Andre Green Pt2

9 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Right, weird for quoting me then 👍

I quoted you to raise a point that when people are critical they get called trolls. 

That's not the same as accusing you of denying people an opinion. 

Edited by poite

I really think we need to afford him the same time we’re affording our new signings. He barely played last season and when he did it was obviously in difficult circumstances. 

Still think he’s more of a threat than Harris.

More to come from him & if he doesn’t hit the mark then he’s got plenty of competition.

So we don’t really need to worry.

• Love 3

Just now, poite said:

I quoted you to raise a point that when people are critical they called trolls. 

That's not the same as accusing you of denying people an opinion. 

There has been loads of critical opinions of Andre Green that I haven't called out as trolling, like the one you gave earlier that I quoted you on.

The one guy that was trolling I called out as trolling, because it's mind numbing and embarrassing that adults feel the need to troll to get attention. But more fool me, because I gave them it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

There has been loads of critical opinions of Andre Green that I haven't called out as trolling, like the one you gave earlier that I quoted you on.

The one guy that was trolling I called out as trolling, because it's mind numbing and embarrassing that adults feel the need to troll to get attention. But more fool me, because I gave them it.

Fair enough but it's an expression I've seen a few times on here lately and I don't always think it's called for. 

I hope Green can become an effective player but I'm struggling to see it at the moment. I'd be looking to take him out and give someone else a chance. Maybe some time out will help him, I dont know. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Fair enough but it's an expression I've seen a few times on here lately and I don't always think it's called for. 

I hope Green can become an effective player but I'm struggling to see it at the moment. I'd be looking to take him out and give someone else a chance. Maybe some time out will help him, I dont know. 

There were signs on Saturday,  especially first half, indicating why Moore picks him. Fitness aside I expect that Moore won't be taking him out just yet. He needs to build on Saturday. 

• Like 2

He was my pick in the predictions for Player of Year thread and I still think he’ll come good. I wouldn’t mind him dropping to bench and being brought on for last 30 minutes for a game or two. He’d be an awesome impact sub vs tired defenders. 

I think the criticism he’s received so far by many is a bit OTT. As we strive to be sustainable, there will be times when a player plays whilst they are being developed, nurtured, improved upon. We have to get behind them and help that development, not get on their backs or call for unknown loanees to replace them or call for a change of formation to avoid them playing. 

As a fanbase our support can really help a new look team full of youth and promise play attacking, expansive, risky football without fear of reprisal if it doesn’t come off. I want them to take risks, to be brave and not fearful of misplacing a pass so we keep passing back. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

There were signs on Saturday,  especially first half, indicating why Moore picks him. Fitness aside I expect that Moore won't be taking him out just yet. He needs to build on Saturday. 

Yeah, despite what I said I think you're right. I expect DM will stick with him.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

4 wide players didn't make the squad Saturday competition is going to ramp up shortly which should push everyone's levels

• Like 1

I was thinking the other night, i remember when we got murphy in on loan the other season who's very similar in style pace and attributes, he struggled them first 7/8 games and they where plenty slating him. 

Then he got a couple of goals snd a few good performances and he just took off and on of our best players over the season. Hopefully he can get get that goal he needs and his confidence up and we could see a completly different player by Christmas. 

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I think he was better against Doncaster and needs to keep improving.

I think he holds onto the ball too long, seems to beat a couple and then rather than a simple pass, loses it.

He does remind me of Harris. Harris would beat a man or two then have a brain fart on what to do next. I’m hoping Green becomes a lot more clinical in his decision making and not to doubt himself too much 

• Like 1