• Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Berahino
    • Brown
    • Shodipo
    • Corbeanu
    • Paterson

8 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

This 3-5-2 that we are playing for most of today looked like a 5-3-2.

Everytime we got the ball in the full back position there was nothing in front of them.

Spot on.

Way too defensive at home to a side who don't score for fun and I don't think have kept a league clean sheet all season. Moore is too afraid to go on the offensive. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

nobody was worth an 8.5.

Adeniran played well but not that well, conceded possession with a poor challenge that left him injured in the move that led to the corner Lincoln scored from an tackled himself a couple of times second half. 

I thought Adeniran was awful till he scored. Lost possession so many times and looked like Bambi on ice! Got better after his goal.

• Thanks 1

goalie awful (again)

hunt....iorfa...palmer ......ok (ish)

brown ...johnson .......are a p1ss poor combination

bannan ....not a good day for him 

gregory & berahino feeding off scraps and unsurprisingly not doing it with success  

bashiru and adeniran the only bright spots until corbeanu on .......

as for the manager.... to have system that clearly wasnt working and thinking swapping gregory for paterson  would be the answer beggers belief .

a bad day 

• Like 4

Bit pointless with players set up to fail 

Bpf 6

Hunt 5

Palmer 5

Iorfa 5

Johnson 4 played cb, shows dm out of ideas

Brown 4 always a bad idea

Deli 6

Bannan 6

Dennis 7* 

Gregory 5 cant switch from playing from back to launching it to short forwards, not big or quick enough, too slow for through balls too, needs crosses or mainly ineffectual

Berahino 5 dito

Lucky to be 0-0 at ht against a poor lower lg1 side we made look good.

Nobody can be convinced about moores tactics, failed 352, johnson cb, not knowing his best 11 etc, seen enough, he's been a very poor manager and is out of sensible ideas.

Needs to drop johnson, brown and 352, put palmer lb, try theo up front with pato or theo with gregory and pato in behind imo

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Keeper                                Missing the string of clean sheets

Hunt                                    just about

Iorfa                                    needed

Hutchinson                        Vital

Palmer                                Needed

Luongo                                Needed

Bannan                                Needed

Adeniran

Patterson

Corbeanu

Gregory

There you have it the recipe for reducing what is being conceded and creating a platform for upping your scoring ratio. Moore can have it both ways if he shows some bottle. The three in bold can hold and two of the three can press for openings. 

It is a credible plan but the two who are out have to get back on the pitch. As for the forward four the pack can be shuffled as the confidence grows. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, torryowl said:

goalie awful (again)

hunt....iorfa...palmer ......ok (ish)

brown ...johnson .......are a p1ss poor combination

bannan ....not a good day for him 

gregory & berahino feeding off scraps and unsurprisingly not doing it with success  

bashiru and adeniran the only bright spots until corbeanu on .......

as for the manager.... to have system that clearly wasnt working and thinking swapping gregory for paterson  would be the answer beggers belief .

a bad day 

Iorfa in the first half was poor.

Crap again. Apart from 20 minutes we were outplayed. Three at the back sucks!

BPF 5 at fault again for goal

Hunt 6 Some half decent play

Iorfa 5 lost his man for goal. Bambi on ice. What’s happened to him?

Palmer 6 feel sorry for him. Shunted around all over!

Johnson 5 he’s awful especially at cb. 
Brown 4 I thought he was awful
Bannan 5 poor today. Passing was off

Adeniran 7 extra point for goal. Some driving runs but wee wees me off how often he loses the ball

Dele-Bashiru 7 MOM as above really. wee wees me off at times but drives forwards. I like him.

Berahino 4 he’s awful. Offers nothing 

Gregory 4 lost every challenge today

Paterson 5 slightly better than Gregory 

Corbeanu 6 lively. Starts every game if I’m in charge

Shodipo 5 no confidence at the moment 

Moore 2 if he persists with this crappy formation, the crowd will turn even more soon. Fool

BPF - 6 - Saved a few

Hunt - 6 - Didn't really do much

Palmer - 6 - Gave some daft free kicks away

Iorfa - 6 - Drove out of defence a few times

Johnson - 6 - Why was he playing CB? 🤣

Brown - 5 Gave the ball away a lot

Bannan - 6.5 - Tidy but not overly effective

FDB - 8 - Loads of energy, drove at them time and again, so strong and made the goal. MOM

Adeniran - 8 - Loads of energy as well, got the goal.

Gregory - 5 - Not his day

Berahino - 6 - Some nice touches and had a shot.

Paterson - 5 - Didn't do much.

Corbeanu - N/A

Shodipo - N/A

Both teams didn't really create too many clear cut chances, and was a scrappy game. We should have had more than enough to beat them, but nothing stuck up front. Should have been changed at HT.

Once we got the goal we looked better, but once their goal went in you knew we weren't going to win it. Heads drop and no leaders to rally them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Nobody higher than a 6 for me. 

Terrible performance. Still no cohesion. 

Dele bashiru was probably the best of the bunch. Let down by his first touch and final ball.

I thought wing being dropped would improve the midfield. Lincoln organised midfield commanded ours for most of the game apart from us scoring and a ok patch of ten minutes after. When they scored we just really lost the plot. Don't think that we ever applied any tactics or anything that looked like stopping a very ordinary Lincoln team.

I have backed DM so far. But I can't ignore any more his terribly poor interviews and his inability to produce coherent answers to basic media questions mainly regarding selection and formation and tactical issues. 

