Windass injured again?

2 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Started 3 games this season compared to 35 games last season.

Absolutely no doubts that we'd be higher up with him in the squad,  but it's the Wednesday way ain't it? 

Still think we'd be mad to get rid, give him another season whatever division we are in! 

Yep, he's been regularly available for years, then when he'd really make the world of difference to our season, he's barely kicked a ball in anger...

21/22: 7 league appearances

20/21: 41

19/20: 24

18/19: 39

17/18: 30

16/17: 21

15/16: 30

14/15: 35

😭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep, he's been regularly available for years, then when he'd really make the world of difference to our season, he's barely kicked a ball in anger...

21/22: 7 league appearances

20/21: 41

19/20: 24

18/19: 39

17/18: 30

16/17: 21

15/16: 30

14/15: 35

😭

Typical init. 

I don't think those stats are too bad, certainly don't warrant the sick note tag. Hopefully he'll be ever present for us next season, probably still in League 1.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Started 3 games this season compared to 35 games last season.

Absolutely no doubts that we'd be higher up with him in the squad,  but it's the Wednesday way ain't it? 

Still think we'd be mad to get rid, give him another season whatever division we are in! 

"Still think we'd be mad to get rid, give him another season whatever division we are in!" - We will never learn will we, good grief.

10 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

"Still think we'd be mad to get rid, give him another season whatever division we are in!" - We will never learn will we, good grief.

It's not as if he's frequently injured, is it?

This season is a major anomaly in his career so far.

We can't afford to discard a player of Windass' quality for nothing.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

His recent form has been poor, but around November/December he was playing well. Scoring one touch flicks and his pressing was a great foil for Gregory. IF he can get that form back he is far more useful than Paterson, but its a big IF given recent performances. 

At the moment he can't do anything that involves dealing with the ball....by rights he should be nowhere near the matchday squad given what he has turned out when given a chance. I hope he proves me wrong as we are so desperate he will be involved unfortunately. UTO.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

So you'd get rid based on one injury riddled season? 

He's hardly Franny Jeffers, total overreaction by some. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How long does he have left on his contract?

If its another 12 months then we probably should keep him.

He's worthless at the Min regarding transfer fee.

But, he's on big money so we may need to let him leave for a token fee.

Bannan, Luongo, Gregory, Iorfa, Hutch, Hunt, Byers and Paterson will probably be gone too I would imagine. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

He has missed 31 out of 38 games this season, when we were all banking on him scoring the goals to get us in the promotion hunt.

for me,  he needs moving on in the summer, we need players available for 40+ games a season not missing for 40+ games a season.

The good news is he's played 7 games.

I don't suppose we could sell him to Juventus, but maybe Fray Bentos would be interested?

I was surprised after his most recent injury that we were even expecting him back this season at all. He’s contracted until the summer of 2023 so we have to hope he gets back and firing again ready for next season. I can’t see anyone would take him on while still injured so he’ll presumably still be with us.  

• Like 2