Contracts expiring - who stays and who goes?

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I agree except Luongo, been injured for 14 of 20 games this season now suspended for probably 3 more. Last season played just 12 out of 46 games.

we need rid of crocks, we need players who can play 40+ games a season not break after a dozen.

Yeah I think you’re right, my judgement is maybe clouded a bit by how good he’s been since he came back. The ideal scenario would be getting 40+ games a season out of him but that doesn’t seem likely 

1. Wildsmith - release

2. Brennan - keep

3. Dunkley - keep

4. Hutchinson - didn't he sign an extension?

5. Jack Hunt - keep

6. Waldock - release

7. Alex Hunt - worth another look and won't be expensive, if not just to protect any resale value

8. Luongo - depends if he stays fit

9. Paterson - depends what value the manager puts on squad players, not cheap I wouldn't think

10. Adedoyin - release, not done enough and missed lots due to injuries

11. Berahino - release 

Edited by striker

17 hours ago, stuben said:

Release Loungo, not value for money. I'm not disputing he is not a good player, but in his time here , he has not been on the pitch nowhere enough for a new deal.

I'd agree with that, maybe offer the lad waldock another year, see if he can kick on if we're still in this division as he's still young enough and would be a cheap option. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

A few people seem not bothered if Patterson went which amazes me. 

Aye,

Paterson has approached every game professionally every minute he is on the pitch.

One of our most versatile players who can put a shift in in every third.

Brave as they come, one of the few who stays fit and gets stuck in.

Just what we need in a League 1 team.

As Sargeant Wilko always said 'you will always go further with a team of consistent 7/10 players than a team full of 9/10s once every 5 games'

20 hours ago, beswetherick said:

According to the Star, we have 11 players out of contract at the end of the season. Who would you keep and who would you release?

1. Wildsmith - release
2. Brennan - keep, 2-3 year deal
3. Dunkley - keep, 1 year with an extension 
4. Hutchinson - keep, but only as a player-coach if he wants it
5. Jack Hunt - keep, 1 year
6. Waldock - release
7. Alex Hunt - keep, 2-3 year deal
8. Luongo - keep for another year, unless he gets injured again
9. Paterson - undecided, top man who does a job wherever he’s asked but he’ll be on decent money and could it be used better elsewhere?
10. Adedoyin - keep, 1 year deal with an extension and send him on loan to see what he can do
11. Berahino - release

Wouldn't bust a gut to keep any of them

19 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think for some unfathomable reason Hutchinson has already been given a contract extension beyond end of the season.

Think we're keeping him because he's such a positive influence in the dressing room.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

moore ......"sorry hutch we are releasing you but if you want you can stay as player /coach".......thats mind boggling 

I’d give him a year to get experience of coaching and to cover the odd game as a squad player if his fitness allows, before having him as part of the backroom staff full time. Seems a shame to lose someone of his experience and calibre who loves the club and wants to get in to coaching

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pato's utility and team playing is underrated, can play 4 positions at a decent level so will be cheaper than 4 decent players!

Dunkley & luongo 1-2yrs, brennan 3yrs not too bothered about the rest including hunt who is 31 now

Widsmith    -    Release 

Brennan    -    2 year deal

Dunkley    -    Extend for a year

Hutchinson    -    Release reluctantly

Jack Hunt    -     Release if promoted , extend for a year if not

Waldock    -     Loan him out in January and see how he fares

Alex Hunt    -    Get him back in January and see how he fares

Luongo    -    Release reluctantly

Paterson    -    Difficult one to call , again depends what division we are in next year

Adedoyin    -    Release

Berahino    -    Release unless there is a miraculous upturn in form

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes in good form at the moment but very injury prone as last season showed.

Over 30 by time next season starts, move him on for me.

Crazy! Sorry I just can’t approve of that. He had a broken leg which is not the same as being injury prone. 

• Like 1

Widsmith    -    No point keeping both him and Dawson and Cam is contracted for next season

Brennan    -    Keep as a cheap and capable back up player who might further improve

Dunkley    -    Deserves new one year deal

Hutchinson    -    Unreliable, let go

Jack Hunt    -     Decent right back option, but is there point keeping both him and Palmer ?! Unsure.

Waldock    -     See Brennan

Alex Hunt    -    Would let him go and look for better prospects elsewhere.

Luongo    -    Definitely release. Good player, but he is never available and is on very good wages.

Paterson    -    Versatile, but didn't really impress in any role and like Luongo on big wages. Unsure, but closer to releasing.

Adedoyin    -    On paper he got all that is needed to make a decent player, than again did little to deserve new contract.

Berahino    -    Chase out of the club with a gun.

• Thanks 1