Surely Darren Moore must be planning on keeping this formation/style?

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

So, we change the 'Style' to meet every Young Loanee we sign, is that it?.
Poster's on here have called for a style/Philosophy at the club for Year's, weather Moore proven right or not, he is TRYING to bring a playing Philosophy to the club.

The last time we did that was between 1976 - 86, in my opinion our most consistently successful era in the last 45 years.

Will Moore succeed? I don't know, but after the last 35 years of Boom and Bust, more Bust than Boom, I hope so.

Where as we have changed style every time we have changed the manager

We had the style for Theo (and the rest of the signings) already in preseason.

We changed the style midseason to meet the needs of a 33 year old striker.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, markg said:

Weird thing is some fans are happy for that to happen and criticising Moore for not playing the way that wolves tell us to play in order to benefit one loan player.

Has it not occurred to you that playing Theo how Wolves wanted would have been beneficial to us? 

It’s not like Moore has gone with a different approach and found huge success.

We’re half way through the season and we still look a shambles whilst being out of the play off spots. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Has it not occurred to you that playing Theo how Wolves wanted would have been beneficial to us? 

It’s not like Moore has gone with a different approach and found huge success.

We’re half way through the season and we still look a shambles whilst being out of the play off spots. 

To be fair to DM he has found out he's not a very good wing back....

Maybe Moore told Wolves he was going to play him through the middle... At CB?!?

lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, markg said:

Weird thing is some fans are happy for that to happen and criticising Moore for not playing the way that wolves tell us to play in order to benefit one loan player.

i don't believe for one minute Wolves told Moore how we should play. They just wanted Theo to get more game time.

9 hours ago, markg said:

I do agree with you that it was a bit strange that he brought him in but we did play better and pick up better results when we changed formation . I don’t blame DM for sticking with it at the expense of Theo .

We looked more threatening as an attacking force when Theo played, running with pace at defenders, scoring goals and providing assists.

We had struggled for goals all season. Then Theo starts we started scoring and winning, beating MK Dons and 3 goals against Sunderland and  Accrington, the only times we've scored more than 2. We looked like we had turned a corner then inexplicably Moore drops him again. We've scored 2 goals in the last 4 games. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

i don't believe for one minute Wolves told Moore how we should play. They just wanted Theo to get more game time.

We looked more threatening as an attacking force when Theo played, running with pace at defenders, scoring goals and providing assists.

We had struggled for goals all season. Then Theo starts we started scoring and winning, beating MK Dons and 3 goals against Sunderland and  Accrington, the only times we've scored more than 2. We looked like we had turned a corner then inexplicably Moore drops him again. We've scored 2 goals in the last 4 games. 

Good points mate. I didn’t realise we had scored so few when he wasn’t playing to be honest 

1 minute ago, markg said:

Good points mate. I didn’t realise we had scored so few when he wasn’t playing to be honest 

He is still raw and nowhere near the finished article but I do feel he added some welcome h'energy to our attacking play, which for the most part of the season has been pedestrian.

12 hours ago, prowl said:

4 4 2

We can't play 3 at the back without Cb's.

We can't play 1 up front because of Gregory

We can't play 2 in the middle because of Bannan.

Very true.  I don't understand why a Manager would try to shoehorn players into a formation,  rather than letting the weapons on hand determine the formation.  The formation should  be determined by the skillsets of the different players.

The formation can be whatever it needs to be,  in order to get the most out of the players.  The reason why this Club or that, is kicking ass in this League or that, is not the formation per se...it's that the Manager has built a formation around the players,  allowing for these players to play according to their strengths.  

I think SWFC would do better in a 4-4-2,  however unfashionable it may be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Nothing wrong with 3-5-2.....................our porkular neighbours went from mid table league 1 to mid table premier league playing this formation.

You just have to recruit accordingly , like Darren Moore did......oh wait !!

I think it is probably more to do with the manager, Wilder has now got Boro going without any recruitment, Cooper got forest moving and Huddersfield manager has got them towards the top 6. The much derided Rooney had to piece a rag bag side together but they would now be mid table if not for points deduction.

I saw a piece on another team in our division who the BBC claimed only had a handful of players when they reported back pre season, can't remember if it was Wigan but the team in question were above us in the league..

Just need to find a good manager. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/01/2022 at 20:43, Maddogbob said:

Now, without distracting from the fact that DM and his tactics appear to be totally mentalist at best.

And taking into account the club appears to be broken.

Why are wolves telling us how to play?

Football just gets weirder.

But there not are they? they are just looking out for a young player? do we do that?....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, parajack said:

But there not are they? they are just looking out for a young player? do we do that?....

We shouldn't be discussing how we choose to use our players. Why should we? If he's not happy and it's quite clear he wasn't, that fair enough and he moves on.

Which he has. 

My issue (and my only one here) is with the supposed meeting telling us how to use him.

Edited by Maddogbob

I think that we all need to break out the champagne and praise the management of our club who have just lost us one of our best players so far this season, and a free bonus bottle because he went to a promotion rival.... cool stuff.....

• Thanks 1

We along with Sunderland have THE most potential in this league by far.

Have a guess which two clubs should be able to attract the best players and managers at this level.

The fact that WE can't do this tells you all you need to know.

The problem is the bloke in charge, and it ain't DM.

• Haha 1