Surely Darren Moore must be planning on keeping this formation/style?

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

That's what Wolves said

Now.... think about this...

Apparently Darren Moore went for a meeting with Wolves very recently to discuss stuff and Theo etc and apparently it was all very friendly and constructive

But he came away from the meeting, then Wolves and Theo decided SWFC wasn't for them and Theo decided to move onto MK Dons

Ok - so far so straight forward

But look at what Matt Jackson has said here again and you'll see my point "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

So....

You can only conclude the meeting at Wolves included a discussion about the formation being played at SWFC and that Darren Moore must have told Wolves and probably even Theo on a separate occasion that the formation was here to stay and he wont' be budging from it

No club discusses formation of the club when pulling a player away from it so it must have been a significant factor in the decision

And it can only be a significant factor in the decision if Wolves/Theo have asked Darren Moore "Are you going to persist with this formation/style? If so we can't be having Theo playing there" and been met with 'Yeah I'm gonna stick with it so can't guarantee Theo will be in this natural position'

There can't be any other scenario here can there?

Wolves have specifically pointed to the formation and that can only be something you'd do and decide on if you'd been told that the formation was here to stay?

So....

To conclude it's my conclusion that I've concluded that Darren Moore has decided to stick with this formation, this style and this way of playing for the rest of the season.

I rest my case your honour

CraftyRightBudgie-size_restricted.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Now, without distracting from the fact that DM and his tactics appear to be totally mentalist at best.

And taking into account the club appears to be broken.

Why are wolves telling us how to play?

Football just gets weirder.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

I believe there is every possiblity that Darren Moore attended that meeting wearing one of those amusing hats with a propeller on top. I think he spent the entire meeting with a dead pan face, saying "what? Why do you keep looking at me like that. Do I have something on my face?". 

It was a flawless excersise in distraction and time wasting.

I suggest that occupied the majority of the meeting and there was no constructive conversation to speak of. 

Just Darren Moore. With his propeller hat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest 123adam789
19 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

So to conclude - we’re fvcked

I think you have eloquently put that about right. Reduce the war and peace describing it then that's fine. 'Fvcked' I think woukd have sufficed. 

22 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Now, without distracting from the fact that DM and his tactics appear to be totally mentalist at best.

And taking into account the club appears to be broken.

They're not

They're simply saying "oh... you're gonna play like THAT??? Okayyyyy then.... Come on Theo - let's get outta here"

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

I watched Man U v Wolves the other evening just to see how Bruno Lage had them playing.

It was an eye opener. They repeatedly took M. U. apart in spite of only winning 1-0.

I wouldn’t say it was the formation as much as the philosophy at work at Wolves. Their sole intention when they won possession was to have two or three men sprinting forward. They didn’t have wingers as such just a fluid system where their attacking players were comfortable out wide or through the centre. They played with energy and pace throughout, missed loads of chances but never gave up piling forward when they had chance.

If only we ever had a chance of getting a top class coach at Hillsborough….Oh hang on a minute.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Only way we’ll change from 3 at the back is if we have enough fit orthodox centre-backs to play in a flat back four or bring in one or two this window?

The three at the back has nothing to do with defenders.

It's to keep a three man central midfield and two up front as Gregory can't play alone.

Without a massive midfield shakeup, as long as he's the primary striker the formation stays.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

They are a bit better than us with a manager who's a lot better than ours and a chairman/board who are light years better than ours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

That's what Wolves said

Now.... think about this...

Apparently Darren Moore went for a meeting with Wolves very recently to discuss stuff and Theo etc and apparently it was all very friendly and constructive

But he came away from the meeting, then Wolves and Theo decided SWFC wasn't for them and Theo decided to move onto MK Dons

Ok - so far so straight forward

But look at what Matt Jackson has said here again and you'll see my point "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

So....

You can only conclude the meeting at Wolves included a discussion about the formation being played at SWFC and that Darren Moore must have told Wolves and probably even Theo on a separate occasion that the formation was here to stay and he wont' be budging from it

No club discusses formation of the club when pulling a player away from it so it must have been a significant factor in the decision

And it can only be a significant factor in the decision if Wolves/Theo have asked Darren Moore "Are you going to persist with this formation/style? If so we can't be having Theo playing there" and been met with 'Yeah I'm gonna stick with it so can't guarantee Theo will be in this natural position'

There can't be any other scenario here can there?

Wolves have specifically pointed to the formation and that can only be something you'd do and decide on if you'd been told that the formation was here to stay?

So....

To conclude it's my conclusion that I've concluded that Darren Moore has decided to stick with this formation, this style and this way of playing for the rest of the season.

I rest my case your honour

CraftyRightBudgie-size_restricted.gif

...and one more thing

Statisticaly and probably almost certainly🤔 we will only win 3 of the next 10 games...an outside chance of 4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I believe there is every possiblity that Darren Moore attended that meeting wearing one of those amusing hats with a propeller on top. I think he spent the entire meeting with a dead pan face, saying "what? Why do you keep looking at me like that. Do I have something on my face?". 

It was a flawless excersise in distraction and time wasting.

I suggest that occupied the majority of the meeting and there was no constructive conversation to speak of. 

Just Darren Moore. With his propeller hat. 

An amusing hat and a 2hatting red nose and turned shoes