Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

13 hours ago, striker said:

Not that I'm against Lowe, far from it. 

But, he's had that team to work on since 2019. Also fair to say that in their first season back in L1, with a lot of new players, finished 18th. My point being, it doesnt happen overnight and think we would just be having this debate again with another name as soon as we don't win every game. 

Also fair to say, Plymouth have let in two injury time goals to draw 2-2 in the last month. Would that create the same hysteria and calls for a change?

Don't get me wrong, good manager in the making, I'd love him at Hillsborough in the future,  but dont think it's time to be looking for a replacement yet.

The best way to success is to see out the rough times and let manager's build momentum. 

Great assessment of the situation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, striker said:

But, he's had that team to work on since 2019. Also fair to say that in their first season back in L1, with a lot of new players, finished 18th. My point being, it doesnt happen overnight and think we would just be having this debate again with another name as soon as we don't win every game. 

Also fair to say, Plymouth have let in two injury time goals to draw 2-2 in the last month. Would that create the same hysteria and calls for a change?

Don't get me wrong, good manager in the making, I'd love him at Hillsborough in the future,  but dont think it's time to be looking for a replacement yet.

The best way to success is to see out the rough times and let manager's build momentum. 

He got his team promoted in his first season in charge of them.

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He got his team promoted in his first season in charge of them.

Then signed a similar amount of players that we did this summer and finished 18th. 

Not diminishing his achievement or ability (I like him as a manager), but my point was that managers need time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, striker said:

Good to see some common sense, top post.

• Like 1

For what it's worth id give Moore a little more time. Odd management decisions but apart from the final 10 mins (I know) we looked much better at the weekend.

But if we did want to get Lowe he'd jump at the chance. I remember before he took the Plymouth job he asked for some time to mull over the move as geographically it was a huge upheaval for him (He's very family orientated). 

If we wanted him id be very surprised if he didn't want it. 

Look at what Mark Robins has done at Coventry ,Ryan Lowe  at Plymouth  they are great team builders ,Not saying Moore is not  but patience is needed. There will be plenty of highs and even more lows watching the owls believe me after 50 yrs watching them i know. In my opinion every team wants a solid  spine a solid goalkeeper good in the air and good shot stopper. A  good ball winning center half  win everything in the air. A ball winning midfielder tough in the tackle . And a forward who leads the line . That is what you build off  we have a few of the spine missing . 7th position is not the end of the world ,Lets see where we are at xmas.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Then signed a similar amount of players that we did this summer and finished 18th. 

Not diminishing his achievement or ability (I like him as a manager), but my point was that managers need time. 

He didn't have time to get them out of the division they had dropped to. If they had finished mid-table in League Two in his first season it would have been a significant failure. That's where we are at now but for some reason some are happy to accept finishing halfway up a league we should be looking to get straight out of. 

Plymouth signed 12 players in Lowe's first transfer window, so not at all different to us this summer, they hit the ground running with a completely new squad. 

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

We can shout his name until we're blue in the face, it will always be down to DC whether he comes or not, and you know what he's like when it comes to decisions 

My post was response to poster saying to give Moore time and build momentum.

DC clearly backs Moore, perhaps fans should ride the change and do the same?

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Plymouth signed 12 players in Lowe's first transfer window, so not at all different to us this summer,

On current form (last 6) Plymouth have 3 pts more than us which is not great (especially considering the points we gave away Saturday...and some previously)

In the real league table Plymouth have 7pts more than us but we have a game in hand...

So possibly 4 more..

The gap could get bigger or we might get closer.

My guess is Plymouth will have a bad run anytime soon...then he will be forgotten and some fans here will craving for the Sunderland...Wigan...Bolton ..insert any manager on a good run.

He might do well here..or he might not.

It's no doubt the same fans who wanted cooke, hughton ..

56 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

On current form (last 6) Plymouth have 3 pts more than us which is not great (especially considering the points we gave away Saturday...and some previously)

In the real league table Plymouth have 7pts more than us but we have a game in hand...

So possibly 4 more..

The gap could get bigger or we might get closer.

My guess is Plymouth will have a bad run anytime soon...then he will be forgotten and some fans here will craving for the Sunderland...Wigan...Bolton ..insert any manager on a good run.

He might do well here..or he might not.

It's no doubt the same fans who wanted cooke, hughton ..

I'm not comparing Plymouth this season, although they are in good form again under him. I am referring to the fact Lowe led them to promotion in his first season with 12 new signings, not dissimilar to where we are at in terms of approaching this season. 

I don't want us to change manager now, Moore shouldn't be sacked in the position we are in but nor should he get a full season if things don't improve in the next 2 or 3 months. 

I can see why people hold Lowe in high regard for his managerial record at this time.  

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

nor should he get a full season if things don't improve in the next 2 or 3 months. 

Agree with that..except

what if things are more or less the same, ie just outside the play offs in mid January..

But Moore brings in a couple of players.

Stick or twist?

I say mid Jan because there is little chance of Chansiri doing anything before...unless of course we see a complete collapse in form.

Will be interesting to see where Plymouth are whatever..

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Agree with that..except

what if things are more or less the same, ie just outside the play offs in mid January..

But Moore brings in a couple of players.

Stick or twist?

I say mid Jan because there is little chance of Chansiri doing anything before...unless of course we see a complete collapse in form.

Will be interesting to see where Plymouth are whatever..

Plymouth shouldn't be above us at this level, they have been a League One/Two yo-yo club in recent seasons so for Lowe to get them up in one go, have a stable season last season and improve on that this year is what they are looking at. On this basis, if they don't finish above us this season it doesn't automatically reflect that he is an inferior manager to Moore.

If we are still in touch come mid-January there would be no need to sack Moore, if we are still in touch by then I would expect we have a more settled approach and improved performances. 

38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not comparing Plymouth this season, although they are in good form again under him. I am referring to the fact Lowe led them to promotion in his first season with 12 new signings, not dissimilar to where we are at in terms of approaching this season. 

I don't want us to change manager now, Moore shouldn't be sacked in the position we are in but nor should he get a full season if things don't improve in the next 2 or 3 months. 

I can see why people hold Lowe in high regard for his managerial record at this time.  

They seem to react when a goal down, we dont