Andre Green Pt2

He's definitely a threat, if a bit rusty

Players that turn and run at defenders are worth their weight in gold, most players in modern football have been coached to turn back facing their own goal and play the safe pass

There's a lot more to come from this young man

• Like 7

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are we having a new thread after every game he plays now, then?

Green: the 2021 Nuhiu.

:duntmatter:

Eh? Did I miss the Owlstalk memo about the Nuhiu threads stopping? :ph34r:

• Haha 3

My oldest daughter started work recently, she's young - her first job.   

I probably shouldn't mention she support the other team in Sheffield but I can't help myself

Anyway, she served him today.   I was shocked when she told me, as it's the one of the lesser brand big shops in S6, just opened where the old Gas club was.

No idea what she thought of him, she just err, served him and that was it.

No actual story here.   Sorry!

• Haha 8

Out of interest as he was playing in Green position in pre season, what’s happened to Charles Hagan? 

He looked very lively, fast and direct from Greens side in pre season. 

Surely has to be loaned out. I thought he was going to have a big role this season before we went on our signing spree. I bet he did to, I wonder if he regrets signing the deal. 

Hopefully get him out on loan at least? 

Reminds me of Jeremy Helan,he looks likr his feet are too quick for his brain. 

Gets the ball stuck under his feet and struggled to turn. 

That said hopefully it's just becouse hesc been out so long and not played much competitive football on the last 18 months and he's just rusty, time will tell. I'll keep fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

He's definitely a threat, if a bit rusty

Players that turn and run at defenders are worth their weight in gold, most players in modern football have been coached to turn back facing their own goal and play the safe pass

There's a lot more to come from this young man

Yeah, it’s all well and good when you’ve got players that can ‘run’ at the opposition, but when there is no end product i.e Kadeem Harris then it doesn’t really make much difference. 

Green  certainly deserves a few more games but needs to start producing sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

My oldest daughter started work recently, she's young - her first job.   

I probably shouldn't mention she support the other team in Sheffield but I can't help myself

Anyway, she served him today.   I was shocked when she told me, as it's the one of the lesser brand big shops in S6, just opened where the old Gas club was.

No idea what she thought of him, she just err, served him and that was it.

No actual story here.   Sorry!

Can't wait for part 2!

lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I read it or heard someone say it. But I agree with it...I do think he might  be better deployed on the left and coming inside with it. 

We'd be foolish to write a lad off two games into a looooong season ahead.

I think he would too. Would have to play Brown at left back to help provide width as Palmer wants to cut back in himself when at left back.

His performance against Doncaster while still not that good was an improvement on Charlton. To me that’s good enough reason to keep with him.

I can't knock his effort, when it all clicks for Green, he'll be a match winner for sure.

Moore showed he can make in game tactical adjustments, bringing on a CM for a RW. It seemed to click when Byers replaced Green. It almost forced Bannan to move forward and not drop deep for the ball.

We have an abundance of forward options for LW, CF and RW. I want Bannan and Wing to ask those questions of the forwards, give them good enough service to prove which combination deserves the forward line.

• Like 1