Some fans have been slating Gregory and saying he should be dropped

Last night he looked particularly good with a strike parter doing more of the dirty work leaving him to be more of an actual forward. Kamberi and Gregory terrorised Sunderland last night, and the team put more direct balls into dangerous areas for the strikers to chase/ attack. Two hard working and physical strikers can often work together well. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Last night he looked particularly good with a strike parter doing more of the dirty work leaving him to be more of an actual forward. Kamberi and Gregory terrorised Sunderland last night, and the team put more direct balls into dangerous areas for the strikers to chase/ attack. Two hard working and physical strikers can often work together well. 

Spot on!👍

Kamberi & Gregory both put in a reyt shift last night.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Gregory isn't the big, strong, fast striker who would be ideal for us but he does work hard and he is clever. He makes the right runs at the right time and he pulls defenders all over the place. We could do a lot worse.

Much better in a two rather than as a sole stiker. Play to his strengths and he will score plenty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Think Gregory will really come good in this division with windass as well as corbenau starting games 

Getting windass back and up top with Gregory will make a massive difference to this side, that said kamberi showed last night he also has plenty to offer as back up.

Just hope we don't revert to type against Gillingham and Accrington

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To see somebody who is a Blade put in the performances, celebrate goals and clearly wants us to win from his interviews shows his professionalism and character. Proper player and a proper pro.

If you fire us to promotion Lee we will officially let you into our ranks, we all know it's what Dem Blayads want secretly anyway.

garymegson

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

To see somebody who is a Blade put in the performances

He's not a blade.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/blades-tattoos-jamie-vardy-and-ian-holloways-wife-the-inside-story-of-lee-gregorys-journey-to-sheffield-wednesday-3419933

But what of that Blades tattoo supporters of the other lot swore blind was real in the weeks after his signing with Wednesday?

“I can reassure everybody he does not have a Blades tattoo,” Cropper laughed. “He’s from a Blades family, that’s no secret, but he was never that into it.

“I read the other day that he used to go to all the away games. How could he? He’s played football every Saturday since he was 17. Even if I didn’t know him, it doesn’t add up, does it?

“He’s not a massive Blade. You wouldn’t get a massive Blade playing for Wednesday; Billy Sharp wouldn’t sign for Wednesday, would he?

“I can count on one hand the number of times he’s been to Bramall Lane. There’s no worries there!”

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Hmmmm, that says he's not a massive blade, not that he isn't.

Whatever, he still really wants to win, great to see that desire in a Wednesday shirt.

I'll have a nibble here. 

I haven't slagged Gregory off but he was quite ineffective for many games due to tactics and formations. When the team had one of the worst goals records and expected goals in the league you have to question a lot. I'm sure some people would have seen that he was responsible for that rather than studying the bigger picture. Gregory never lacked work rate in that time which is why in this lower scoring side he has stood out and will continue to do so. He really needs help from Moore to give him the team mates to play alongside in the right formation. But overall it's nice to have him, he is going to have a good season here. 

Edited by TheEnchanter