LISTEN: Pitch too hard. Players don't like it. Players say that's a reason for injuries.

46 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Sow, Berahino, Brennan, Storey, Johnson? (most of them had only a few games though)

IIRC Johnson has had a couple of injuries this season? He definitely had a hamstring injury in November and was out for a couple of weeks and I'm thinking earlier in the season too?

27 minutes ago, markg said:

How many players have we signed that we aren’t injury prone or aren’t short of match fitness due to not having played for ages before they joined us ?

Exactly. Main negative of free transfers/loan signings, they won't have been playing regular football and possibly haven't had much of a pre-season.

• Like 1

If it’s anything to do with pitches I’d say it’s the training ground ? They play on those surfaces regularly not just two or three times a month? Players train harder than yrs ago at high levels but does seem strange that it’s always us ? And has been for yrs ? Different managers ,different training regimes, different players , different coaches same results!! Or is it our medical team ain’t up to picking the bad ones out ? 

• Like 1

DC: Deso Pitch? £Million. Screw that. Get travellers in to Tarmac when no one looking. Get Polish painter & decorator paint it green. Tell customers I’ve bought them new pitch so no worry about refunds. No one will ever know. Bingo. 

Atty: Great plan. But wait….. what if it rains? Won’t the paint wash away?

DC: Oh my poor deluded son. You have so much to learn. Bung the ref a grand to call it off due to “water log pitch”. Get Pole back in to touch up paintwork. Winner winner tuna dinner. 

673EDFDC-B7E5-4B91-8EF1-F68C2751AF56.jpeg

• Haha 3

Of the available explanations for the ongoing injury issues:

-we sign intrinsically injury prone players

-there is some underlying physical reason in the training/ playing surface that injures our players

-it’s just bad luck

-it’s a fûcking curse!!!

Surely any rational observer would chose option 4? It’s obviously a curse! I was hoping Topsy’s intervention might end it but apparently not…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1