• Shodipo

Wednesday  1-0  Bolton

Gregory '66                                         

Attendance:  23,692

image.png.2cfa3381adeec39537ec2c01aa335d34.png

STARTING LINE-UP

image.png.c93e51008382a91f378ca627f317490d.png

image.png.30ebfecd0d3fff006fae7473c8ba65f6.png

Well, a win is a win at the end of the day.

A vital three points in the bag. A clean sheet (though Lord alone knows how) 

I certainly can't take many more last 15 minutes' like that.  Sorry, 21. I nearly forgot about that 6 minutes of added time! 

Anyway...we limped over the line.

Who caught your eye today and how did you rate the boys?

Scores on the doors. If you have enough energy left to do it after that draining experience.

• Like 2

I thought it was a bit like playing ourselves. Bolton passed the ball well at times, had Kieran Lee pulling the strings nicely in midfield (his battle with Bannan was great) and they used the last 10 minutes dreadfully, completely failing to build pressure when chasing the game. Bolton probably created more, but their final ball was dreadful (Doyle up front particularly guilty of wasting good opportunities). So the difference was Gregory and a classic number 9 performance, vs Doyle, who should have had a tap in at the start but didn't anticipate and should have played in Lee but didn't.

Wildsmith: 7 - a bit flappy at the end. I don't remember him having to make a difficult save? But good to get a clean sheet.

Palmer: 7 - did well.

Iorfa: 8 - had to save us a couple of times with the old telescopic legs

Gibson: 6 - dreadful mistake in the first minute, settled down a bit after that

Hunt: 7.5 - Much better from him, capped off with an assist at the end

Brown: 5 - Full of running, but created very little and puts other players under pressure with his passing

Hutchinson: 7 - Decent first half

Bannan: 8 - one lapse when Lee picked his pocket, but the battle between him and Lee was a higher quality to the rest of the game throughout

Paterson: 7 - his physical presence really helps us with this system. I thought the front 3 did a good job in blocking Bolton's passing and making them go into less dangerous areas

Gregory: 8.5 - MoM, excellent battling performance throughout, capped off with smart movement and good finish. The difference.

Berahino: 7 - thought he did well mostly, almost stole a goal and is looking sharper.

Adeniran: 7 - good running in second half, don't remember him doing too much

Dunkley: 6 - I know we're trying to keep possession, but feel he should be given permission to just chip it forward to Paterson/Gregory every time, as his short passes inevitably put the man under pressure

Shodipo: 6 - Helped see out the game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Absolutely dreadful from us again. I'll take the win but that was horrific, players are clearly not playing for the manager. It's fortunate Bolton turned up thinking it was Kieran Lee's testimonial and they didn't break much of a sweat to try to win.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ws 7

Hunt 7* good assist

Palmer 6

Iorfa 6

Gibson 6 poor start but settled down, unless injured waste of a sub

Brown 6 all the makings of a decent attacking lb, none of a left midfielder/winger, mismanaged

Hutch 5 at least a yard behind game at times, not the legs of adeniran, cb or bench

Bannan 6 A lack of pace and mobility upfront may be limiting his influence 

Pato 6 no chances came his way but kept going

Gregory 6.5 similar to sb, poor bar goal, was very easy pickings for santos until he cleverley came in on his blind side

Sb 5 we need windass back and theo deserves a run up front in the meantime, front 2 poor bar gregorys movement for goal

Dunkley 5 usual

Adeniran 6 need his energy in cm

Shodipo 4 struggles to get in games, would consider johnson on left of 3 if playing 4312 until luongo fit, then bannan on left with luongo central

Still not found his best 11, rode our luck with several near misses but made our only good chance pay, 2 on target wont usually be enough tho.

Poor selection and start with only 3 attacking players at home in a 352, 4312 looked better but crying out for more creativity and pace upfront imo

• Like 2

Hunt for me. Super cross for Gregory to score from. Plus thought he was quite lively for good spells in the game. Gregory could also have got MoM as he worked very hard. 

The thing that really has me scratching my head is we are one point off the playoffs! And five off autos!!

Christ, League one really isn’t of the best quality is it?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Should also say, after that great refereeing performance on Tuesday night, it was back to being reffed by a pedantic weasel today. Tried to ruin the game and make it all about him.

Totally agree. Ref. was worse than awful again today.

I don't how these fuc*ers manage to get dressed in the morning.....SHOCKING!

😡🤬