Windass injured again?

If true, get rid. He's played a part in 7 league games this season, out of 38. Being very very optimistic he might feature altogether in 12? That's saying he misses the next couple then is back for the last few and playoffs if we make them. We can't rely on these players anymore, we did it with Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, all injury prone players who eventually let you down after pinning hopes on them to get the goals to get you promoted. Sack it off as a bad job, we'll get a decent fee for him, he's under contract a championship club we'll take a chance on him but we need his wages off the books as we just aren't seeing a return from him at all. All well and good him looking class in the games he's featured in, but they're few and far between and it's a luxury we can't afford. NML and Gregory Saturday please 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

If true, get rid. He's played a part in 7 league games this season, out of 38. Being very very optimistic he might feature altogether in 12? That's saying he misses the next couple then is back for the last few and playoffs if we make them. We can't rely on these players anymore, we did it with Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, all injury prone players who eventually let you down after pinning hopes on them to get the goals to get you promoted. Sack it off as a bad job, we'll get a decent fee for him, he's under contract a championship club we'll take a chance on him but we need his wages off the books as we just aren't seeing a return from him at all. All well and good him looking class in the games he's featured in, but they're few and far between and it's a luxury we can't afford. NML and Gregory Saturday please 

I doubt a Championship club would pay a big fee for him because of all the reasons you mention about why we shouldn't keep him.

He must be on £15k+ a week, the buying club would know we want him off the wage bill. We'd be in a position of weakness, we could probably find someone to take a chance on him on a free or for a nominal fee however.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Football is a game of opinions, for me Paterson and Gregory don't work. My thoughts on Paterson have been consistent although recent goals may have tempered the opinions of some. 

I'm no particular fan of Kamberi, just trying to pick a partnership. 

I suppose we will see on Saturday, one thing is for sure we need a drastic improvement on the last two games in an attacking sense, which has been woeful.

I think with NML being back in the fold, I’m hoping the partnership of the front 2 is irrelevant given him and Johnson will be bombarding their box with crosses. As long as someone is in the box to finish off then it shouldn’t be that much of a problem. 

• Like 4

If true berihino should not have gone 2 play meaningless friendlies . Cannot play pato or kamberi upfront with Gregory. This is 3rd or 4th time he will have broke down . Sadly his career must be on the line now. Both need to go in summer . Not having berihino for upto 8 games next season is an instant no no. Up front we are toothless 

15 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I think with NML being back in the fold, I’m hoping the partnership of the front 2 is irrelevant given him and Johnson will be bombarding their box with crosses. As long as someone is in the box to finish off then it shouldn’t be that much of a problem. 

Good point. As well as Hunt has done, Mendez-Laing particularly at home offers a lot going forward. 

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if we played him up front with Gregory. Who knows what goes on with Moore's thinking at times?

Disappointing but we’ve had to do without him for most of the season so in essence nothing has changed.

Agree with the earlier post that Gregory and Kamberi have worked well in the past. I would certainly not have a problem if Moore went with this pairing on Saturday.

Regardless though we need a big re-think in the striker department for next season.

• Like 2

Just now, Jim said:

Disappointing but we’ve had to do without him for most of the season so in essence nothing has changed.

Agree with the earlier post that Gregory and Kamberi have worked well in the past. I would certainly not have a problem if Moore went with this pairing on Saturday.

Regardless though we need a big re-think in the striker department for next season.

We had a big re-think at the start of this season by all accounts :duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Good point. As well as Hunt has done, Mendez-Laing particularly at home offers a lot going forward. 

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if we played him up front with Gregory. Who knows what goes on with Moore's thinking at times?

Playing with NML up front was dire.

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah as many have said, time to let him go.

I wondered why there was loads of managers queuing up outside the ground. All with bungles of cash looking to buy an injury prone div.1 striker on 15k per week. 😁

Did he become a Footie agent?

image.jpeg.521d58efa4eae37177e78f9b1ceee107.jpeg

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Playing with NML up front was dire.

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. 

Agree, not my choice either, but hard to second guess Moore at times. 

I think Mendez-Laing looked much better out wide with space to run into, but none of Paterson, Kamberi or Sow fill me with any confidence up front either. 

Berahino would have been my choice, in his absence and if without Windass, a real headache.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've never heard of this podcast; are they normally accurate with this kind of thing?

It'll be a massive blow if true.

Having a fit Windass back in the squad was our best hope of promotion.

One of the podders is Giles Coke. The only reason they would know more than me or thee is that he is in touch with Bannan and Palmer. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I didn't listen to the latest episode yet, so I'm not sure what they said.

The podcast is good, so it might be worth that you give it a try.  Regarding the accuracy, I am not sure.

Sometimes they just pick up rumours from Twitter, but one of the co-hosts is the former owl Giles Coke, who still seems to have contact to some players.

Coke who did say that Bannan was definitely leaving at the start of the season. I like Giles on the pod, but im not sure how accurate a gage he is on internal news. 

• Like 1

Gregory and Paterson just don’t seem to work, if sow can produce the form he showed for the Plymouth game he be best option….but I game out of 7/8/9 ain’t good enough 😆 seems no matter wot we do this season the tide is against us ? Go on a great run to find all other teams in top 6 do sand and we in same position as before! Well unfortunately we now at the business end of the season and although we’ll win a few can’t see us winning enough to scrape into the play offs with the strikers we rely on to score the goals 

1 minute ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Anyone suggesting Kamberi is having a tin bath. He’s beyond appalling!

His recent form has been poor, but around November/December he was playing well. Scoring one touch flicks and his pressing was a great foil for Gregory. IF he can get that form back he is far more useful than Paterson, but its a big IF given recent performances. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1