Windass injured again?

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep, he's been regularly available for years, then when he'd really make the world of difference to our season, he's barely kicked a ball in anger...

21/22: 7 league appearances

20/21: 41

19/20: 24

18/19: 39

17/18: 30

16/17: 21

15/16: 30

14/15: 35

😭

Wonder if the 'get rid of him now' hysterical shouters had a look at this before they started shouting.

for what its worth, I think he would have been very decent in this team, in this league, had he of stayed fit. I don't think he's anything more than an average to good championship player though. In the burst of games he played he did very well, but he's just had a bad season injury wise.

Shame he's out, but I wouldn't call it disastrous. Puts more onus on Moore to manage Berahino's recent form. I'm more bothered about the timing of his International call up to be honest, after writing him off earlier in the season I really think he could be key now. Hopefully playing for his country will give him another boost, and all will end well...

• Like 2

Always the players on ridiculous wages that get injured here 

No chance he plays again this season 

Complete write off for him and probley cost us best of 500k for the privilege of contributing very little 

• Haha 1

id imagine our wage bill next season in league 1 will need to be cut ,but cant see too many that would want to take a risk on windass . our faint hopes were reliant on windass been back clearly that aint happening now.  even when he was coming back the previous 2 times this season he took a lot longer to get fit then was getting problems . 

We are around the play offs and have been for a while without him. We scored 6 a few games ago and have put together a good string of results - unlucky that those around us have been on similar runs but a lot of them still have each other to play. If the players we have in this squad can’t cement a place in the Top 6 without Windass then a massive overhaul is needed. I’m confident we’ll get enough points to get us over the line. As for next season, any player can have an injury wriggled season however if he stays it’s vital we manage his pre-season to avoid another repeat. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

His recent form has been poor, but around November/December he was playing well. Scoring one touch flicks and his pressing was a great foil for Gregory. IF he can get that form back he is far more useful than Paterson, but its a big IF given recent performances. 

Should be nowhere near the starting line up. Even without Windass and Berahino I’d still rather have Mendez-Laing or even Sow up front than the useless Kamberi. Touch like an elephant and football brain of a baby terrapin. Truly awful player!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Should be nowhere near the starting line up. Even without Windass and Berahino I’d still rather have Mendez-Laing or even Sow up front than the useless Kamberi. Touch like an elephant and football brain of a baby terrapin. Truly awful player!

Sounds as if you aren't impressed by him, that's vibe I'm getting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Pointless looking at his previous games played per season. 

It means absolutely nothing. 

He's a crock now.. Payed by us.... He could have played 50 games for Barca,   it means diddly squat. He's continually knackered for us. 

Why is that?  Just what the hell do they do to the players here? 

• Like 5

Shame.

He's one of those players in our team who I think is probably a bit too good for League One tbh. 

Unfortunately, if he's got a chronic issue with his hamstring(s), then this could be a pretty regular occurrence. 

I commented earlier in the thread and I think he has a serious issue with this hamstring. 
Be interesting to know if it’s the same one each time as could be terminal for his career. 
Good player and one who I think could have got us over the line. Big blow. 

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Don’t think Windass is on ridiculous wages

think he is in the range of 14k a week which is a lot at this level , can see a few leaving this summer pato windass iorfa dunkley all on decent money at this level and either dont perform or injured far too much.

• Haha 1

Good players are only of value if they are on the pitch.

Windass has shown his quality at this level, but hasn't been available bar a handful of games. 

Not his fault BTW, but does need to be considered when planning for next season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

you have obviously not read "The footballers of the terrapin world" by Terry Terrapin... 

• Haha 1