Surely Darren Moore must be planning on keeping this formation/style?

With the players we have available I’m not sure what the best formation is but the 4-3-3 system earlier in the season didn’t work as we were invariably operating it as 4-5-1 and it was dreadful to watch, with little attacking play.

I don’t care what system we play as long as we genuinely have a go at teams.

4 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Now, without distracting from the fact that DM and his tactics appear to be totally mentalist at best.

And taking into account the club appears to be broken.

Why are wolves telling us how to play?

Football just gets weirder.

….telling us how to use their player..

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

That's what Wolves said

Now.... think about this...

Apparently Darren Moore went for a meeting with Wolves very recently to discuss stuff and Theo etc and apparently it was all very friendly and constructive

But he came away from the meeting, then Wolves and Theo decided SWFC wasn't for them and Theo decided to move onto MK Dons

Ok - so far so straight forward

But look at what Matt Jackson has said here again and you'll see my point "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

So....

You can only conclude the meeting at Wolves included a discussion about the formation being played at SWFC and that Darren Moore must have told Wolves and probably even Theo on a separate occasion that the formation was here to stay and he wont' be budging from it

No club discusses formation of the club when pulling a player away from it so it must have been a significant factor in the decision

And it can only be a significant factor in the decision if Wolves/Theo have asked Darren Moore "Are you going to persist with this formation/style? If so we can't be having Theo playing there" and been met with 'Yeah I'm gonna stick with it so can't guarantee Theo will be in this natural position'

There can't be any other scenario here can there?

Wolves have specifically pointed to the formation and that can only be something you'd do and decide on if you'd been told that the formation was here to stay?

So....

To conclude it's my conclusion that I've concluded that Darren Moore has decided to stick with this formation, this style and this way of playing for the rest of the season.

I rest my case your honour

CraftyRightBudgie-size_restricted.gif

There was a guy on here when DM first came who had SWFC links..a parent was involved in running Wise Old Owls. He said DM was rigid about his preferred system, he played players out of position and he had favourites. He wrote the script for us..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

At any normal football club he'd be planning an early holiday and a trip to the job center, however this is Sheffield Wednesday and we are run by an utter cockwomble who after being at our club for years still hasn't the first clue what he is doing.

And there you have it.

Perfect summation of all that is SWFC !! lol

chansiri out !!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, victorturner said:

There was a guy on here when DM first came who had SWFC links..a parent was involved in running Wise Old Owls. He said DM was rigid about his preferred system, he played players out of position and he had favourites. He wrote the script for us..

We are monumentally screwed. lol

10 hours ago, Jim said:

Only way we’ll change from 3 at the back is if we have enough fit orthodox centre-backs to play in a flat back four or bring in one or two this window?

Moore`s ineptness f***ed us from the start.

4-2-3-1 is a very difficult formation to get right....particularly in League 1 as it requires specific skill sets.

You need at least two strikers who are comfortable at playing the lone striker role.........and must be capable of scoring 15 - 20 goals a season in that role.

You need wide attacking players who have the nous to know when to get chalk on their heels and when to support the main striker,,, and must also chip in with 10 goals each minimum.

You need a genuine number 10 who is technically gifted...AND a bona fide goal scoring threat.

Now think about our squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

The three at the back has nothing to do with defenders.

It's to keep a three man central midfield and two up front as Gregory can't play alone.

Without a massive midfield shakeup, as long as he's the primary striker the formation stays.

Monk came to that conclusion too ….and got fired

Pulis changed it to a back four, it got worse….he got fired.

Lets face it our midfield needs protection because it’s not been good enough for the last three seasons.

14 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Now, without distracting from the fact that DM and his tactics appear to be totally mentalist at best.

And taking into account the club appears to be broken.

Why are wolves telling us how to play?

Football just gets weirder.

Weird thing is some fans are happy for that to happen and criticising Moore for not playing the way that wolves tell us to play in order to benefit one loan player.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

The three at the back has nothing to do with defenders.

It's to keep a three man central midfield and two up front as Gregory can't play alone.

Without a massive midfield shakeup, as long as he's the primary striker the formation stays.

4 4 2

We can't play 3 at the back without Cb's.

We can't play 1 up front because of Gregory

We can't play 2 in the middle because of Bannan.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I think for wolves it was quite simple... they said so in review.... he played well and was one of your best players when he did play.... and yet you hardly played him..... Thank you Darren.... Yeah that makes perfect sense..... (who decided to send him here, sack them immediately) Darren we will get back to you.... (find another club for him NOW!!!)

30 minutes ago, markg said:

Weird thing is some fans are happy for that to happen and criticising Moore for not playing the way that wolves tell us to play in order to benefit one loan player.

