Andre Green Pt2

5 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

My oldest daughter started work recently, she's young - her first job.   

I probably shouldn't mention she support the other team in Sheffield but I can't help myself

Anyway, she served him today.   I was shocked when she told me, as it's the one of the lesser brand big shops in S6, just opened where the old Gas club was.

No idea what she thought of him, she just err, served him and that was it.

No actual story here.   Sorry!

Reported to social services 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bobness said:

Can't wait for part 2!

lol

Part 2 ...

Mr Hutchinson was shopping in sports Direct Meadowhall yesterday at approximately 12.30pm..

No mask worn, but a very nice Houndstooth Harrington style jacket adorning his shoulders ..

Nothing more to report ....

• Haha 3

Looks a player trying his hardest to regain old form after a long spell out of football before joining us. Lacking a bit of confidence and getting frustrated because he is trying too hard to get back to form.

I can see him being a great player when he gets his confidence and old form back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

First time on this site since the game yesterday - applied himself and did real well, one of our biggest threats - more of the same please in each and every game!

I thought he was better than he was in the last two games but I don’t necessarily think he played particularly well, or was too much of a threat. He looks devoid of confidence to me.

That said, I think Moore deserves some credit for giving him another chance v Donny. It would have been easy to drop him based on his first two performances of the season. We have to start giving players, especially the younger players, a run of games to prove themselves. It’s no good dropping players after 1 or 2 poor performances. For that reason, I hope Green starts again v Fleetwood to see if he can build on his improved display at the weekend.

Edited by WUGGAMONKEY1

Green definitely seems a confidence player. Last season showed nothing, in a poor relegated side. Quiet first too games this season, but after a bright start against Donny seemed to get better and grow into the game. Looked to get involved more, very skillful but gutted he didn't get a goal. 

We've got so many wide options, so it will be difficult to nail down a starting spot. But if he can keep playing well and keep out his competition that's only a good thing for us. 

Will fall out of the side sooner or later, and it's for the best.  

He's never applied himself in any game I've seen at all - he got countless b*llockings off players on the pitch on Saturday, he was coming in when he should've been running behind, bad choices and struggled to hold the ball up and is completely devoid of what to do in the final third, he just won't take on a player. 

We can't carry players and wait, he's got to step up  - he's played enough games at a higher level to know he needs to come out of the traps. Thankfully we have a few others win the wings ready to snap up his place. 

I honestly cannot see him doing the business, and I think he will become an impact player off the bench with 20 to go this year - useful for his pace. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He's never applied himself in any game I've seen at all - he got countless b*llockings off players on the pitch on Saturday, he was coming in when he should've been running behind, bad choices and struggled to hold the ball up and is completely devoid of what to do in the final third, he just won't take on a player. 

We can't carry players and wait, he's got to step up  - he's played enough games at a higher level to know he needs to come out of the traps. Thankfully we have a few others win the wings ready to snap up his place. 

I honestly cannot see him doing the business, and I think he will become an impact player off the bench with 20 to go this year - useful for his pace. 

Well at least you have given him a fair crack before writing him off 👍 that’s the spirit 

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

From what I have seen I agree. 

It's funny how people are jumping on this "he's only played 2 games" nonsense. He joined us in the middle of last season and he's been mostly useless the entire time. 

Hope he picks up with some regular game time but if he doesn't there's others who will hopefully take their chance. 

Critising anything at the moment is a sin so unfortunately you'll be labelled a 'troll'.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Part 2 ...

Mr Hutchinson was shopping in sports Direct Meadowhall yesterday at approximately 12.30pm..

No mask worn, but a very nice Houndstooth Harrington style jacket adorning his shoulders ..

Nothing more to report ....

Part 3

Nothing more to report…

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, poite said:

It's funny how people are jumping on this "he's only played 2 games" nonsense. He joined us in the middle of last season and he's been mostly useless the entire time. 

Hope he picks up with some regular game time but if he doesn't there's others who will hopefully take their chance. 

Critising anything at the moment is a sin so unfortunately you'll be labelled a 'troll'.

No you won’t 

Stop trying to pull that one to gain votes

Nobody is saying you can’t express an opinion on a player 

What people are saying is that of all the talking points about the start to the season, the win, the three points, the huge crowd, Bannans goal, the feel good factor, climbing the league etc that it’s a bit strange that some people fine Andre Green’s performance to be their priority

Thats all x

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, poite said:

Some are over scrutinising for every fault as mind's have been made up even on Saturday when he performed significantly  better than a couple of other, more vaunted, recruits.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No you won’t 

Stop trying to pull that one to gain votes

Nobody is saying you can’t express an opinion on a player 

What people are saying is that of all the talking points about the start to the season, the win, the three points, the huge crowd, Bannans goal, the feel good factor, climbing the league etc that it’s a bit strange that some people fine Andre Green’s performance to be their priority

Thats all x

Which is right to highlight is performance 

He was completely the weak link in the side Saturday - everybody else pretty much raised the game 

Byers and Brown were much more effective and the team looked a lot more confidence moving forward that finished the game. 

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can see him being one of those players that 1 in every 6 or 7 games will be unplayable and for the rest of the time poor to mediocre, which is probably one of the reasons he finds himself with us.  

Early days yet though. Will probably take 10-15 games to get everyone bed in and fully fit.