Windass injured again?

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You want to get rid of the injuries, rip up the pitch and the substandard training pitches and lay proper pitches you would expect of a professional football team.

That will sort most of the injury issues.

then get in a coach who knows how to warm up before games and warm down after games.

as most of our injuries have been strains. Which suggest is player preparation which could also be a key issue with so many injuries.

I'm 100% sure that any S&C coach for a first team of a football clubs knows who to complete and effective warm up and cool down lol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest FoxOwl12
31 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Kamberi can’t control a ball.

Paterson gets pelters but his technique is better than Kamberi. They both work hard.  Paterson more physical. Maybe Kamberi is slightly quicker but I just couldn’t condone playing him. Don’t see what he offers.

Like most players he needs game time. When he does play his runs into the channels are good, but most of the time not picked out. like one of the other posters I think he could build up a good relation ship with Gregory. I hope so .

We shall see if he is actually injured , a lot of rumours happen . Nothing confirmed or denied at this stage. If he is it’s a massive blow and hopefully just a minor setback like a week or 2. Ridiculous to think he’s missed 90% of the season . Options if he is out for Saturday are Gregory and pato really as NML a lot better it seems out wide . Likes of kamberi and sow back ups 

44 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Kamberi can’t control a ball.

Paterson gets pelters but his technique is better than Kamberi. They both work hard.  Paterson more physical. Maybe Kamberi is slightly quicker but I just couldn’t condone playing him. Don’t see what he offers.

Football is a game of opinions, for me Paterson and Gregory don't work. My thoughts on Paterson have been consistent although recent goals may have tempered the opinions of some. 

I'm no particular fan of Kamberi, just trying to pick a partnership. 

I suppose we will see on Saturday, one thing is for sure we need a drastic improvement on the last two games in an attacking sense, which has been woeful.

When everyone was talking about getting our injured players back I had this little voice in my head telling me ‘but what about the new injuries we’ll pick up’ 

Palmer

Gibson

Windass (tbc)

all in the space of a week. It’s the Wednesday way. 

6 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

apparently it IS true and he's out for the season ( source WTID podcast, to be confirmed by DM tomorrow) 

I've never heard of this podcast; are they normally accurate with this kind of thing?

It'll be a massive blow if true.

Having a fit Windass back in the squad was our best hope of promotion.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've never heard of this podcast; are they normally accurate with this kind of thing?

It'll be a massive blow if true.

Having a fit Windass back in the squad was our best hope of promotion.

I didn't listen to the latest episode yet, so I'm not sure what they said.

The podcast is good, so it might be worth that you give it a try.  Regarding the accuracy, I am not sure.

Sometimes they just pick up rumours from Twitter, but one of the co-hosts is the former owl Giles Coke, who still seems to have contact to some players.

• Thanks 1

It’s all a cunning stunt by Moore. Starts rumour via Owlstalk which is read by the Cheltenham manager who is still trying to come to terms with the fact that a club the size of Wednesday don’t even have a member of staff who knows how to instruct the players on warm up/down. 

Cunningly, Windass is perfectly fit and raring to go. Cheltenham defence prepare for a quiet afternoon against Kambo and Windass tears em apart. 

6-0 Wednesday 

• Like 3

Just read the article FIT OWLS IS BACK on the official site……

'Fit Owls’ is back, with bookings available now for the April programme!

Sheffield Wednesday’s Fit Owls project focuses on supporting an ageing population to develop active healthier lifestyles.

’Ageing population’ is a bit of a harsh way to describe the first team squad. 

Harsh, but true I suppose. 

• Haha 1