astronomical and can't see him lowering his demands to play for a mid table premiership club. no doubt he's still one of the best though, ability to win a game and carry a team is still remarkable

It’s pretty crazy to think he might have underachieved during his career considering everything he’s won (including that goal in the CL final) although I suppose that just shows what a talent he is. He was up there with the very best a few years back, not sure he’s quite in that bracket any more but he’s still a quality player. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him rock up at Spurs again once he’s out of contract, he did ok for them last season

41 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

That Madrid move really killed it for him.

At Spurs he was loving his football and playing incredible. He was unplayable at times with his blistering pace and had a real ability to finish.

I think playing for Wales gives him that fire in the belly back which he's not got at Madrid. 

Did ok for Spurs last season I think? Or showed glimpses anyway. 

Also, that Macdeonia goal, as good as it was, I'd be fuming at their No.8 (Jorginho?) basically stopping to call for handball. Reyt annoys me that. 

17 minutes ago, Skyline said:

That Madrid move really killed it for him.

At Spurs he was loving his football and playing incredible. He was unplayable at times with his blistering pace and had a real ability to finish.

I think playing for Wales gives him that fire in the belly back which he's not got at Madrid. 

Did ok for Spurs last season I think? Or showed glimpses anyway. 

Also, that Macdeonia goal, as good as it was, I'd be fuming at their No.8 (Jorginho?) basically stopping to call for handball. Reyt annoys me that. 

oh i'm not sure it killed it for him, if you think about all the honours he's won there. A couple of league titles, numerous champions leagues, spanish cups, financially set him for life, and regarded as one of the best on the planet. But you're right that he doesn't seem to enjoy it there. The Wales, Golf, Madrid thing was an absolute belter though, genuinely not bothered one bit is he. Wouldn't be shocked to see Man U go there, or PSG. 

1 hour ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

oh i'm not sure it killed it for him, if you think about all the honours he's won there. A couple of league titles, numerous champions leagues, spanish cups, financially set him for life, and regarded as one of the best on the planet. But you're right that he doesn't seem to enjoy it there. The Wales, Golf, Madrid thing was an absolute belter though, genuinely not bothered one bit is he. Wouldn't be shocked to see Man U go there, or PSG. 

Sorry, what I meant was, it killed his love for the game.

13 hours ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Already struggling to care about this World Cup. Losing one of the more interesting teams isn’t going to improve it.

It's humiliating for the Italians now, but come December when other nationalities have to leave their families and go and play in a corrupt tournament in stadiums built on the deaths of migrant workers, it won't seem like that much of big deal. 

This WC will be a complete anomaly, loads of decent players will find a way not to go. I've said before, I reckon a rank outsider will get to a least the semi finals if not a win it, due to lack of commitment and focus from the usual suspects.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at somewhere like newcastle or villa

Canada qualify for their second ever World Cup, and their first for 36 years, and their coach is saying they're a "legit football country" and they can be a "football powerhouse".

I had to check that it wasn't the old Donny owner getting giddy again. 

Not sure when we will get to play Ukraine. Feel for them and I just hope we can end up playing the fixture and don’t go through by default.

Scotland 2-0 up in Vienna currently in the friendly and we beat them home and away in qualifying.

7 wins and 1 draw in our last 8 matches. ‘Scotland get battered everywhere they go’ ringing round the ground lol 

No Egypt. 

Knocked out on pens by Senegal again. 

Salah skied a pen after having a lazer lightshow flashed in his eyes before kicking. 

Reckon he might try and rip Sadio Mane's head off when they get back to Liverpool. 

52 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No Egypt. 

Knocked out on pens by Senegal again. 

Salah skied a pen after having a lazer lightshow flashed in his eyes before kicking. 

Reckon he might try and rip Sadio Mane's head off when they get back to Liverpool. 

Sounds like a few of the Egyptian players got the laser treatment. 

If FIFA have anything about them, then surely this match must be replayed.