Surely Darren Moore must be planning on keeping this formation/style?

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Apparently they are allowed to tell us to play him in a certain way or place. It can be dressed up however you like. 

Third party influence in my book. 

WTF mate -No it isn't

Darren Moore is free to play any style or formation he wants 
Nobody is making him change or insisting he does

They're just saying 'look - our lad wants to play right wing or on the wing in a system that supports him playing his natural position. If you're not going to that's fine we'll just find somewhere that does'

Its like someone walking into a chippy saying 'I"m here to buy some food. I've come in here to buy some hot food. I'd quite like to have a pizza. It's totally fine if you only serve fish and chips though - I can just nip to the pizza shop if you dont' serve pizza"

Same thing 

Totally same thing

They've took Theo for pizza whilst Darren Moore cooks fish and chips

They're not saying "LOOK - WE HAVE COME INTO THIS CHIPPY AND WE INSIST YOU COOK US A PIZZA INSTEAD OF THE FISH AND CHIPS YOU ARE COOKING"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're just saying 'look - our lad wants to play right wing or on the wing in a system that supports him playing his natural position. If you're not going to that's fine we'll just find somewhere that does'

Is that not trying to influence where he plays, how he plays, thus effecting how we play?

Moore has gone nah.

He's gone.

Edited by Maddogbob

Is that not influencing where he plays, how he plays, thus effecting how we play?

It's not 

Same as if a club says 'We've got this keeper for loan - we'd prefer it he played in goal though?'

That's not saying to Darren Moore "play 4-4-2"

It's saying If you wanna loan the keeper play him in goal. If not that's totally fine and your choice. We'll just take him to a club that will where he can play in goal and develop

I dont' know why you're trying to spin this into something it isn't

lol

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Well he'd be crap for starters, if they wanted to do that and lose games that's up to them.

Zero skin off my nose.

If he then asks to come back that's his right. 

Ha!

Zero skin off of your nose?

Behave. 

In this analogy, YOU’RE the manager. 

In this analogy, you had sent him there to progress him as a player, in the hope that he can come back as a better one, in the hope of strengthening your squad.

This is pointless.

I’m not going to keep having a back and forth with you. But trust me, if you WERE the manager and that happened after what you’d agreed in the summer, then you would certainly be bothered. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not 

Same as if a club says 'We've got this keeper for loan - we'd prefer it he played in goal though?'

That's not saying to Darren Moore "play 4-4-2"

It's saying If you wanna loan the keeper play him in goal. If not that's totally fine and your choice. We'll just take him to a club that will where he can play in goal and develop

I dont' know why you're trying to spin this into something it isn't

lol

And I'm not sure why people have literally no issue with influence, when it comes to sport.

Surely it stops being a sport if another club can effectively or indirectly effect how a team uses a player.

Perhaps I'm just burnt out with UK football. Or just football in general.

3 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Ha!

Zero skin off of your nose?

Behave. 

In this analogy, YOU’RE the manager. 

In this analogy, you had sent him there to progress him as a player, in the hope that he can come back as a better one, in the hope of strengthening your squad.

This is pointless.

I’m not going to keep having a back and forth with you. But trust me, if you WERE the manager and that happened after what you’d agreed in the summer, then you would certainly be bothered. 

Oh sorry I'm the manager, didn't realise, Id exert influence on how Grimsby played. Apparently that's allowed.

In all seriousness,  at his age, if he isn't worrying the first team I'd have binned him off at the start of the season.

Edited by Maddogbob

And I'm not sure why people have literally no issue with influence, when it comes to sport.

Surely it stops being a sport if another club can effectively or indirectly effect how a team uses a player.

Perhaps I'm just burnt out with UK football. Or just football in general.

Darren Moore is the manager

He plays whatever style and formation he wants to

Nobody is effecting that at all
Nobody is telling him to change it. Nobody is telling him to try something different

He does what he wants as manager

Nobody has influenced him

If they had Theo would still be here and we'd have switched formation to accomodate him??

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore is the manager

He plays whatever style and formation he wants to

Nobody is effecting that at all
Nobody is telling him to change it. Nobody is telling him to try something different

He does what he wants as manager

Nobody has influenced him

If they had Theo would still be here and we'd have switched formation to accomodate him??

Exactly, I've not said he has been, but it's been tried. Given what's been said.

Edited by Maddogbob

Remember after the first game when we played 3 at the back Moore said he’d be using it occasionally, horses for courses.

Think we’ve used it every game since haven’t we?

As far as ‘occasions’ go I’m guessing it’s Christmas every weekend in the Moore household..

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It really really REALLY hasn't though

lol

Just the way I've read the quotes. That to me looks like influence. We are taking our toy back because we think you are using it incorrectly.

I'm not going to win this "debate" with you so I'll agree to disagree.

I'm sure you'll have the last word.

lol

Just now, Maddogbob said:

We are taking our toy back because we think you are using it incorrectly. 

That's not influencing anything though?

It's like 'if you're not selling pizza I'll go to the pizza shop'

They're not telling us to cook pizza

They're saying it's totally fine to cook fish and chips

But they want pizza

No influence - just personal choice of what they wanna do

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Just the way I've read the quotes. That to me looks like influence. We are taking our toy back because we think you are using it incorrectly.

I'm not going to win this "debate" with you so I'll agree to disagree.

I'm sure you'll have the last word.

lol

It's like lending next door your drill to put some shelves up, then taking it back when you find out they're using it as a hammer.

You aren't influencing how they put the shelf up, you're just making sure they don't wreck your drill doing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's not influencing anything though?

It's like 'if you're not selling pizza I'll go to the pizza shop'

They're not telling us to cook pizza

They're saying it's totally fine to cook fish and chips

But they want pizza

No influence - just personal choice of what they wanna do

Oh goodie you've gone back food analogies. Mate I'm not interested in debating it with you further.

I don't care if you think I'm right or wrong.

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's like lending next door your drill to put some shelves up, then taking it back when you find out they're using it as a hammer.

You aren't influencing how they put the shelf up, you're just making sure they don't wreck your drill doing it.

That's DIY not a sport.

4 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Bingo. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

That's DIY not a sport.

It's still just taking back your property when it's not being used as intended or agreed.

OK, it's like Ferrari lending Leclerc to Red Bull to drive, then taking him back when they find out he's only driving the team bus.

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Bang on

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's still just taking back your property when it's not being used as intended or agreed.

OK, it's like Ferrari lending Leclerc to Red Bull to drive, then taking him back when they find out he's only driving the team bus.

So it's ok to lend a player out with conditions of where and how he plays. Which influences how our team plays. That's perfectly fine in everyone's book.

I get that. 

I'm not.

It's as simple as that.