Takeover ??

At some point DC will sell, unless he's wants to hand the club over to Atte, which as he grows into adult hood is probably unlikely when he sees the state of things.

So the dilemma for DC is how long - does he cut his loses and bail out this year, or try to claw back some potential value to get back to at least where he was in 2016/17. That could take anything between 3-5 years, and is dependent on a good manager and players, which is another 6/12 months off. He's losing what; £10m-£20m a year, on top of the £100m or so he's already invested, with no value other than the scoreboard capital depreciation. He could be in it for another £50m/£60m until we are ready to sell, and even then will the investment be re-couped - will we be worth another £50/£60? I doubt it, so what's the point?

I'd bail now and take £30m and minimise his loses, as even he must see that he's not capable to see this through.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

My worry would be who is setting up the sale and to whom? This isn’t a be careful what you wish for post by the way, it’s just if his “advisors” are involved then I dread to think!!!

indeed, but it goes with the territory of selling a club these days after all i believe MM made it clear he had the club at heart and he'd only sell to someone decent, however if you research who he actually tried to sell it to mammadov and serbian gangsters etc that was just words.

If we did get a new owner the best we can hope for is someone who is either a uk native or will devolve responsibility to a decent ceo  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Django said:

No truth in this 

Chansiri promised us that he’d leave us in a better position that he found us in, and I believe him to be a man of his word 

Well, Chansiri will always leave the club will in a better position simply by not being around anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Luke said:

No way will dc sell at a reduced price 

At best we are worth 20 million 

League 1 club ,transfer embargo,no ground 

DC will want at least 5 times that 

Ain't happening 

At best we will get investment from someone 

OK - So imagine you were DC ( God forbid I hear - yes I know)

You bought the club for £35m in the hope that if you spent a few quid you could have an unbelievable return if the club got into the Premiership.

Now despite your bad management and all the crap advice you have taken from so called experienced ‘friends’ you are now mega millions down and your bank balance is looking pretty slim. To make matters worse as every month goes by your losses are mounting up with absolutely no sign of any financial improvement. You begin not sleeping at night.
Today with little or no support from your family and now even your son has lost interest and you can probably count on one hand the supporters that would open a door for you at Hillsborough then WHY wouldn’t you listen to any offer that comes along and with the test of time even think a out accepting the best offer even if it did fall miles away from your expectations 
One thing is for sure as each month passes your losses keep escalating. 
You might get a bit of rest bite with those that have coughed up for next season’s season tickets but that won’t last long
At some point no matter whether that’s now or in a few more months Chansiri WILL sell SWFC

Just believe and er ‘prey’ I’m right 

Just now, bolton9owl said:

You bought the club for £35m in the hope that if you spent a few quid you could have an unbelievable return if the club got into the Premiership.

Now despite your bad management and all the crap advice you have taken from so called experienced ‘friends’ you are now mega millions down and your bank balance is looking pretty slim. To make matters worse as every month goes by your losses are mounting up with absolutely no sign of any financial improvement. You begin not sleeping at night.
Today with little or no support from your family and now even your son has lost interest and you can probably count on one hand the supporters that would open a door for you at Hillsborough then WHY wouldn’t you listen to any offer that comes along and with the test of time even think a out accepting the best offer even if it did fall miles away from your expectations 
You might get a bit of rest bite with those that have coughed up for next season’s season tickets but that won’t last long
At some point no matter whether that’s now or in a few more months Chansiri WILL sell SWFC

One word ,ego 

Guest DoesJackHunt

So, no investment this January while the "take over" talks rumble on.

Then surprise, surprise! The "take over" falls through early Feb. 

Cellini at Leeds used to do this every transfer window. 

We don't even own the stadium. No one is buying 25ish league 1 players and a run down training ground for 130m; which is/was Chansiri's asking price. 

Southampton just got bought for 100m. No one is buying Wednesday for more than that.

Call me a cynical sausage by all means but we aren't getting sold, this is just a smoke screen for no January investment in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, Django said:

No truth in this 

Chansiri promised us that he’d leave us in a better position that he found us in, and I believe him to be a man of his word 

It would now take a lot of money which he hasn’t got or has no intention of spending the sort of money that would attract the players to get us back - I think if you believe him to be a man of his word you may well be waiting a very long time 

3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Mr. Allen likes to think of himself as ITK on Twitter, I'm not ITK, and this is 100% Barry hollocks, I'm willing to run naked down Fargate if it became true. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, sethman75 said:

I really hope so, would be great to feel something again

WTF:

12 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

The Venky's are still in charge at Blackburn despite taking them from the PL to League 1 then back up to the championship.

I don't think failure and leaking money are any guarantee that these crackpot owners will just sell up.

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Takeover goes through.......Moore gets "relieved" new manager appointed.

Knowing our luck it would be David Hockaday or Arthur Blackpudding.

Both an improvement on Darren Moore imo

• Haha 1