For The Love Of God No Moore Please

9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Just let it be known, that we headhunted Doncaster Rovers' League One manager, and paid them cash for him, while we were in the Championship just a point or two off safety.

We lack ambition.  We are behaving like a small time south Yorkshire side, who can only see the nearest town as our extreme boundary of thought.

Everything about us just screams small, local, also-ran.

At the time I could not believe it. Thompson was a better option.

He was never good enough. It was already falling apart at Rovers.

He took us down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Moore Moore Moore, how do you like it how do you like it?

In the midnight hour, we cried Moore, Moore, Moore

With a owl hoot we cried Moore, Moore, Moore

In the midnight hour owlet Moore, Moore, Moore

With a owl hoot Moore, Moore, Moore

Moore, Moore, Moore!

• Haha 2

Last night the first hour or so was atrocious. But, I was a bit heartened that DM actually made changes that made good sense and gave us a better shape and got us a point. I’m not convinced by DM by any means but I’m also far from convinced sacking him is going to help us much this season. 

I think it’s fair to see how things stand on 2nd Jan. If we are not in the top 6 or at least only a point or so off and hitting some form then it probably time to call it. If we are top 6 at the turn of the year then for me he’s doing what could be reasonably accepted. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Last night the first hour or so was atrocious. But, I was a bit heartened that DM actually made changes that made good sense and gave us a better shape and got us a point. I’m not convinced by DM by any means but I’m also far from convinced sacking him is going to help us much this season. 

I think it’s fair to see how things stand on 2nd Jan. If we are not in the top 6 or at least only a point or so off and hitting some form then it probably time to call it. If we are top 6 at the turn of the year then for me he’s doing what could be reasonably accepted. 

No he is not that isn’t what could be reasonably expected AT ALL 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, parajack said:

No he is not that isn’t what could be reasonably expected AT ALL 

I personally think a top six finish in our first season trying to get out of L1 with all the new players is what could be reasonably expected. 

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 4

The change in mindset amongst the fans is very strange. 

In the summer, everybody seemed to be in one of three groups 

1. We'll struggle and be in a relegation dogfight

2. Season of consolidation, mid-table 

3. Push for the play offs, you never know what might happen.

13 games in and we're nearer the 3rd option, yet seemingly the vast majority want him out. 

I get that his team selections and formations are strange at times, but wasn't the first half of the season (especially with 14 new signings) always going to involve chopping and changing and a bit of tinkering? 

• Like 8

Just now, parajack said:

What with Chamionship Players playing poor L1 teams?

Yes. That’s what I think is a reasonable outcome. There are other decent teams in the division who have been working very hard to get squads together to get out of this league for a number of years. I honestly think getting a top six finish this year is acceptable.

Sure I’d love automatic promotion but never thought it looked likely. I think we have a decent squad for this league but it was assembled out of freebies and loanees so even though I think the players are probably Championship standard as individuals I wouldn’t really say we have a Championship standard squad right now. I think it will take time. Is Moore the right man to get us up and turn the squad into a Championship one? The jury is out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

The change in mindset amongst the fans is very strange. 

In the summer, everybody seemed to be in one of three groups 

1. We'll struggle and be in a relegation dogfight

2. Season of consolidation, mid-table 

3. Push for the play offs, you never know what might happen.

13 games in and we're nearer the 3rd option, yet seemingly the vast majority want him out. 

I get that his team selections and formations are strange at times, but wasn't the first half of the season (especially with 14 new signings) always going to involve chopping and changing and a bit of tinkering? 

Think its a combination of most fans are unhappy 95% of the time, expectations were set too high by the players and management and the general frustration that we have gone backwards quite quickly over last 2-3 years.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Awful manager and is going to take us absolutely nowhere.

If Chansiri wants to save this season and his investment then he needs to let this clown go and go now.

however bad it gets we need to get behind the players and DM shouldn’t be booing them aftwe games i go home and away and the booing after games is terrible doesn’t matter how bad we play we need to stick with them as i feel chansiri is the main problem

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, parajack said:

What with Chamionship Players playing poor L1 teams?

Sure I read recently that the average finishing position of a relegated Championship team in their first year I'm League 1, was tenth or similar.

Again, not to suggest Moore is doing great, but puts things into perspective.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Last night the first hour or so was atrocious. But, I was a bit heartened that DM actually made changes that made good sense and gave us a better shape and got us a point.

It's been a constant theme though this season. He gets his tactics so badly wrong to start with in each game that we are crying out for changes at half time. But he still carries on with the same tactics/ formation, only making changes 20 mins into the 2nd half.

That first half v Bolton was a complete shambles tactically and he only changed things at half time because two players had to go off injured.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1