What happened in the North stand?

8 minutes ago, The coach said:

So what happened then..I know they wer scrappin but did somebody get knocked out..thus the need for paramedics??

no one was knocked out. Didn’t see a punch thrown that was capable of knocking someone out. One of the little shïts got pushed down 2 rows, then was jumped on by one of the others. It was completely pathetic.

it went on for at least few minutes before a steward even made it up the stairs - it’s a good job no one was seriously injured or there was a medical emergency. Worrying if that’s their response time.

lets hope they’re all caught and given banning orders. Embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, eckington owl said:

no one was knocked out. Didn’t see a punch thrown that was capable of knocking someone out. One of the little shïts got pushed down 2 rows, then was jumped on by one of the others. It was completely pathetic.

it went on for at least few minutes before a steward even made it up the stairs - it’s a good job no one was seriously injured or there was a medical emergency. Worrying if that’s their response time.

lets hope they’re all caught and given banning orders. Embarrassing. 

It’s probably more dangerous to fall down two rows of stairs and risk falling and banging your head than it is to get hit square in the face by an 11 stone 15 year old 

15 minutes ago, debram said:

cause stewards dont want to get bashed for a couple of hours paid minimum wage i guess.

I wasn't suggesting the stewards broke up the fight.

I was questioning the lack of ability to communicate potentially serious incidents at a public event attended by 1000s of people.

• Like 3

We have CCTV on the crowd dont we? So identify those responsible and ban them.

******** jumped up oxygen thiefs.. probably be the same scrotes we saw at Accrington, failing to handle their shandy anr arguing with the coppers.

When the whole ground (including players & officials) and media is thinking Eriksen/the NUFC fan, we have at least two scrubbers embarrassing us as a fan base.

Absolutely embarrassing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

So true. Belligerence over nothing causes so much of this nonsense. Both my sons do martial arts and never get into any trouble at all because they have self control and know the damage that can be done when things get out of hand. Just back down a bit now and again and save a lot of stupidity and harm. 

Can't be very good at it then 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m trying to imagine summoning enough rage to beat someone up because they moaned about one of the footballers on our team. It’s bloody ridiculous. I have teenage boys and I do council them to keep their gobs shut as you never know what kind of Psycho might take offence but you can’t condone this kind of absolute craziness. The perpetrators need locking up and lifetime bans.  

^^^ This 100%

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

If we go up by a point then give them both life membership. We were crap before second to every ball, after we were a good team. WELL DONE TO MOORE for turnaround.

Fights happen, unfortunately in these times everything gets blown out of proportion. 

Have a big exactamondo on me...it did us a favour...and people screaming ‘ban em for life’ are just bizzare tbh

1 hour ago, debram said:

cause stewards dont want to get bashed for a couple of hours paid minimum wage i guess.

They aren't bouncers. Just ordinary people doing a part time job not expecting to separate a punch up in a stand containing same "supporters". 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1867tons said:

About ten feet away from where I was sat. Fans scrapping with each other for a good while.   Fans nearby called for stewards, those further away from it joined in and 2 + 2 made 5. Whether anyone was injured as a result of the scrapping I don’t know. 

This. I was Sat just in front to the left. 

Whole episode was embarrassing 

What training do stewards have these days? When was the last ‘emergency’ drill? Most of us will remember the infamous Mr Meadows and times when there was a stoppage in play all seated stewards were required to stand and face the crowd.  Post Mr Meadows there was a similar drill when something like an amber ‘steward’ was required and an amber light flashed on the control room. When did this last happen? Don’t get me wrong, stewards are there for a reason but are they given the right training and knowledge of what to do in certain situations or are they just told to stand there?

• Like 1

I'm sure the EFL will be drawing up their own conclusions as we speak.

We haven't given them an excuse to come after us for a while so I'll be they're over the moon about this! 

But in all seriousness, people shouldn't be getting jumped because they hold a different opinion to you. Just grow up for God's sake.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, barn_owl said:

What training do stewards have these days? When was the last ‘emergency’ drill? Most of us will remember the infamous Mr Meadows and times when there was a stoppage in play all seated stewards were required to stand and face the crowd.  Post Mr Meadows there was a similar drill when something like an amber ‘steward’ was required and an amber light flashed on the control room. When did this last happen? Don’t get me wrong, stewards are there for a reason but are they given the right training and knowledge of what to do in certain situations or are they just told to stand there?

I do agree with you.

However I think the important point you make isn't about the Stewards themselves but about their training and the system they are working in.

What are the procedures and protocols for an incident in the crowd, who takes control, how is it communicated etc. etc.

Unless of course page 7 of the crowd safety policy says, 'In the event of the incident wait for the crowd to start waving towards the referee....'

In which case, good job everyone.

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

What are stewards genuinely paid to do, like when that nob ran onto the pitch against Bolton and just stood on the goal line for 2 mins. Not a single steward could be arsed to do anything. 

They don't get paid enough to potentially get twatted. That's the police job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2