Boro appoint Wilder

ANDY

I tell you what, this is a great interview with Warnock. You can tell he despises Wilder and Neil comes across like a great bloke to be honest. 

Wilder may be a talented manager but he's a questionable character at best. 

Wilder and his agent have been talking with Boro for a while it seems. Proper snakey behaviour. 

Blades fans are suffering with it all, it's like finding out your fit other half is a proper wrong un but you still want them due to your low self esteem*

*NOT speaking from experience

garymegson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, pooandweeonutd said:

Should fit in well there,Middlesboro is one of the biggest s..tholes i ve ever been .

It really is

Its the worst place I’ve been to in England and that’s coming from someone who’s been to Hull 

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:44, punkskaphil said:

The BBC said on Sunday that Knill will be part of Wilder's management team at Boro.

I'm in Portugal at the moment, so I've no idea what is, or has, been said - especially on the BBC.

However it doesn't surprise me if he joins him. Wilder would be lost without him.

On 12/11/2021 at 21:38, Owls2k said:

I tell you what, this is a great interview with Warnock. You can tell he despises Wilder and Neil comes across like a great bloke to be honest. 

Wilder may be a talented manager but he's a questionable character at best. 

Wilder and his agent have been talking with Boro for a while it seems. Proper snakey behaviour. 

Blades fans are suffering with it all, it's like finding out your fit other half is a proper wrong un but you still want them due to your low self esteem*

*NOT speaking from experience

garymegson

I didn't like Warnock when he was at United, but even then he was always a pantomime villain, and I respect his passion and commitment to the game. 

I can't stand Wilder. He's just a typical bitter horrible pig, no different to any of the other scrubbers apart from a playing career and an unfortunate nack for management. 

This isn't the first time Simon Jordan has publicly and passionately called Wilder out for the hatchet job he did at United when push came to shove, and it's interesting to hear a former chairman's perspective on the mess he's left them in. Jordan's probably looking at him through the same lens as the other chairman in the Championship who have passed on Wilder to appoint somebody else this season, but it's interesting that he's got the national media platform to give it him publicly. He clearly can't stand him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I didn't like Warnock when he was at United, but even then he was always a pantomime villain, and I respect his passion and commitment to the game. 

I can't stand Wilder. He's just a typical bitter horrible pig, no different to any of the other scrubbers apart from a playing career and an unfortunate nack for management. 

This isn't the first time Simon Jordan has publicly and passionately called Wilder out for the hatchet job he did at United when push came to shove, and it's interesting to hear a former chairman's perspective on the mess he's left them in. Jordan's probably looking at him through the same lens as the other chairman in the Championship who have passed on Wilder to appoint somebody else this season, but it's interesting that he's got the national media platform to give it him publicly. He clearly can't stand him. 

Totally agree with that. Wilder is like a more bitter David Brent.

And the 'off the cuff' remarks that he makes that he has clearly planned and tries to shoe-horn into interviews are pitiful. Warnock could at least think on his feet.

• Like 1

At least with Colin you could say he's an in your face c**t.

He is who he is, take it or leave it.

Wilder though is more of an undercover c**t.

Has done quite a good job of convincing some (particularly in the media) that he is some sort of local lad done good, man of the people.

He's not - he's a c**t. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Two managers who are in the top 3 of managerial roasters.

Colin - so arrogant on that clip.  

Wasn't so arrogant near the end when he admitted he wanted to throw the towel in until Jordan talked him out of it, showed quite the opposite of arrogance there. 

He has got a point though. Most managers come into a job when it’s gone horribly wrong, and have to turn things around quickly. Colin’s done that part for boro' so Wilder is coming with the mess already cleaned up. Might be a clever choice of club by wilder.