OFFICIAL - SWFC SIGN NEW FORWARD SYLLA SOW

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m wondering if Paterson will be on his way. We now have FIVE centre forwards. Paterson, Gregory, Kamberi, Sow and Adedoyin. Of course Korede could go out on loan but seems far too many to me when we only play with one striker 

And the club thinks Windass and Corbenau are Forwards. Shodipo, Green and Johnson however, are midfielders

7 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

If its the video I watched I think it was just the 4 goals and 2 assists he got in a particular season rather than going through his entire career and picking out the best moments.

Yep was that one, couldn't find another, so a bit of an unknown

11 hours ago, Pieman said:

Hang on a minute. I thought we couldn’t sign foreign players, unless they’d scored a hatrick in the World Cup final, after Brexit 🤣

He is an established regular for a team in the Eredivisie, which is a Band 2 league.  

The rules really aren't that complicated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheRedanator said:

Could end up being another Danny Uchechi, whos currently applying his trade for East Grinstead Town I've just found out

Uchechi was a 21 year-old without a first-team appearance to his name when we signed him.

Sow is a 25 year-old with nigh on 50 appearances in the Eredivisie and almost 100 appearances in the Dutch second tier under his belt.

I'm struggling to see the comparison, to be honest.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Uchechi was a 21 year-old without a first-team appearance to his name when we signed him.

Sow is a 25 year-old with nigh on 50 appearances in the Eredivisie and almost 100 appearances in the Dutch second tier under his belt.

I'm struggling to see the comparison, to be honest.

Bang on. I really think people just pluck names out and compare without actually doing any research. 

• Like 2

Know nothing about him. As long as he's reasonably fast, will run towards the opposition goal and can chip in with goals, he'll do for me. 

I get the sense we have perhaps focused on quantity over quality up front, that said it was a decimated department, it is a long season and maybe hedging our bets. Also, not being allowed to pay fees, rather limits choice 

Plenty of options, hope some will come good and have to trust Moore's strategy.

44 minutes ago, striker said:

Know nothing about him. As long as he's reasonably fast, will run towards the opposition goal and can chip in with goals, he'll do for me. 

I get the sense we have perhaps focused on quantity over quality up front, that said it was a decimated department, it is a long season and maybe hedging our bets. Also, not being allowed to pay fees, rather limits choice 

Plenty of options, hope some will come good and have to trust Moore's strategy.

Which I think includes goals from all over the park. Let’s say Green gets to byline and crosses from the right (based on Satdees team), we should have Brown, Kambers and Wing in the box as an absolute minimum, with Adrenalin/Banna and Palmer arriving later. If we regularly get those 5 players in the box a) we will score plenty b) goals will be shared around. Hopefully, that’s the plan anyway.

Found this on his Wiki page. Urby WAS real then. 

"On 29 April 2018, Sow made his debut in the Eredivisie for FC Utrecht in a match against Heracles Almelo, which ended in a 2–2 draw. He came on as a substitute in the 81st minute for Urby Emanuelson, but was unable to score"