WEDNESDAY V HARROGATE TOWN ------ OMDT

Guest mrbluesky
25 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Flattered is a certain word.

They had players who waltzed through our middle, from their own half to our penalty area, with ease on several occasions.   For a long time in the first half, it was a struggle to see which side was the 1st division side.

We scored 4.   Wow.

Yes we did have some youth on, some with little experience against hardened league players, but I struggle to see how that performance will galvanise us at all.

4 goals usually means a good win.   It was a win.

We had some good solid pros who have consistently played way above L1 level who just like they were at their level today.    Is it the players or is it the manager?  I'm not sure.   Today wasn't a good game of football for us, barring the scoreline.

Weaver looks like he is a far better manager than Moore on tonight's performance from both sides.

Totally agree, the team put out tonight played pretty much like the first 11 do.

4 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

We won 4-0 but it was still turgid tippy tappy crap. 

Just got back. This is so true. We had so much good fortune tonight. For 60 mins we were second best but we took our chances and they missed a hatful - thanks in part to Wildsmith.

That said, a win is a win and there were valuable minutes for some out there tonight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

By "this team" I'm getting at the squad as a whole and not just tonight, I'm not daft enough to think players are going to drop in seamlessly, not one player was confident tonight or through this season so far, to pick a player out, it's a punt forward, hence we were stuck in our half for the first half, it's plainly bloody obvious when we play that we don't link up through the thirds, we are more often than not facing the wrong way, hence the sideways/backwards.

I'm immensely patient with Moore, but this is happening week in week out, and I can't see any chinks of light, sometimes it feels like we are flogging a dead horse.

I can't agree on your point about not one player having confidence. 

Wildsmith had a great game and made some key saves. 

Sow for his goal carried the ball into the area and wasn't afraid to take a shot from a difficult angle with several defenders in front of him.

Young Korede stepped up to take a penalty when there were other seasoned pro's on the pitch.

Players that don't have confidence don't do those things.

At the end of the day, the scoreline is the only thing that matters. 10 changes and a 4-0 scoreline. 

Onto the weekend now!

The most important game of the week is Gillingham on Saturday. If we can win that then things start to look healthier.

Personally I don’t have a problem with how Moore is going about things. This job is bigger and more difficult than a lot of fans realise and the problems aren’t going to be fixed in one season but while things aren’t brilliant, if you can keep picking up results then it’s a bonus and some fans might not realise it but we arguably are?

Yes there have been a lot of draws but they’re better than defeats and a couple have been earned from losing positions which isn’t common for us. See where we are at the halfway stage, we all might be pleasantly surprised?

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

I can't agree on your point about not one player having confidence. 

Wildsmith had a great game and made some key saves. 

Sow for his goal carried the ball into the area and wasn't afraid to take a shot from a difficult angle with several defenders in front of him.

Young Korede stepped up to take a penalty when there were other seasoned pro's on the pitch.

Players that don't have confidence don't do those things.

At the end of the day, the scoreline is the only thing that matters. 10 changes and a 4-0 scoreline. 

Onto the weekend now!

I'm not sure if you are being serious here,  the first part 😀, and the scoreline clouds your judgement, the evidence was all there to see (again) last night.

Look back on ALL our games this season, look at last night's TEAM performance, a team that has played 16 times this season v the team that played last night, the difference? Not a great deal if you look

I really hope Moore proves me wrong, let's see.

7 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

I'm not sure if you are being serious here,  the first part 😀, and the scoreline clouds your judgement, the evidence was all there to see (again) last night.

Look back on ALL our games this season, look at last night's TEAM performance, a team that has played 16 times this season v the team that played last night, the difference? Not a great deal if you look

I really hope Moore proves me wrong, let's see.

So you don't think Wildsmith had a good game then? 

I'm not saying it was a perfect performance by all means, but I don't think its worth wetting the bed over.

We've had some good performances as of late and I hope it carries on.

Guest mrbluesky
27 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

So you don't think Wildsmith had a good game then? 

I'm not saying it was a perfect performance by all means, but I don't think its worth wetting the bed over.

We've had some good performances as of late and I hope it carries on.

So just Wildsmith, interesting you pick the goalkeeper for praise, no bed-wetting here 🙄, what performances "of late" are we talking here? 

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

So just Wildsmith, interesting you pick the goalkeeper for praise, no bed-wetting here 🙄, what performances "of late" are we talking here? 

I mentioned several players but you took aim at the wildsmith mention.

And I'm referring to the matches against Sunderland and Plymouth, too sides chasing promotion. We changed our play style and we had some good passages of play. 

If we keep playing like that, we'll have no problem moving up the league. 

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
19 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I mentioned several players but you took aim at the wildsmith mention.

And I'm referring to the matches against Sunderland and Plymouth, too sides chasing promotion. We changed our play style and we had some good passages of play. 

If we keep playing like that, we'll have no problem moving up the league. 

Took aim at Wildsmith, really? , Sunderland, we played well, Plymouth, you may want to go back and watch that game, that's a big "if" after 16 plus games, I admire your positivity.

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Took aim at Wildsmith, really? , Sunderland, we played well, Plymouth, you may want to go back and watch that game, that's a big "if" after 16 plus games, I admire your positivity.

I watched the Plymouth game. They rarely threatened and we looked the most likely to win. 

No need to be so negative about it.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I watched the Plymouth game. They rarely threatened and we looked the most likely to win. 

No need to be so negative about it.

We didn't win, it was a lacklustre draw, Plymouth thumped us at their place, I'm really trying to be positive, here.   lol

And still the times Wildsmith rolled it to defenders, we got closed down & mistakes yet Moore insists this is the way to play.  Even teams who are half good at it would struggle at times against fit hungry players closing yer down fast yet Moore carries on despite our best performance of season being more direct.. Yet still he persists. 

Guest mrbluesky
15 hours ago, S1Owl said:

And still the times Wildsmith rolled it to defenders, we got closed down & mistakes yet Moore insists this is the way to play.  Even teams who are half good at it would struggle at times against fit hungry players closing yer down fast yet Moore carries on despite our best performance of season being more direct.. Yet still he persists. 

I get playing out from the back is a work in progress, but we are 16 games in, we are so bloody static, watch, most of the time the ball is rolled out, our player is facing the keeper, or he's ready to pass it back to him, why? Because the easy option is to go back to the keeper or sideways, there’s only one player that opens his body up to face the opposition and that's Hunt, this for me is purely down to confidence, we have got to start taking pressure off our back line.

There’s no easy answer (unless you launch it), as like you say, the opposition get up our a**es  instantly.   

On 11/11/2021 at 08:39, mrbluesky said:

I get playing out from the back is a work in progress, but we are 16 games in, we are so bloody static, watch, most of the time the ball is rolled out, our player is facing the keeper, or he's ready to pass it back to him, why? Because the easy option is to go back to the keeper or sideways, there’s only one player that opens his body up to face the opposition and that's Hunt, this for me is purely down to confidence, we have got to start taking pressure off our back line.

There’s no easy answer (unless you launch it), as like you say, the opposition get up our a**es  instantly.   

It also puts pressure on the keeper and lowers his confidence whereas it should be other way around the keeper should have confidence in the defenders to keep ball away from him. Any wonder he's been making mistakes.