Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

17 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

On what basis though?

With the embargo and injuries, how would Ryan Lowe have achieved more than 85 points? What tactically would he have done differently? Those circumstances don't just disappear because Ryan Lowe is the manager and not Darren Moore.

We can all say that someone was the right choice after the event but your argument appears to be that you just like Ryan Lowe.

I like Lowe, but how would he have dealt with 12, TWELVE, 1st team players out injured at the same time?.

• Like 2

Having seen plenty of Ryan Lowe’s Plymouth, I can tell you that they were defensively suspect for a lot of his time there. If you don’t like DM’s tippy tippy style of playing out from the back, you wouldn’t like Lowe. 

He does come across as an arrogant man in his media interviews and certainly the way he spoke of Argyle in his first interview at Preston was disrespectful. 

Then there was his Klopp style fist pumping in front of the Devonport End after EVERY home win. Came across as the big I am and even Klopp doesn’t do it every game. 

Then there are the stories about the real reason for his departure. 

He seems to have made a decent start at Preston so it will be interesting to see how he does next season. He certainly has always made his love of Wednesday pretty clear. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

So it's his fault now is it? Most of the team didn't turn up, we didn't control midfield for once Berahino was chasing back trying to help out, it should have not been his job in the first place, Bannan was injured so he should have been rested, then he would have been more effective at home, Berahino turned his season round I'm not going to blame him for anything

You've taken the point way out of context. My point was that on Monday most fans agreed with the decision to put Saido on the bench.

Agree Bannan probably shouldn't have played last week on Friday but he was always going to if he was in anyway fit and Moore was dammed either way on that one. As would Ryan Lowe which was the point being debated.

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I like Lowe, but how would he have dealt with 12, TWELVE, 1st team players out injured at the same time?.

I totally agree. I like Lowe as well, I think most do but he wouldn't have done better than Moore in my opinion.

9 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

If DM doesn’t succeed (I want him to desperately) then the one man I want is Paul warne. Done an amazing job with limited resources time and time again. 

I think Rotherham fans would have a full on meltdown if we nicked their manager too.

For that reason, I'm happy for it to happen if DM was to leave (I hope he doesn't)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I think Rotherham fans would have a full on meltdown if we nicked their manager too.

For that reason, I'm happy for it to happen if DM was to leave (I hope he doesn't)

I mean that defo would be a side benefit but he seems to be a very good manager to boot. If DM is successful here I'd like to see PW go somewhere with a bit more money and see what he can do. 

15 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So you'd rather your prediction comes true than Wednesday have a good start?

An odd thing for a Wednesday fan to want to happen I have to say.

Not if you've got an edgy internet persona to protect lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1