Surely Darren Moore must be planning on keeping this formation/style?

58 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We shouldn't be discussing how we choose to use our players. Why should we? If he's not happy and it's quite clear he wasn't, that fair enough and he moves on.

Which he has. 

My issue (and my only one here) is with the supposed meeting telling us how to use him.

What’s the issue?

He’s their player. 

He’s a right winger.

He was initially signed as a right winger by Moore. 

Moore then decided to switch formation, which has seen 4/5 players being played out of position. 

Wolves met with us and wanted us to play him and develop him as right winger. 

Why do you see this as Wolves dictating how we play?

I don’t see that at all. They’re not trying to boss us around. They just don’t want their playing being played out of his preferred position. And has it’s turned out, neither did Theo.

Only Wednesday could go and sign a promising and exciting winger, tell the fans that they’re going to be excited by him, before then playing him as a left WB to the detriment of the team. 

We’ve now weakened our squad whilst we we’ve strengthened a promotion rival’s.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone seen the Newcastle / Man U meltdown...the self entitled ones...Derby fans squabbling about Ashley..the Dickensian style businessman.

Glad to be a Wednesdayite mesen and just discuss tactics in a reaonable manner and don't get involved with politics.

😊

14 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

What’s the issue?

He’s their player. 

He’s a right winger.

He was initially signed as a right winger by Moore. 

Moore then decided to switch formation, which has seen 4/5 players being played out of position. 

Wolves met with us and wanted us to play him and develop him as right winger. 

Why do you see this as Wolves dictating how we play?

I don’t see that at all. They’re not trying to boss us around. They just don’t want their playing being played out of his preferred position. And has it’s turned out, neither did Theo.

Only Wednesday could go and sign a promising and exciting winger, tell the fans that they’re going to be excited by him, before then playing him as a left WB to the detriment of the team. 

We’ve now weakened our squad whilst we we’ve strengthened a promotion rival’s.

My issue is they have no right to tell us how to play. I'm not defending moore here either. Blokes off his nut tactics wise, as far as I'm concerned.

I just think one club telling another how to use a player isn't really in anyone's interests.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

We shouldn't be discussing how we choose to use our players. Why should we? If he's not happy and it's quite clear he wasn't, that fair enough and he moves on.

Which he has. 

My issue (and my only one here) is with the supposed meeting telling us how to use him.

He isn't our player,he is theirs and they have every right to Q  the lack of game time and role he was being used in.

DM should not have brought him in unless he was prepared to use him in an appropriate role,he isnt a utility player and Wolves can only find out if that were to continue by asking Moore how he intended to play out the season.

The fact that Corbenau has left would suggest we will not be seeing free flowing attacking football for the remainder of our season,but further draws,and loss'es against teams we should be beating EASILY

(always gets responce this)

Why easily? its DIVISION 3,full of average to poor teams and players by and large plying their trade in the third tier of English soccer!!!

WW & Rotherham are managing to turn teams over in this League & these are the two sides closest to us in similar fashion(recently relegated Championship sides) Wigan the same,Ipswich under new management improved massively...

Get ready under DM to face the mighty Forest Green Rovers next Year....

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

My issue is they have no right to tell us how to play. I'm not defending moore here either. Blokes off his nut tactics wise, as far as I'm concerned.

I just think one club telling another how to use a player isn't really in anyone's interests.

They’ve only told us how they want him to be utilised. 

He’s their player. 

What’s wrong with that?

They’ve not tried to tell us what formation to play etc have they?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

They’ve only told us how they want him to be utilised. 

He’s their player. 

What’s wrong with that?

They’ve not tried to tell us what formation to play etc have they?

Playing devils advocate, if your telling a team how to utilise a player are you not influencing the formation and tactics?

45 minutes ago, parajack said:

He isn't our player,he is theirs and they have every right to Q  the lack of game time and role he was being used in.

DM should not have brought him in unless he was prepared to use him in an appropriate role,he isnt a utility player and Wolves can only find out if that were to continue by asking Moore how he intended to play out the season.

The fact that Corbenau has left would suggest we will not be seeing free flowing attacking football for the remainder of our season,but further draws,and loss'es against teams we should be beating EASILY

(always gets responce this)

Why easily? its DIVISION 3,full of average to poor teams and players by and large plying their trade in the third tier of English soccer!!!

WW & Rotherham are managing to turn teams over in this League & these are the two sides closest to us in similar fashion(recently relegated Championship sides) Wigan the same,Ipswich under new management improved massively...

Get ready under DM to face the mighty Forest Green Rovers next Year....

I only care about the influence they are using. Game time I agree with you and it's sometimes added to loan agreements with penalties issued for failing to adhere to the rules.

Like I say I'm not defending moore here. I just don't like "influence" from a third party, certainly if it's not contractual.

