What happened in the North stand?

2 hours ago, 1867tons said:

About ten feet away from where I was sat. Fans scrapping with each other for a good while.   Fans nearby called for stewards, those further away from it joined in and 2 + 2 made 5. Whether anyone was injured as a result of the scrapping I don’t know. 

Wasn't as near as 10 feet probably 10 yards away but this is pretty much how I saw it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

There's a worrying lack of communication highlighted by this.

Why does it takes the crowd to wave at the ref to bring help / support.

Where are the walkie talkies? What's 'stadium control' doing?

This, 100% should have been communicated that it wasn't necessary to stop the game and walk off the pitch. Imagine if a 'major' event occurred god forbid. Communication was terrible. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It can start off quite innocuous and people can find it hard to back down, then it escalates. Most fights start that way rather than someone going with the intention of beating someone up for no reason

So true. Belligerence over nothing causes so much of this nonsense. Both my sons do martial arts and never get into any trouble at all because they have self control and know the damage that can be done when things get out of hand. Just back down a bit now and again and save a lot of stupidity and harm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

So true. Belligerence over nothing causes so much of this nonsense. Both my sons do martial arts and never get into any trouble at all because they have self control and know the damage that can be done when things get out of hand. Just back down a bit now and again and save a lot of stupidity and harm. 

How do you know your sons don’t get into trouble? Are you with them 24/7?..Do they tell you everything they do.?

33 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

From someone sat weeeeey too close to a lot of bell ends; one lad got absolutely pummelled… as in stamping on the head type pummelled. It started because the pummellee slagged bannan off, and the pummelller took offence to it. Things spiralled. Then, as someone was injured, Chinese whispers resulted in the front of the north stand appealing for attention for someone who had taken seriously ill. Very embarrassing! Very!!!

Just goes to show that serious stuff can be caused by really tiny things.

8 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

cause stewards dont want to get bashed for a couple of hours paid minimum wage i guess.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, The coach said:

So what happened then..I know they wer scrappin but did somebody get knocked out..thus the need for paramedics??

I sit on end of a row and saw paramedics run up but didn't see anyone being carried out.

I stand to be correct but just think it was  few numpties swinging a few punches and some people further down North Stand getting hold of wrong end of the stick and thinking it was a medical problem.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I sit on end of a row and saw paramedics run up but didn't see anyone being carried out.

I stand to be correct but just think it was  few numpties swinging a few punches and some people further down North Stand getting hold of wrong end of the stick and thinking it was a medical problem.

Ok cheers

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

If true that's ridiculous that the game was stopped for that, this is going to be a regular thing every game now all over the country if you stop it for a few numpties. 

sorry if this has been asked before, Just catching up. With everything that's been going on recently, stopping the game should be normal? 

• Like 1

Just now, 2soon said:

sorry if this has been asked before, Just catching up. With everything that's been going on recently, stopping the game should be normal? 

I've just tuned into the fact that a fair few games have stopped recently since the Eriksen event for 'medical emergencies'. There was one in the Championship the other month and also an FA Cup game live on TV that stopped recently. Never seen it happen much until last few months. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
12 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I think the walkie talkies are still in the cupboard in 1985. 

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I've just tuned into the fact that a fair few games have stopped recently since the Eriksen event for 'medical emergencies'. There was one in the Championship the other month and also an FA Cup game live on TV that stopped recently. Never seen it happen much until last few months. 

Newcastle Spurs I think too the other month

9 minutes ago, The coach said:

How do you know your sons don’t get into trouble? Are you with them 24/7?..Do they tell you everything they do.?

Yes they tell me everything they do, good and bad. And getting into altercations isn’t one of them. Plus no one either wins or loses a fight without at least some physical mark being left. I’d know. 

56 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Hope your nose is on the mend 83owl, 

lay off the sniff before games though pal and never slag Barry Bannan off on the north Stand. 😉

All I did was call him a bald hobbit.

Don’t know why they got so upset.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

From someone sat weeeeey too close to a lot of bell ends; one lad got absolutely pummelled… as in stamping on the head type pummelled. It started because the pummellee slagged bannan off, and the pummelller took offence to it. Things spiralled. Then, as someone was injured, Chinese whispers resulted in the front of the north stand appealing for attention for someone who had taken seriously ill. Very embarrassing! Very!!!

pummellee v pummelller

🤣