Pitch invasion

59 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

He was just wobbling about in their goal mouth for about a minute and a half…. The safest place for him…. wasn’t gonna get hit with the ball there. 

if he has lasted 5 more minutes he would have probably got man of the match.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

I was on the Kop and was watching the game and wondering why people were booing, then I noticed what appeared to be a somewhat p1ssed up overweight gentleman just standing aimlessly in their goal. When he realised he was about to be apprehended, he went for a wander and kicked his foot out before being carted off. I mean couldn’t the stewards have at least rugby tackled him, or he at least attempted to run away. It was absolutely pointless and he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

He simply got kicked out. Was “walking” down past the park on 90 minutes with his equally pissed up mate, which is unbelievable really, as it’s supposed to be a criminal offence these days isn’t it?

24 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Was he drunk or perhaps suffering with some mental disability?

Your latter comment is definitely one that crossed my mind. Some people who have commented on this and other threads might want to have a word with themselves

• Haha 2

Not my words, but someone posted this on Facebook:

This guy was sat near us , how he managed to get in the ground is a mystery, he was absolutely bladdered and still drinking a can of super strength beer ? He was sat with 2 other guys and he kept telling them he was going on the pitch . When he made his move towards the pitch , 1 of his mates left and the other just filmed him . We was actually amazed he made it down the steps on the kop . He spoke to a Steward ( who just sat there ) then fell over the advertising board onto the pitch , with no intervention from the said steward , Couldn't believe he got up and made it to the goal .

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The crazy thing was he seemed to be there ages ,must have been a couple of minutes before any steward reacted. He looked that pissed he must have staggered past them without being noticed. Brilliant that they were so alert and on the ball.

Was it a Baddiel and Skinner recreation of the Peacock-Farrell goal the other week?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Don't want to be too po faced about it but it could have been serious. What if we'd broken away , got past the keeper (insert joke here🙄) the ref would have stopped play and stopped us going 2-0 up. 

I think he could have stayed there for the rest of the game and he wouldn't have been troubled by the ball coming near him.

Really really struggled to see what his agenda was 

Clearly had a decent swallow and never thought it through 

and he was never going to run because he was cleaner heart attack material 

just the strangest pitch invasion ever infact if a pitch invasion could sum up how we play hay would be reflective of it 

Really really struggled to see what his agenda was 

Clearly had a decent swallow and never thought it through 

and he was never going to run because he was cleaner heart attack material 

just the strangest pitch invasion ever infact if a pitch invasion could sum up how we play hay would be reflective of it 

10 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Don't want to be too po faced about it but it could have been serious. What if we'd broken away , got past the keeper (insert joke here🙄) the ref would have stopped play and stopped us going 2-0 up. 

Or more seriously, what if had a weapon and attacked the Bolton goalkeeper. As I’ve  said earlier, I was watching the game and heard booing but wondered why people were, then noticed him.

The second he was on the pitch, the stewards should have raced on and grabbed him.