On 07/01/2022 at 20:53, Fablon Dunlop said:

I believe there is every possiblity that Darren Moore attended that meeting wearing one of those amusing hats with a propeller on top. I think he spent the entire meeting with a dead pan face, saying "what? Why do you keep looking at me like that. Do I have something on my face?". 

It was a flawless excersise in distraction and time wasting.

I suggest that occupied the majority of the meeting and there was no constructive conversation to speak of. 

Just Darren Moore. With his propeller hat. 

Mushrooms are best fried and eaten with breakfast. You should leave the magic ones well alone. 

15 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Playing devils advocate, if your telling a team how to utilise a player are you not influencing the formation and tactics?

What?

He’s THEIR player. 

We loaned him on the condition that he was developed/given game time in his preferred position. 

They didn’t tout the player to us.

Moore went out of his way to bring him in. 

There’s no issue here at all. 

Why on earth can they not tell us how they want THEIR player to be utilised, when we’ve agreed to loan him?

If Darren had initially agreed to it, he’d never have come here in the first place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

What?

He’s THEIR player. 

We loaned him on the condition that he was developed/given game time in his preferred position. 

They didn’t tout the player to us.

Moore went out of his way to bring him in. 

There’s no issue here at all. 

Why on earth can they not tell us how they want THEIR player to be utilised, when we’ve agreed to loan him?

If Darren had initially agreed to it, he’d never have come here in the first place. 

While he's with us he's our player is he not?

Why should they have the right to tell us how to use him?

If this is the standard or conditions of loan agreements in English football. My god. Stop the ride I want to get off. (I'm not saying this hasn't gone on, but take issue with it)

Club a influences how club b plays. Can you not see the issue there? From a moral/sporting perspective?

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

While he's with us he's our player is he not?

Why should they have the right to tell us how to use him?

If this is the standard or conditions of loan agreements in English football. My god. Stop the ride I want to get off. (I'm not saying this hasn't gone on, but take issue with it)

Club a influences how club b plays. Can you not see the issue there? From a moral/sporting perspective.

I’m truly baffled by your stance. 

No, he’s not our player.

He’s their player. 

He was here on the understanding of an agreement. 

An agreement which hopefully would have benefited both parties. 

Moore went to Wolves to loan him. 

They agreed to the loan on the condition of him being developed how they want him to be developed.

If Darren wasn’t happy with that condition, then he didn’t have to loan him in the first place.

Are you telling me that if Grimsby started playing Alex Hunt in defence, that we wouldn’t be right in telling them that we weren’t happy and that we wanted him back?

That wouldn’t be us trying to tell the Grimsby manager what to do.

It wouldn’t be us being all high and mighty trying to dictate how we want another club to play.

That would simply be us looking after our own young prospect, with his and our best interests at heart. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just for 100% total clarity here

Nobody has told Darren Moore or Sheffield Wednesday how to play

They've not told us to play a particular formation
They've not told us to play a particular style

They've not told us we have to do ANYTHING

Not sure why people are trying to make out they have?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Robdylan said:

I’m truly baffled by your stance. 

No, he’s not our player.

He’s their player. 

He was here on the understanding of an agreement. 

An agreement which hopefully would have benefited both parties. 

Moore went to Wolves to loan him. 

They agreed to the loan on the condition of him being developed how they want him to be developed.

If Darren wasn’t happy with that condition, then he didn’t have to loan him in the first place.

Are you telling me that if Grimsby started playing Alex Hunt in defence, that we wouldn’t be right in telling them that we weren’t happy and that we wanted him back?

That wouldn’t be us trying to tell the Grimsby manager what to do.

It wouldn’t be us being all high and mighty trying to dictate how we want another club to play.

That would simply be us looking after our own young prospect, with his and our best interests at heart. 

I'm questioning the system in place. We obviously can't be find common ground and if you can't see an issue with 3rd party influence, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I'm questioning the system in place. We obviously can't be find common ground and if you can't see an issue with 3rd party influence, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

There's no 3rd Party influence happening or even being attempted though?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just for 100% total clarity here

Nobody has told Darren Moore or Sheffield Wednesday how to play

They've not told us to play a particular formation
They've not told us to play a particular style

They've not told us we have to do ANYTHING

Not sure why people are trying to make out they have?

Apparently this is standard practice I'm being told.

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I don’t mind agreeing to disagree, but I’d be interested to know what you’d do if you were the manager and Grimsby started playing Hunt in defence, after they’d agreed to loan him as a CM for the season. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

There's no 3rd Party influence happening or even being attempted though?

Apparently they are allowed to tell us to play him in a certain way or place. It can be dressed up however you like. 

Third party influence in my book. 

2 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I don’t mind agreeing to disagree, but I’d be interested to know what you’d do if you were the manager and Grimsby started playing Hunt in defence, after they’d agreed to loan him as a CM for the season. 

Well he'd be crap for starters, if they wanted to do that and lose games that's up to them.

Zero skin off my nose.

If he then asks to come back that's his right. 

Edited by Maddogbob