Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

On 19/10/2021 at 13:43, sherlyegg said:

On current form (last 6) Plymouth have 3 pts more than us which is not great (especially considering the points we gave away Saturday...and some previously)

In the real league table Plymouth have 7pts more than us but we have a game in hand...

So possibly 4 more..

The gap could get bigger or we might get closer.

My guess is Plymouth will have a bad run anytime soon...then he will be forgotten and some fans here will craving for the Sunderland...Wigan...Bolton ..insert any manager on a good run.

He might do well here..or he might not.

It's no doubt the same fans who wanted cooke, hughton ..

Tbf about Cook though - like Moore he signed a massive number of new players in the summer. They got off to a rough start for sure, but are certainly improving now and Ipswich fans can see it in front of their eyes. Are we seeing that with Moore? 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ipswich overtake us in the table very shortly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Tbf about Cook though - like Moore he signed a massive number of new players in the summer. They got off to a rough start for sure, but are certainly improving now and Ipswich fans can see it in front of their eyes. Are we seeing that with Moore? 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ipswich overtake us in the table very shortly. 

When and if they do 'some' fans will forget about Lowe and be back on the get Cooke bandwagon.

• Like 1

Always liked him, was a great player for the time we had him, passionate, ambitious, being a great job at Plymouth and seems to have a real connection with the club.

The last four results just haven’t been done enough and, although I like him, Moore ripping up no trees. I appreciate it’s early days and I normally want to give manager’s time but enough is enough of this rubbish.

Lowe could be a great fit for us and give us someone as manager who had a strong link with the club to give it some soul - something it’s been lacking for a while.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why on earth would any manager come to work at this football club right now for this chairman?

Before Moore came we spent months trying to get one and nobody would come near us

It’s not the chairman’s fault that the players aren’t working hard enough when things aren’t going their way and some look lost. Very little shape too - again not the chairman’s fault.

I agree that the chairman has made some big mistakes and I was angry at the end of last season like most but he always backs his managers other than last January when we literally weren’t allowed to spend.

The current underachievement is squarely with the players and manager in my eyes. Also, why play Hutch in midfield when we all know he will end up injured. Play him in defence where he is need and very effective. Anyone who can’t see this is a worry - and yes we need someone in midfield but Sam is not the answer and it’s simply not worth the risk - when will this be learned! Never picked up an injury when playing in defense as far as I can remember.

Lowe was saying in the press a few months ago he would love the job and had unfinished business. He might have changed his mind now, but that was only a few months back while chansiri was owner. 

Its like asking a pretty girl on a date. You might get laughed at...but if you don’t ask...you don’t get laughed at.

• Thanks 1