WEDNESDAY V HARROGATE TOWN ------ OMDT

22 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Win this game and we'll have a 7th home game in the space of a month.

Group winners are at home in the next round which takes place W/C 29th November. 

Do we know who we've got yet?

I mean, are the subsequent rounds already set out like they are in a world Cup or have we got more excitement of another cup draw to go through?

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Do we really want a matchday thread for this ridiculous competition?! Really? I mean, crikey it's a game we could well do without, in a competition we could do without, and we're already qualified for the next round anyway.  I mean, the entire thing is just a complete waste of time. Stubbs, I say Stubbs, are you even listening to me."

"Of course I am , Sir. In-between casually eating amazing mouthfuls of this lovely PAPA JOHNS PIZZA"

image.png.012bd99acfa905f306e70331e135c1a6.png

"You don't even like Pizza!"

" Most Pizza, no. But this ... PAPA JOHNS PIZZA..  something quite different. A taste sensation"

"A taste sensation? What are you on about man. You can't stand the stuff"

"Not at all Sir, I can't stand most pizza. But that was until I had a.... PAPA JOHNS PIZZA"

"Why are you talking like that.."

"Like what ,Sir?-"

"Hang on a minute. Are you the take here?"

"Me Sir, no Sir. I'm  just enjoying my supper. A Delicious PAPA JOHNS PIZZA."

image.png.e53c9dda70c850ed76fa62b4c48cb5d9.png

"I bloody knew it!"

"I don't know what you mean ,Sir. Is it a crime to want to share something good with your friends and colleagues?"

"Well...no, I don't suppose."

"And good doesn't come better ..... than PAPA JOHNS PIZZA -  you know what they say down at PAPA JOHNS PIZZA. Better Ingredients, Better Pizza!"

image.png.41a406fac52d3ae5736c69b54f8fb908.png

"You're an absolute disgrace man! Sold your soul for the dollar. Unbelievable! You give it the virtue all the time, but the first sign of a backhander or a freebie and your'e straight there.  It's makes me sick I tell you. 

There's Hargreaves Sat in his tower. Intrusting us to keep things ticking over. To keep the place respectable. And you do this . No! Don't protest. It's too late ,Stubbs. Too late. I've lost all respect for you. All respect. I thought you had more of a moral compass Stubbs,  than to ***** yourself so cheaply , to sully these pages where we have worked together all these years, and all for a few pieces of silver and a couple of paltry slices of pizza."

"Oh. I'm sorry ,Sir. I didn't realise you felt so strongly. You're quite right too.  I'll bin the lot! And I'll start by getting rid of the special one they made for you  ,Sir."

260876290pizza-animated-gif-49.gif.172895f668df0f776e5a562b1a4d7b11.gif

"Wait, wait, hang on. Now lets not be hasty here, eh. I mean to say, I am a bit peckish actually. And it doesn't do any harm really to give the competition it's own name does it! Crack on Stubbs. Crack on!"

"Very good, Sir"

WEDNESDAY

V

HARROGATE TOWN

image.png.27aac0189b9cea055b95e0cf413b171b.png

PAPA JOHNS TROPHY

KICK OFF 7pm

Hillsborough

The top two teams in Northern Group H of the EFL Trophy will lock horns on Tuesday evening, as Sheffield Wednesday welcome Harrogate Town to Hillsborough.

Wednesday and Harrogate have both collected six points from their two games in the group stage and have therefore already secured their position in the next round of the competition.

Despite some odd stipulations for the selection of teams , Wednesday are still expected to make a raft of changes for the fixture having got one eye on Saturdays important fixture against Gillingham. 

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

3-5-2

image.png.69037aebbe6c3eeb8d69923b8b179fa2.png

HARROGATE TOWN

4-3-3

image.png.23a5cc97d81175b9b9145339de9afcd4.png

giphy.gif

Brilliant LS.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What a stupid pointless game. Play as many of the young uns and reserves as possible. 

Calm ursen down, it’s a match against decent opposition that can be used to our advantage in blooding a few promising young players whilst also getting Luongo and Byers valuable minutes, and maybe even having a positive result !

Personally I look forward to any competitive game