For The Love Of God No Moore Please

1 hour ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Sure I read recently that the average finishing position of a relegated Championship team in their first year I'm League 1, was tenth or similar.

Again, not to suggest Moore is doing great, but puts things into perspective.

So Rotherham can jump straight back twice.consecutively,and looking good for it again, WW looking good to do the same,but we should accept we can’t with our squad and players?With we are told the Leagues best player and highest wages?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

So Rotherham can jump straight back twice.consecutively,and looking good for it again, WW looking good to do the same,but we should accept we can’t with our squad and players?With we are told the Leagues best player and highest wages?

Exactly....and Rotherham lost their 2 best midfielders from last season, Crooks and Wing 🙄

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, parajack said:

So Rotherham can jump straight back twice.consecutively,and looking good for it again, WW looking good to do the same,but we should accept we can’t 

The obvious point to make here is that both Rotherham and Wycombe have had the same managers for several seasons, and have stuck by them. I suspect that they've mostly kept their squads together as well, whereas we've had a significant clear out.

The lesson is that continuity works better than continual change.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

Just let it be known, that we headhunted Doncaster Rovers' League One manager, and paid them cash for him, while we were in the Championship just a point or two off safety.

We lack ambition.  We are behaving like a small time south Yorkshire side, who can only see the nearest town as our extreme boundary of thought.

Everything about us just screams small, local, also-ran.

So how would you describe us?

We are a pub league side with a squad of players picked up for free or on loan with a pub league manager.

9 hours ago, heppers said:

At the time I could not believe it. Thompson was a better option.

He was never good enough. It was already falling apart at Rovers.

He took us down.

He lost his last six games before joining us. 

5 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

The change in mindset amongst the fans is very strange. 

In the summer, everybody seemed to be in one of three groups 

1. We'll struggle and be in a relegation dogfight

2. Season of consolidation, mid-table 

3. Push for the play offs, you never know what might happen.

13 games in and we're nearer the 3rd option, yet seemingly the vast majority want him out. 

I get that his team selections and formations are strange at times, but wasn't the first half of the season (especially with 14 new signings) always going to involve chopping and changing and a bit of tinkering? 

100% 

Seems our fanbase are a bunch of melts now if we don’t win 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

i would think that with 14 new players he needs to be granted a bit longer than 13 games to see if he can  get them to gel.......he's only  lost 3 games with goalkeeping errors costing us in those games chuck in the keeper cost  us 4pts in 2 drawn games as well  and his best striker hasnt played a game due to injury .........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sethman75 said:

Can't say ive been this disillusioned before in 25years of following the owls.

Especially when you see the big clubs in the EPL and Europe, they are on a different planet to us on every level.

We aren't gonna get out of this for a long long time

Or alternatively we could stop playing out from the back,pick our best 11 and stick with them,stop chopping and changing,adopt a style and stick to it,and secure an automatic promotion place....

From that  we can build a push to the PL 

Dont say it cant be done,because thats exactly  what Wilder did with the Blunts

• Like 1

7 hours ago, parajack said:

What with Chamionship Players playing poor L1 teams?

Exactly 

Pretty much the entire side has played at a higher level and the vast majority of them are in their prime 

Nowhere near good enough from the manager 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Manwë said:

Just let it be known, that we headhunted Doncaster Rovers' League One manager, and paid them cash for him, while we were in the Championship just a point or two off safety.

We lack ambition.  We are behaving like a small time south Yorkshire side, who can only see the nearest town as our extreme boundary of thought.

Everything about us just screams small, local, also-ran.

Correct, thats because we ARE small, local and also ran

8 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Sure I read recently that the average finishing position of a relegated Championship team in their first year I'm League 1, was tenth or similar.

Again, not to suggest Moore is doing great, but puts things into perspective.

Aah perspective. I remember it well. As rare as hairs on Bazza’s bonce these days.