Doncaster Rovers - V - Wednesday OMDT

I am absolutely amazed and delighted with how that went. It’s been so long since we have come back to win away from home I can hardly remember the feeling! Thought Donny were a bit naive really and should have shut up shop at half time but they came out and had a real go at us. That made for an exciting game for their fans but ultimately gave us way more opportunity to score as the game opened up. Maybe we’d have won anyway and broken them down eventually but I think they might have at least kept it down to one if they had been more defensive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I’ve never doubted our current manager. He’s proved more than a few wrong today with his H-T substitutions that have helped turn the game around in our favour.

Also the criticism of him starting Kamberi and Sow was over the top as usual. Let’s face it there have been some understandable posts saying Kamberi is usually effective in helping us win games plus Sow’s goal ratio compared to minutes on the pitch has given a strong case for him starting.

Anyway that’s 5 wins in 6 and that defeat was an undeserved one so we’re doing well despite all the injuries but Moore still won’t get the credit he deserves from some on here but I still believe he’ll be a very good manager for us.

Agree on all counts.

moore is proving people wrong. Very good manager. If he leaves us then he will end in a higher league than Wednesday .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

1 point from last 5 games. Serves then right for sacking thier manager when they were 3rd.

So pleased we stuck with Moore when people wanted rid.

Sunderlands owners, must be worse than ours. Sacking a manager when 3rd couldn't make it up. 

• Like 2

Fair play to DM for not hanging about & changing it at half time.

We were so much on top it was ridiculous, but the strikers were nonj-existent.
And I agreed with the thinking behiind why he started with Kamberi & Sow - Paterson struggled against Rovrum & Berahino....let's be polite, when given chances, he just hasn't taken them.

But it wasn't working.something had to change, so they had to be brought on.
And they proved the difference. Well done DM, Pato & SB.

5 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

We've scored 2 open play goals 8 times this season.

Kamberi has started 6 of them, Sow 1 of the others.

We'll be fine.

lol

How many times have we scored 3 

mind you you will say that they started this one 

sometimes you can make stats say what you want 

Edited by Mike Hunt
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

Fair play to DM for not hanging about & changing it at half time.

We were so much on top it was ridiculous, but the strikers were nonj-existent.
And I agreed with the thinking behiind why he started with Kamberi & Sow - Paterson struggled against Rovrum & Berahino....let's be polite, when given chances, he just hasn't taken them.

But it wasn't working.something had to change, so they had to be brought on.
And they proved the difference. Well done DM, Pato & SB.

Rotherham have conceded 19 goals this season; it's no great surprise that Paterson struggled against them.

In comparison, Donny have conceded 66. The fact that Kamberi and Sow struggled so badly against them makes me wonder just how much worse we might have looked against Rotherham with them up top.

They'll undoubtedly have games where they'll prove useful again before the end of the season, but today was a worrying indication of how the two of them together might perform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Rotherham have conceded 19 goals this season; it's no great surprise that Paterson struggled against them.

In comparison, Donny have conceded 66. The fact that Kamberi and Sow struggled so badly against them makes me wonder just how much worse we might have looked against Rotherham with them up top.

They'll undoubtedly have games where they'll prove useful again before the end of the season, but today was a worrying indication of how the two of them together might perform.

Just a week late with this ^^

People slagging Patterson off last week saying he was barging into them and giving fouls away , 

He gave them a right uneasy time and we played well without scoring but today he did the same unsettled them and we scored three 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

lol

How many times have we scored 3 

mind you you will say that they started this one 

sometimes you can make stats say what you want 

We've scored 3 in open play twice now.

Today and Sunderland.

They did start this one though.

However, I will say they were underwhelming at best, but the team performance was pretty slow and closed up in the first half, not half as good as people were making out.

I'd also say that the half time change was planned too, they were going to change anyway.

I'm happy that Pato and Berahino scored, my main point has been all season how can you write players off if they don't get a chance.

7 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We've scored 3 in open play twice now.

Today and Sunderland.

They did start this one though.

However, I will say they were underwhelming at best, but the team performance was pretty slow and closed up in the first half, not half as good as people were making out.

I'd also say that the half time change was planned too, they were going to change anyway.

I'm happy that Pato and Berahino scored, my main point has been all season how can you write players off if they don't get a chance.

First half was decent up to point either kamberi or sow had to get involved, hunt and Johnson whipped in several great balls in first half but we had no "presence" in the box. 

Really fancy us ( and have done for while now) to go up through play offs, especially if we can have likes of Dean, Gregory, NML and windass involved by then.