Contracts expiring - who stays and who goes?

According to the Star, we have 11 players out of contract at the end of the season. Who would you keep and who would you release?

1. Wildsmith - release
2. Brennan - keep, 2-3 year deal
3. Dunkley - keep, 1 year with an extension 
4. Hutchinson - keep, but only as a player-coach if he wants it
5. Jack Hunt - keep, 1 year
6. Waldock - release
7. Alex Hunt - keep, 2-3 year deal
8. Luongo - keep for another year, unless he gets injured again
9. Paterson - undecided, top man who does a job wherever he’s asked but he’ll be on decent money and could it be used better elsewhere?
10. Adedoyin - keep, 1 year deal with an extension and send him on loan to see what he can do
11. Berahino - release

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

All depends on if we go up or not really. If we go up I’d like to think we could keep Luongo. If not he’ll be off for sure. As for the rest I’d keep Dunkley, Brennan and Paterson regardless of the division. If we don’t go up I’d keep Jack Hunt for another year and probably Alex Hunt as well. 

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

All depends on if we go up or not really. If we go up I’d like to think we could keep Luongo. If not he’ll be off for sure. As for the rest I’d keep Dunkley, Brennan and Paterson regardless of the division. If we don’t go up I’d keep Jack Hunt for another year and probably Alex Hunt as well. 

The thing is, after this 3 game suspension, he will have missed something like 19 games this season. If we keep him, it has to be on reduced wages, because his game return since he arrived has been absolutely shocking and i'm sure we can pick up just as good a player that is younger and less likely to have such an extensive injury record.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Keep

Brennan 

Dunkley
Jack Hunt - think we have option to extend
Waldock/A Hunt. One of them
Paterson
Adedoyin - needs a loan this season

Release
Berahino

Wildsmith

Hutchinson

Luongo (unless he plays rest of season with no injuries) 

One of Hunt/Waldock

58 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

A few people seem not bothered if Patterson went which amazes me. 

Paterson will always give nothing less than 100% on the pitch and he comes across as one of the most likeable players we’ve had in a long while, but he’ll be on a decent wage and you wonder if we could use that money elsewhere more effectively. I’d be happy for him to stay though, if the deal is right

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beswetherick said:

According to the Star, we have 11 players out of contract at the end of the season. Who would you keep and who would you release?

1. Wildsmith - release
6. Waldock - release
9. Paterson - undecided, top man who does a job wherever he’s asked but he’ll be on decent money and could it be used better elsewhere?
10. Adedoyin - keep, 1 year deal with an extension and send him on loan to see what he can do
11. Berahino - release

Agree with all of that.

4 hours ago, 0742 said:

The thing is, after this 3 game suspension, he will have missed something like 19 games this season. If we keep him, it has to be on reduced wages, because his game return since he arrived has been absolutely shocking and i'm sure we can pick up just as good a player that is younger and less likely to have such an extensive injury record.

Really? You’re sure? Not a chance we will get as good a player as Luongo. I do understand what you’re saying about his injury record though.

• Like 2

Luongo’s a tricky one. Red card aside, he’s been very good since coming back from injury and we’ve looked much better as a team for his return.

But… his injury record can’t be ignored, and he’ll be on a decent wedge too. If he gets another injury which keeps him out for a while between now and the end of the season then it’s thanks and goodbye for me - it’d be a shame to lose a player of his quality but he’s no good to us on the treatment table

7 hours ago, beswetherick said:

1. Wildsmith - release
6. Waldock - release
11. Berahino - release

I agree except Luongo, been injured for 14 of 20 games this season now suspended for probably 3 more. Last season played just 12 out of 46 games.

we need rid of crocks, we need players who can play 40+ games a season not break after a dozen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0742 said:

Your probably right. I suspect it’s academic anyway as I expect to see him on a plane to Oz once his contract runs out.