For The Love Of God No Moore Please

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Or alternatively we could stop playing out from the back,pick our best 11 and stick with them,stop chopping and changing,adopt a style and stick to it,and secure an automatic promotion place....

From that  we can build a push to the PL 

Dont say it cant be done,because thats exactly  what Wilder did with the Blunts

United we’re on 24 points after 13 games that season. We’re on 20. Hardly the disaster that some would suggest. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People were literally begging Chansiri to put Thompson out of his misery

Thompson had a 46% win rate. Moore has 31%.

Thompson was the man to see out the season. Another Stuart Gray.

Moore is rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People were literally begging Chansiri to put Thompson out of his misery

At Rovers he had a lower win rate than Thompson in the division below.

A truly dreadful appointment. Up there with Jos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was strange getting Moore in...when Thomson was doing ok...ish...within a week or 2 of the bookies paying out I think...next Wednesday manager.

Anyhow thought he should have seen the season out at least...and said so at the time.

But @owlstalk is right, most posters wanted a 'real manager'...get Cooke etc etc etc

Chansiri is a w@nker etc etc....still no manager etc etc.

When Moore eventually came most were happy enough...then the players he brought in..ecstatic..

Most probably the same who wanted a real manager and happy with Moore seem to have changed their minds.

Funny ole game..

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Remember when Dave Jones took over from Megson, and the sudden change in our performances?

Most didn't want megson sacked though...and he wasn't sacked for football reasons.

He took us from 3rd to 2nd...though the football was better to watch.

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Most didn't want megson sacked though...and he wasn't sacked for football reasons.

He took us from 3rd to 2nd...though the football was better to watch.

Yes, that's true.

I've said that we're where we are in spite of Moore, and that's probably too harsh as it implies we'd be better off with no manager at all.

I think we'll spend the rest of the season bobbing around pretty much where we are.

We probably won't lose many, but I don't see us winning too many either.

Moore's more like a caretaker, an overseer, than a manager who comes in and grabs the team by the scruff of the neck.

We're middling, mediocre, plodding along.

But we're not getting promoted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

The obvious point to make here is that both Rotherham and Wycombe have had the same managers for several seasons, and have stuck by them. I suspect that they've mostly kept their squads together as well, whereas we've had a significant clear out.

The lesson is that continuity works better than continual change.

No it isnt plenty of teams keep the same manager and group of players and go nowhere in all Divisions,YES its relevant, but this  is DIVISION 3 FFS!!!  we are a team of people who were playing & beating Championship sides knocked 5 past Cardiff as an example,one of the highest wage bill,one of the biggest grounds,amongst the largest crowds

WW & Rotherham have almost none of that,tiny budgets,yo yo teams up and down from L1...

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, that's true.

I've said that we're where we are in spite of Moore, and that's probably too harsh as it implies we'd be better off with no manager at all.

I think we'll spend the rest of the season bobbing around pretty much where we are.

Moore's more like a caretaker, an overseer, than a manager who comes in and grabs the team by the scruff of the neck.

Yep..it’s almost like his brief is to keep us in the division and not get relegated..wouldn’t surprise me if we draw again on saturday

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

I thought it was strange getting Moore in...when Thomson was doing ok...ish...within a week or 2 of the bookies paying out I think...next Wednesday manager.

Anyhow thought he should have seen the season out at least...and said so at the time.

But @owlstalk is right, most posters wanted a 'real manager'...get Cooke etc etc etc

Chansiri is a w@nker etc etc....still no manager etc etc.

When Moore eventually came most were happy enough...then the players he brought in..ecstatic..

Most probably the same who wanted a real manager and happy with Moore seem to have changed their minds.

Funny ole game..

I Wasnt happy with DM Tactics last Year,when i felt his tactic of playing out was adding to our demise and said so very early on....took some flak for it...

Most common being he was a manager who knew L1   what sort of recommendation is that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

whats our best 11?.......you could get 50 of us and we'd all pick a different side .......

Well not changing your side every match to how your opponents set up might be a good place to start,and actually where people have stuck up their '11' they are very similar...

Why? because none of us advocate playing it out or think a lone striker or playing 4/5/1   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, harrwawaw said:

however bad it gets we need to get behind the players and DM shouldn’t be booing them aftwe games i go home and away and the booing after games is terrible doesn’t matter how bad we play we need to stick with them as i feel chansiri is the main problem

Bloody hell. Thats ridiculous. What sort of manager boos his own players after the game.

Moore out !!

• Haha 2

On 20/10/2021 at 21:42, Athelwulf said:

Yes, that's true.

I agree with some of your post,but the players he has now have Championship & PL pedigree in th main,are amongst the best paid in the Division,and up to last season would have been playing in the Championship,bar an EFL sanction...

IF DM wastes this chance to go straight back up,players will leave,go back to their parent Clubs if on loan,and will in all likelihood be replaced by players of L1 standard,or below..

You've gotta love owlstalk. 3 games into the season, "Moore, he's the messiah, statue outside leppings Lane, amazing signings, wow". 

Same with Rhodes. Total spaffathon when he signs then it slowly dawns on everyone he's total log and then it's crucifixion. 

My recommendation, spend more time looking at muck and less time looking at owlstalk if you want to remain balanced 

22 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Why can't people see that continually sacking a manager does not bring success.?? 

We have been doing this for years and then some wonder why we have not progressed.

Well if you look at the PL & Championship sacking managers can & does bring success  issue is in my view so many are poor to start with,... 

We sacked Gray & brought in Carlos,and had success,Blunts brought in Wilder,ditto,and so on..

How are WBA doing now?

Edited by parajack

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Well if you look at the PL & Championship sacking managers can & does bring success  issue is in my view so many are poor to start with,... 

We sacked Gray & brought in Carlos,and had success,Blunts brought in Wilder,ditto,and so on..

How are WBA doing now?

There are exceptions of course, but on the whole it doesn't work. Our history of managers since premier days makes grim reading.