10 games nearly in

10 minutes ago, BlinkerTheThinker said:

Everybody has been saying we can judge this team / manager after 10 games in. I should probably wait for Saturday to post this but if we win I’d say it’s a good start from the manager and team. If we lose not so great. What’s your opinions?

Funny how one game can make such a difference. To me anyway. 

No opinion 

Someone on here said 15 games was the way to judge, if you were likely to get in the playoffs based on previous seasons. This was for the championship - has anyone done the stats on league 1. As this may give some idea of when to we should start thinking it’s our year or not?!

• Like 1

So glad we ground out the result we did Tuesday night. That was the highlight with perhaps the Rotherham away game which have been decent battling performances. Would have expected better given the relative riches DM has to choose from, particularly in the Morecambe, Shrewsbury and Ipswich matches. On balance if we win Saturday then it can be judged as an ok start. Still think we are somehow holding ourselves back and if we were to go for it with a bit more fight and confidence then we would stuff the likes of the clubs we have recently drawn against. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlinkerTheThinker said:

Everybody has been saying we can judge this team / manager after 10 games in. I should probably wait for Saturday to post this but if we win I’d say it’s a good start from the manager and team. If we lose not so great. What’s your opinions?

Funny how one game can make such a difference. To me anyway. 

Good thread.

I suggest you bump it on Saturday night. Happy to join in more then.

But certainly if we win, 18 points from 10 games isn’t far off an auto-spot, which given we’ll have played 4 homes and 6 aways would be excellent.

Worst-case (God forbid) we lose - 15 points from 10 games is just short of a play-off form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I've always thought that Christmas was the point when we actually set our stall out as to what we want to achieve so that we can use the next transfer window to change anything that's needed

Unfortunately there are several fans out there who already have made up their mind on Moore and want him out. Crazy if you ask me, considering the amount of new players we brought in. Were people honestly expecting him to know his best XI in 2 months? 

He’s clearly one of few managers who have developed a good working relationship with the chairman as he has been given more freedom than most to do things his way. Credit to him for that. 

• Like 5