Arrogance

24 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Carlos first season was very disjointed like this season, until we signed BB, Pudil and FF.

Luongo/Byers, Windass and a new left back come have same effect hopefully.

Why oh why are we just sat waiting on those three?

All we do is sit waiting on those three

Those three don’t happen

We just sit waiting for them 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

For me I hate hearing players talking in the press out doing this and that.

Get the business done on the pitch because all that happens is when they come out and say things like this or we are going to win for the fans blah blah blah the fans realise more and more they are basically bushshitters.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Get the business done on the pitch 

They can do both

Nothing wrong with talking positively in the press - nothing at all

It's time Sheffield people stopped moaning and whinging and crying like babies about what players say in the press 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

4/23 duels won in the last game by Berahino and Gregory.

"Route one" doesn't even get us out of our half.

Route one would have won us that game against Lincoln..

Teams are always within reach of a result against us playing Darren Moores tinkering tactics..

Our team lack the fundamental skills to play anything other than a simple up n at em style ...

If you can't keep the ball at your feet without losing it unchallenged you shouldn't be on a football pitch ...

We have this in spades in our team at present

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They can do both

It's time Sheffield people stopped moaning and whinging and crying like babies about what players say in the press 

I wonder what percentage of people who don’t like what he said have actually read what he said?

All he says is he believes in his team and still thinks we can improve and is asking for fans to back the team. Hardly Cantona levels of arrogance is it? Plus as an individual he is cutting the mustard on the pitch. 
I know people want to find things to pick at but calling this arrogant is just daft. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Get the business done on the pitch because all that happens is when they come out and say things like this or we are going to win for the fans blah blah blah the fans realise more and more they are basically bushshitters.

But when we hear nothing from the players or the club - they get accused of not engaging with the fans - damned if they do and damned if they don't

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Route one would have won us that game against Lincoln..

Teams are always within reach of a result against us playing Darren Moores tinkering tactics..

Our team lack the fundamental skills to play anything other than a simple up n at em style ...

If you can't keep the ball at your feet without losing it unchallenged you shouldn't be on a football pitch ...

We have this in spades in our team at present

4/23 duels won v Lincoln. 

Thats 23 balls played up to them, of which they lost 19 of them.

Route one doesn't work with the attack we have. They don't have the pace to beat men to the ball or the strength to win the ball in a challenge.

We don't play direct because we can't. 

• Like 1

Even if a team needs snookers to stay up you'll always get players who will build fans hopes up, it's in our nature, it happens in wars it happens in politics, practically in every walk of life, its to boost people's morale, if there is a 1%chance things can change then fans will cling to that hope

Edited by Daniele Giovanni

For me those statements don't show arrogance, but they show the vision the club had at the beginning of the season 

It's nothing wrong with making that vision public, is it?

The players have been brought in exactly for that purpose : to get promoted immediately. There is no plan B - nearly all contracts are short term and if we do not succeed this season, then we can get used to league one.  

We will not find any good players in the next transfer window, if we are still stuck in league 1!

I still believe that we have a good squad! We have good players, who are motivated and who want the promotion as much as we do. That has to be good enough to get the promotion! It has to be good enough because that's our only option.

Here is my picture, if we are still in league 1 next year: 

- Hillsborough will be either empty or toxic

- The players, which are left, will be frustated and/or poor quality

- How many managers we will have fired in the meantime - I do not know

- Our owner will not find additional cash to get us out of this mess

We will not find any good players anymore, if we are still stuck here next season. Who would want to play for us then???

Yes, I have seen that we play crap. I am not blind!! 

But I am still not prepared to give up!! I cannot give up and I do not want to give up! I want to get back to the Championship as long as it is possible.

The players can play! It will click soon! They will gel!  DM has a plan and we will see it soon! 

Sorry, but I am getting really desperate.  We need positivity. We need hope.

Tell me, if I am wrong. 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They can do both

If they do both, then they have every right to. All they are doing at the moment, is one. Which is probably why some people get a tad fed up hearing it. I think all the talk the past two seasons hasn't really left much confidence in words. 

Let's hope they prove themselves right and their doubters wrong. 

UTO

20 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Neither has trying to play like Man City....

4 of 23 put into the net is four chances 4 goals ...

If we do get the chance in January we need two target men and Gregory will feed off the scraps ...

That's 4 of 23 on the half way line, getting passed back to midfield. The other 19 are getting pinged to their strikers and wingers.

We have no pace. At all. The CBs with Gregory stand in our half because there's no chance whatsoever of him running past them.

32 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

That's 4 of 23 on the half way line, getting passed back to midfield. The other 19 are getting pinged to their strikers and wingers.

We have no pace. At all. The CBs with Gregory stand in our half because there's no chance whatsoever of him running past them.

If we do get the chance in January we need two target men and Gregory will feed off the scraps ...

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Really? Always feels to me our finger is always hovering over the self destruct button lately.

There were times I thought we really should have had that game sown up.

Attacking, some of our midfieldeds looked the business.   

Shame not much around them did.

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

If we do get the chance in January we need two target men and Gregory will feed off the scraps ...

Why is the answer to our failing attack always give Gregory more support?

There's only one player started every game in attack since Rotherham.

We've tried every combination of support to Gregory and we've still not scored more than one open play goal in a game. We've changed the formation and style of play to suit him.

As long as he starts, we'll struggle.