Pitch invasion

56 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

He simply got kicked out. Was “walking” down past the park on 90 minutes with his equally pissed up mate, which is unbelievable really, as it’s supposed to be a criminal offence these days isn’t it?

How do you know he wasn't charged and then released?

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

How do you know he wasn't charged and then released?

Fair point, but I would have thought he would be taken to the local nick to be charged, no?

suppose it’s possible though. Never been there myself, so don’t really know how it works.

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Im surprised someone hasn’t posted a video as it seemed a few were filming him.

For some reason I filmed it but doubt the lad who sits in front of me wants his head plastered online. Nothing happened of any interest really, he just stood in the goalmouth longer than you would expect a pitch invader to be there and lots of booing from the crowd.

8 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Fair point, but I would have thought he would be taken to the local nick to be charged, no?

suppose it’s possible though. Never been there myself, so don’t really know how it works.

From what Iv'e heard they have a police room at the ground where fans can be charged and action taken at a later date.

I happened to be looking towards the kop when he appeared.

He tottered to the hoardings and tried to climb over. He fell over onto the pitchside which drew a cheer.

He then wandered slowly into the pitch and stood in their goal.

Not only did the stewards react for what seemed an age, none of them seemed to see him.

Eventually a couple of stewards ran to him and he was led away.

All seemed good natured and I was a bit surprised at the booing.

However it was a shocking breach of security considering he could have had more unpleasant intentions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would be waste of the courts time and energy to charge him.   Hardly the crime of the century.   A clip round the back of his head and send him on his way.

exactly , we have thugs in sheffield who must have been waiting over 2 years for court and are still doing crimes , lets get them sorted before some drunk idiot . i doubt he even remembers what he did