Without being rude or being perceived as slating him I just don't think he is very bright. Which normally in football is not a problem. He's now making me cringe with the strange answers that he gives to basic questions. 

If we was winning or playing well I could possibly cope. But we definitely are not doing either. 

It's almost like a kick-about, isn't it?

Shapeless.

• Like 1

Another turgid performance. The strikers seem to have no kind of chemistry. Our defence was sloppy, lots of times we looked like giving away a stupid goal. Only bright spark was a few bursts through the midfield. I'm going with Dele-Bashiru Man of the Match again for being one of the few that made things happen:

Peacock-Farrell: 6 - A couple of smart saves, goal at the end went through him a bit

Palmer: 6 - Awful back-pass near the start. Other than that was a reasonable game.

Iorfa: 5.5 - I liked a few of the bursts through the middle, but lost his man for the corner and that has cost us 2 points.

Johnson: 6 - Solid apart from one time where he got caught with a bouncing ball.

Hunt: 6.5 - One of our better players, often having to cope without much support

Brown: 5 - I really don't see a footballer in him. Certainly not in a defensive position, maybe as a winger, but any further back he's a liability.

Bannan: 6 - Tidy for the most part, but we had so many corners and freekicks and couldn't make them count

Adeniran: 7 - Good energy and great finish for the goal

Dele-Bashiru: 7 - MoM. Out best player and one of the few players driving forward

Berahino: 5.5 - Ineffective for the most part, gets knocked off the ball too easily

Gregory: 5 - Doesn't seem to link up well at all with Beranhino, both of them seemed too far apart from each other

Subs:

Paterson: 6 - Improved us marginally when he came on 

Corbeanu: 6 - Couple of good dribbles. Should have been brought on at 1-0. Needed fresh legs earlier.

Shodipo: N/A - Not on long enough to judge.

• Like 2

BPF 3 = should have saved that goal IMO

Hunt 4 = tries to be busy but his passing and crossing was abysmal

Palmer 7 = pick of the defenders

Iorfa 3 = not his greatest hour. lost his man for the headed goal, and almost cost us 2 other times

Johnson 5 = did ok, in the circumstances

Adeniran 7 = lovely finish, and bring energy

FDB 8 = I love his driving runs

Bannan 5 = kept it ticking over but not a great game

Brown 2 = seriously, how does this guy get a shirt? he is utter garbage. cant pass, cant shoot, cant beat a man, cant tackle. I dont even know what position he was playing. GET RID ASAP

Gregory 5 = little supply, but tried hard

Berahino 3 = so ineffective

Patterson 5 = ditto Gregory

Theo 6 = looked lively, tried to run at them, put across a nice corner

Moore 0 (ZERO) = his team selection, tactics, and subs just beggar belief. I think he is actually insane. Needs his head checking out by guys in white coats.

BPF 6 

Palmer 6

Iorfa 6

Johnson 6

Hunt 6

Brown 2 simply awful in this role. 
Fizz MoM 8 huge potential with his powerful running

Bannan 6.5

Adeniran 7 but below his best.

Berahino 5 good first half but vanished second

Gregory 1 utterly woeful. Zero control

Theo 7.7 great showing

Shodipo 6

Paterson 5

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

What did Gregory do for him to score higher than Bannan, Berahino and Iorfa? For me he was the worst player on the pitch, absolute waste of a shirt

Agreed.

Hes been excellent recently so I’m not sure why he was so poor yesterday. I did notice they marked him super-tight, and on the few occasions he was receiving the ball he lost it under immediate pressure.

Not sure why you got 4 laughing emojis. He had a shocker.

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Another turgid performance. The strikers seem to have no kind of chemistry. Our defence was sloppy, lots of times we looked like giving away a stupid goal. Only bright spark was a few bursts through the midfield. I'm going with Dele-Bashiru Man of the Match again for being one of the few that made things happen:

Peacock-Farrell: 6 - A couple of smart saves, goal at the end went through him a bit

Palmer: 6 - Awful back-pass near the start. Other than that was a reasonable game.

Iorfa: 5.5 - I liked a few of the bursts through the middle, but lost his man for the corner and that has cost us 2 points.

Johnson: 6 - Solid apart from one time where he got caught with a bouncing ball.

Hunt: 6.5 - One of our better players, often having to cope without much support

Brown: 5 - I really don't see a footballer in him. Certainly not in a defensive position, maybe as a winger, but any further back he's a liability.

Bannan: 6 - Tidy for the most part, but we had so many corners and freekicks and couldn't make them count

Adeniran: 7 - Good energy and great finish for the goal

Dele-Bashiru: 7 - MoM. Out best player and one of the few players driving forward

Berahino: 5.5 - Ineffective for the most part, gets knocked off the ball too easily

Gregory: 5 - Doesn't seem to link up well at all with Beranhino, both of them seemed too far apart from each other

Subs:

Paterson: 6 - Improved us marginally when he came on 

Corbeanu: 6 - Couple of good dribbles. Should have been brought on at 1-0. Needed fresh legs earlier.

Shodipo: N/A - Not on long enough to judge.

Brown as winger or WB ruins that side of the pitch for us. His immediate instinct is to turn back. He rarely takes on his man and loses it when he does.

He does work hard, so for me I can see he might be a decent LB, but I wouldn’t want to see him as LW or LWB ever again.

• Like 1