Some fans have been slating Gregory and saying he should be dropped

Gregory might not be the quickest but at this level he is a good striker and scores goals.  

We’ve been crying out for someone over the last few years who knows where the onion bag is.  6 goals and 3 assists is not a bad return so far.  He’ll get better as the season goes on.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2021 at 10:16, Paul.. said:

Has anyone heard anything from @Tewkesburytoday? 😉

Busy this week, sorry.

But yes, I'd drop him in a heartbeat. Especially having seen what we've been missing up front.

Hopefully now that Kamberi's showed him how to press effectively, lead the line, make his own chances, win headers, and work for the full 90 minutes he'll come good.

Toodlepip.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

Busy this week, sorry.

But yes, I'd drop him in a heartbeat. Especially having seen what we've been missing up front.

Hopefully now that Kamberi's showed him how to press effectively, lead the line, make his own chances, win headers, and work for the full 90 minutes he'll come good.

Toodlepip.

To quote Janice from Friends….OH MY GOD!!

Well I could carry it on for you but I don't like slating players. Furthermore, I never like the guy playing the Fletcher role as it's not flash and fun, I tend to like the FFs of the world, no you can't make me go to Norwich (or whoever it was) but watch me bang it in from 40yrds third time of asking because I can. 

I know we need players like Gregory but I don't really care enough to slate them.

3 minutes ago, Shadowl said:

Well I could carry it on for you but I don't like slating players. Furthermore, I never like the guy playing the Fletcher role as it's not flash and fun, I tend to like the FFs of the world, no you can't make me go to Norwich (or whoever it was) but watch me bang it in from 40yrds third time of asking because I can. 

I know we need players like Gregory but I don't really care enough to slate them.

Raised on Di Canio and Carbone.

I loved FF - and the drama it brought. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I thought Gregory was much the better of the 2 of them against Sunderland.

He has 6 goals in 13 starts, I can't wait to see him when he 'comes good'. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say hate, but the concern I had was that his best season in professional football was 17 goals in League 1, 5 years ago…..

And 17s not even really a lot 

But seeing as we won’t be anywhere near promotion he’ll probably play a decent part 

Edited by FreshOwl

On 02/11/2021 at 21:23, SwellOwl said:

I don’t get the hate with Gregory, nonsense. 

There are types (trolls?) who will slag anyone.  He is no different to any half-decent Championship/L1 centre forward.  Scores regularly and at least he gives his all.  It must be said that I can't think of any better in recent years - Fletcher included...

• Like 2

Gregory is currently our best striker at the moment.  The stats will back that up.  

Sometimes threads like this blows things way out of proportion with no sense of objectivity or reality.  Some as in a few think he should be dropped, or in other terms 0.0000001% of the fanbase thinks Gregory should be dropped.  

It is laughable really.  

• Like 1