I think if you look at the posts in this thread, you'll see it goes a lot deeper than this. Added to this, it was DM who brought Theo in the first place - why, if you didn't intend to play him in a position/formation that suited him? It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, including DM, that Wolves have pulled Theo and want him at a club who play a system that suits Theo. We'll see how that pans out.

Of course this is DM's prerogative, and ultimately he will will be judged by results. I don't mind what he does, providing it's consistent, and he brings in players to suit. As many in this thread have stated, that's clearly not been the case. 

39 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think if you look at the posts in this thread, you'll see it goes a lot deeper than this. Added to this, it was DM who brought Theo in the first place - why, if you didn't intend to play him in a position/formation that suited him? It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, including DM, that Wolves have pulled Theo and want him at a club who play a system that suits Theo. We'll see how that pans out.

Of course this is DM's prerogative, and ultimately he will will be judged by results. I don't mind what he does, providing it's consistent, and he brings in players to suit. As many in this thread have stated, that's clearly not been the case. 

I do agree with you that it was a bit strange that he brought him in but we did play better and pick up better results when we changed formation . I don’t blame DM for sticking with it at the expense of Theo .

Guest 123adam789
11 hours ago, victorturner said:

….telling us how to use their player..

If the tables were turned. If we loaned one of our decent players and they hardly played him or played him out of position, I think we would have something to say. Wolves did absolutely right in recalling him. I can't see what the argument is against Wolves. He was being wasted here 

I don’t really object on any deep level to any particular formation. The big problem we have is how we play it. Specifically that we play it badly. Playing three CBs when you don’t have enough CBs is pretty bizarre really. Maybe we should have just stuck to the initial formation and tried to get the two supporting attackers closer to Gregory? Then we might have got some use out of Theo…

• Like 2

He does seem very focused on proving his ability to play a system that’s suited to top rate premier league players - perhaps the motivation is the next job ?

Whatever, System-M isn’t working & is not how teams get promoted from the third tier & using the analogy earlier in this thread we haven’t the resources to bin all the beef & buy in the chicken.

DM won’t be winnIng master chef let alone promotion nor proving his coaching ability if he continues to serve up more of the same & blindly ignore players’  strengths & talents as he’s so clearly done with Theo…

We should never build a team, formation or play style around a loanee, don’t care if it’s Messi. If Wolves don’t fancy us (and who would at the minute) then fine - their player, their prerogative.

I bet it’s got more to do with our baffling and borderline sinister injury stats.

Edited by Mr. Tom

I prefer 2 upfront over 2 wide forwards 

With 4-4-2 being banned from modern football, it looks like a choice between 3 at the back, or 4-2-3-1 

With 4-2-3-1, its too easy for wide forwards to avoid responsibility & leave the forward isolated... Especially when a right footer is on the left & vice versa 

It would be nice to have a couple of players cutting in, Henry style. But how often do you find that quality for free, in League1? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

That's what Wolves said

Now.... think about this...

Apparently Darren Moore went for a meeting with Wolves very recently to discuss stuff and Theo etc and apparently it was all very friendly and constructive

But he came away from the meeting, then Wolves and Theo decided SWFC wasn't for them and Theo decided to move onto MK Dons

Ok - so far so straight forward

But look at what Matt Jackson has said here again and you'll see my point "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

So....

You can only conclude the meeting at Wolves included a discussion about the formation being played at SWFC and that Darren Moore must have told Wolves and probably even Theo on a separate occasion that the formation was here to stay and he wont' be budging from it

No club discusses formation of the club when pulling a player away from it so it must have been a significant factor in the decision

And it can only be a significant factor in the decision if Wolves/Theo have asked Darren Moore "Are you going to persist with this formation/style? If so we can't be having Theo playing there" and been met with 'Yeah I'm gonna stick with it so can't guarantee Theo will be in this natural position'

There can't be any other scenario here can there?

Wolves have specifically pointed to the formation and that can only be something you'd do and decide on if you'd been told that the formation was here to stay?

So....

To conclude it's my conclusion that I've concluded that Darren Moore has decided to stick with this formation, this style and this way of playing for the rest of the season.

I rest my case your honour

CraftyRightBudgie-size_restricted.gif

So, we change the 'Style' to meet every Young Loanee we sign, is that it?.
Poster's on here have called for a style/Philosophy at the club for Year's, weather Moore proven right or not, he is TRYING to bring a playing Philosophy to the club.

The last time we did that was between 1976 - 86, in my opinion our most consistently successful era in the last 45 years.

Will Moore succeed? I don't know, but after the last 35 years of Boom and Bust, more Bust than Boom, I hope so.

Where as we have changed style every time we have changed the manager