• Berahino
    • Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Paterson
    • Brown
    • Dunkley
    • Adeniran
    • Shodipo

I think a few people have seen the game different to me and are rating our players a lot lower. So I should say that I thought Bolton looked quite good today. I think they will be there and thereabouts judging by that game. Our battling win against Wigan got much more praise, but I honestly think Wigan and Bolton are about the same level. We'll see in 20 games time I guess.

The one thing Bolton didn't do was respond well to our goal. They got worse for the last 10 minutes. Very Wednesday-like in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 all round apart from wildsmith 7 and Gregory 8 and mom for me. 

Bolton will be there or there about topp 6 by end of the season. We beat them and played really quite poorly. Much more to come from these players. 

Lucky that Gibson error in first minute didn't put us on the back foot straight away. We don't have any where near enough confidence in the team to come from a goal behind at home. 

Still a win is a win. Can't wait to see us play up to our best ability. We really should have a decent team. 

Special mention to kieran Lee. Great to see him fit and playing. Conducted himself very well considering. A Hillsborough hero for me. Unlucky he didn't achieve more with us. Great guy and when he was at his best would be missed by any team. Good luck to him. He must be due some luck on the balance of things. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I think a few people have seen the game different to me and are rating our players a lot lower. So I should say that I thought Bolton looked quite good today. I think they will be there and thereabouts judging by that game. Our battling win against Wigan got much more praise, but I honestly think Wigan and Bolton are about the same level. We'll see in 20 games time I guess.

The one thing Bolton didn't do was respond well to our goal. They got worse for the last 10 minutes. Very Wednesday-like in that regard.

Virtually same as I wrote and we posted at same time. Great minds and that. But obviously I agree 

Wildsmith: 7 - Decent game - did well under pressure at the end.

Palmer: 7 - Good shift in two seperate roles. did well for a couple of blocks.

Iorfa: 7 - Pretty consistent and really good positional pkay

Gibson: 6 - Thought he did ok after a shocking first touch of the game. Injured?

Hunt: 7 - 

Brown: 6 - Think he creates problems for the other team. And his own

Hutchinson: 5 - Overrun but not his fault. Must be injured or surely he would have been cb 2nd half

Bannan: 6 - Some good touches 2nd half but just allows the opposition to get on the front foot as part of a two with Hutch

Paterson: 7 - Effective and up for it.

Gregory: 8 - Good stint. Excellent pro and good finish.

Berahino: 6 - Tried hard but working from scraps in this system

Adeniran: 7 - Made the difference getting energy into midfield. Not quite where he was.

Dunkley: 4 - Awful in possession. Awful out of it. Gone backwards 

Shodipo: 6 - Played aux left wing back after Brown went off.

Moore - 4 Gets a point for realising he had fked up massively on the funky 343 at half time. Still wasted 2 subs putting it right. No idea what wonderful volume he is trying to get the players to take on board. 

• Like 1

Wildsmith 6.5 didn't have much to do but was there when needed

Hunt 7.5 played well good assist

Palmer 6.5 so-so

Iorfa 7 solid

Gibson 5.5

Brown 5

Bannan 6.5

Hutch 6

Patterson 6 Battled well 

Gregory 7.5 worked his nuts off and got a well deserved goal

Berahino 6 ran his socks off but didn't play well

20 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Hunt for me. Super cross for Gregory to score from. Plus thought he was quite lively for good spells in the game. Gregory could also have got MoM as he worked very hard. 

Exactly this for me. 

59 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wednesday  1-0  Bolton

Gregory '66                                         

Attendance:  23,692

image.png.2cfa3381adeec39537ec2c01aa335d34.png

STARTING LINE-UP

image.png.c93e51008382a91f378ca627f317490d.png

image.png.30ebfecd0d3fff006fae7473c8ba65f6.png

Well, a win is a win at the end of the day.

A vital three points in the bag. A clean sheet (though Lord alone knows how) 

I certainly can't take many more last 15 minutes' like that.  Sorry, 21. I nearly forgot about that 6 minutes of added time! 

Anyway...we limped over the line.

Who caught your eye today and how did you rate the boys?

Scores on the doors. If you have enough energy left to do it after that draining experience.

Palmer & Hunt for me. Palmer did a dependable job in different roles each half and Hunt provided the quality to get us the win, he defended well too but was a bit exposed at times late on as it was unclear who was supposed to be playing in front of him and helping him out.

Once again Moore changes the approach completely today, then had to chuck it in the bin at half time as we were getting nowhere. 

Is that really where he expects to get the best out of Berahino?  

57 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I get literally no enjoyment from watching us play. We're the sporting equivalent of putting the bins out.  

Went for Gregory, poachers goal, good ball from Hunt but lets be honest, we didn't construct that goal or much of anything else. We concede sooooo many opportunities to the opposition, its not sustainable. 

We didn't concede that many opportunities, Wildsmith made one save, Gibson gifted them one which they didn't even get a shot from and Palmer made a good block, not that much from a team with goals in them recently.

