SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY

5 minutes ago, tonyem said:

Weve had more managers than heads on Easter Island.

May I humbly suggest he givea the whole shebang away to Sheffield FC next Wednesday, so they can call it Sheffield-FC-Wednesday-FC, and Start again from the bottom?

To be fair, we're on schedule to converge with Sheffield FC about 2027 at this rate...

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:
  • Covid Nation
  • Idolation 
  • Isolation
  • Vaccination
  • Hybernation
  • Indignation
  • consternation
  • Procasternation
  • Obligation
  • Defecation
  • Generation 

Choose from the GM excuse Bag !

I'm trying to work out whether to use Mark E Smith's or John Lydon's voice in which to read this out. It might be a Fall lyric, actually...

That was embarrassing. DM needs to walk now. Most of the player's did not look interested. Defense all over the place and Moore does not do anything to change it. Why anyone is surprised with the result and performance I don't know. This was a bad result, but we have played a lot of cr-p this season also at the end of last season. Moore took us down and he had the chance to keep us up. But he is not good enough. Tactical no idea, rubbish subs. He needs to go. But will he, I don't think so.uto

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tonyem said:

Weve had more managers than heads on Easter Island.

May I humbly suggest he givea the whole shebang away to Sheffield FC next Wednesday, so they can call it Sheffield-FC-Wednesday-FC, and Start again from the bottom?

And get Man City-type investment and global support to boot. Weren’t the Ayrabs going to do that for Notts County?

4 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

They had Linden Gooch 

Looks like  we had Graham Gooch...

I wish - tonight, we had Mark Lathwell.

More Guiche than Gooch tonight.

• Like 1

Dear Sir

If I were you I'd stick to commenting on issues of a footballing nature

You sound like a partisan fool lecturing about subjects other than your sphere of so called expertise 

On 30/12/2021 at 00:25, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.3de7a1486fcec72f2aec9af873e2eced.png

"Oh, you're back Stubbs. I thought you'd be a bit later than this. Bit early home for a presentation night isn't it. I thought it would be going on well into the early hours. It's not often the village gets to celebrate a sporting success. I thought you and the chaps would be out for a nice meal and a decent drink"

"I did too, Sir. But alas. There was no presentation night."

"No presentation night!! After beating the Miners Helmet to the Darts and Dominoes League title for the first time in 15 years"

"No, Sir"

"Well, why on Earth not?"

"Because all my team mates are dead,Sir."

"Dead?"

"Yes, Sir. Dead."

"What do you mean, Dead?"

"As in. No more. Sir."

"But how?!"

"It appears they caught Covid sir. During last weeks final League fixture"

"But how? Mrs Vulcan at the Beevers Teeth runs a tight ship. Doorman and everything. There's not a safer building in the town. Perfect neutral venue."

"Indeed so, Sir.  Infact they were asking for proof of a negative test on the door. That's why we were without old Double Top Ted. Had to bring young Hawkins in as a late replacement. "

"Safe as houses then"

"So we thought ,Sir. But what couldn't be accounted for, but which we subsequently discovered, was that  a group of lads who usually drink in the Cretins Arms, who turned up for a session had done so with falsified tests."

"Falsified tests? But why on Earth would anyone do that Stubbs! After all we've been through?"

"Because there's some absolute morons out there, Sir who don't mind if they risk other peoples lives as long as they can get some ale down their neck and do a line or two off the toilet cisterns. After all. No one can tell them what to do and stand in the way of them having a laugh." 

"My word. What a stain on humanity"

"Indeed, Sir. Indeed"

SUNDERLAND

-V-

WEDNESDAY

image.png.fef2fb90b51b293bffb5077d0ba1905d.png

7:45pm

Thursday 30th December 2021.

Stadium of Light.

SUNDERLAND

Despite having an outbreak of Covid in the camp Sunderland are only missing a couple of squad players for the game and look likely to be able to put out a similar side to the one that dismantled Doncaster Rovers at the weekend. 

If anything the Black Cats maybe boosted by the return of Carl Winchester who missed the Rovers game with a calf problem.

image.png.65873af68605d2812e27b15730f9367e.png

WEDNESDAY

With zero news coming out of Hillsborough it's anyones guess how the Owls will line up.  The manager admitted on Christmas week that there were just seven players in training some days last week. Who they were remains a mystery , as does the likely starting XI.

image.png.2655506316be55bf577bef2497e75161.png

FORM  TABLE

Only Portsmouth , whose only dropped points were against 10 man Wednesday in  a battling 0-0, are in better form than Sunderland over the last month. 

Wednesday however boast the longest unbeaten record in the football League. 

image.png.5b3bcf8b8d5a6f3680bbe19d65a53214.png