Can't argue that we are poor to watch though, so frustrating and the manager still doesn't know who to pick or how to put them in an effective formation. 

Wildsmith 7 did everything he had to well

palmer 7

iorfa 7

Gibson 5

hunt 8

dunkley 6

When your defence doesn’t concede I don’t get it when fans mark them really low.

brown 5

bannan 7

hutch 5

paterson 7

berahino 4

gregory 7

adeniran 7

shodipo 4

I thought we were second best in the first half. Bolton could have had a hatful, we were sloppy in passing and covering. they had more energy and played a quick passing game. It looked like KL had been coaching them at times because they protected the ball like he does.

Bolton played like Moore seems to want us to do. Sadly we don't seem capable. At times they moved the ball out of defence with ease, later in the game it stopped working for them. It isn't the way to go. 

We were better in the second half and got into the game more. It was a good goal,  nice cross from Hunt and Gregory got across his man and buried it.

Wildsmith didn't have much to do apart from a couple of punches and a save with his legs.

Iorfa put in 2 or 3 tackles like he used to before his injury,  power and finesse combined with perfect timing.

Gibson was decent once he settled down, he can pass and looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. Dunkley doesn't. He's a half decent defender, can be good at times but he's slow. Just don't give him the ball, he panics. He treats it like it's a hand grenade, he will get rid of it as quick as possible even if the receiving player has 3 men surrounding him or he dithers. He is a car crash waiting to happen.

Bannan was nothing special, not bad but not great either. Hutch was way off his game, he really can't do midfield these days. I can understand wanting to make room for Gibson in which case put Hutch on the bench.

Paterson huffed and puffed but didn't blow any houses down. Berahino had his moments but looked out of sorts, more like out of position.

Gregory worked his nads off and got his reward.. Top man.

• Like 2

As someone else said earlier on, very subjective topic picking a MOM, I’ve gone for Iorfa, he was wanting to run out from the back when nothing else was on, won numerous heads, and a great last ditch tackle, as for Gregory, I must have watched a different game from everyone else, apart from the goal which was put on a plate for him from Hunt’s brilliant cross, I thought he was average at best. Him and SB no movement up front, hold up play 1/10, and lazy when he lost possession.

Wildsmith 7/10

Iorfa 7/10

rest of team 5.5/10

I suppose if Moore has set up based on the opposition, and comes away with 3pts and a clean sheet, then who is anyone to argue with him, but IMO playing like that will not get us promoted, I hope I’m completely wrong

• Like 1

Hard to pick, went for Palmer as he made 1 crucial goal saving block in the first half, looked very solid throughout and rarely wasteful on the ball.

I’d probably give everyone today a 6, nobody was bad but none stood out either. We’re still allowing too many good goal scoring opportunities, a better opposition or luckier one would punish us. Gregory took his goal well but was wasteful at times when he did get the ball, still think he’s our best striker, Pato in that middle role never seems involved. 

The issues we had last week, and the week before and the week before that are still there, only the quality from one of our individuals stole 3 points today. 

Still need to see more of a game plan from DM, we’re treading water at the minute and hoping a magic moment from Bannan or Gregory today can drag us through games. 

Nice to see Kieran Lee playing top football again, thought he & Bannan were comfortably the best players on the pitch…what a midfield they would be eh?

Wildsmith. 7 

Palmer 7

Iorfa 6

Gibson 4

Hunt 7

Brown 6

Bannan 7.5  

Hutch 6

Paterson 6

Berahino 6

Gregory 6

Dunkley 6

Adeniran 6

Shodipo 5

Bannan today played a disciplined game at DM, took one for the team. We were much better in defence because of it, especially when Hutch went off.

• Haha 1

People will say all that matters are the 3 points but once again it was a very difficult watch for us. We will lose more than we win playing like that.

The first half line up was ridiculous with at times 7 across the back then a gaping hole to the 3 forwards.

I am glad we were forced into changes at half time as I think we would have lost otherwise.

Wildsmith.  7.   MoM. Played solid and made no clangers that put us on the back foot.

Hunt.       6.    Good cross for the goal.

Palmer.   6.    Showed his versatility when moved to left  back.

Iorfa.       6.    Game saving  tackle when Bannan lost possession.

Gibson.  4.     Nearly gifted them a goal and looked really nervous.

Brown.   5.     Showed willingness to get forward but to no effect

Bannan. 6.    Rubbish when playing on the toes of the defenders, poor long balls and caught in possession but bailed out by Iorfa. Put in 3 superb balls from left midfield.

Hutch.   5.    Sat on the toes of the defenders and gave us no presence in midfield.

Patterson. 5.   Worked hard but not his day today.

Gregory.     6.   Worked hard and took his goal well

Berahino.   4.   Didn't do much with the limited supply.

Dunkley.     5. Headed a couple clear but fell on the floor a couple of times when wrong footed.

Adeniran.   6 At least gave us some presence in midfield