Premier League 21/22

On 20/03/2022 at 01:02, Ever the pessimist said:

Think the current bottom three go down. They must be deflated by Everton and Leeds winning in the last few days.

Watford may put up a fight with the odd win here and there, but to no avail.

I hope Everton drop, but think you’re right and it’ll be the current three 

On 21/03/2022 at 15:31, Geedee said:

Because there is a chance that Wednesday could be in the championship next year, I would like the smallest clubs possible to be relegated from the premiership.

Going to Goodison would be class! And probably our last chance before it closes. 

And you say small clubs but Norwich, Burnley and Watford have shown to be very effective at that level. 

On 20/03/2022 at 01:02, Ever the pessimist said:

Think the current bottom three go down. They must be deflated by Everton and Leeds winning in the last few days.

Watford may put up a fight with the odd win here and there, but to no avail.

Probably correct, but Everton may need a last day result the way they are going

Watford have got to play all of the teams immediately around them - more than feasible that they can get the points as they have by some distance the most firepower

Leeds and Everton really struggle to score but can't keep clean sheets  - Leeds look like they may have the points in the bag but they have a horrible run-in after Watford - which is why they really needed to beat Saints

Everton just have that haunted look about them

It depends how they all get on against each other but Everton just don't seem to have much going for them now

1 hour ago, scram said:

Watford have got to play all of the teams immediately around them - more than feasible that they can get the points as they have by some distance the most firepower

Leeds and Everton really struggle to score but can't keep clean sheets  - Leeds look like they may have the points in the bag but they have a horrible run-in after Watford - which is why they really needed to beat Saints

Everton just have that haunted look about them

It depends how they all get on against each other but Everton just don't seem to have much going for them now

Everton are playing like that team who didn't expect to be down there. Now they are, some seem to have lost that "desire" to get them out of it.

People like Alli are the last players you'd want in a relegation scrap.

Watford and Norwich were expected to be down there, therefore their players despite lacking the quality will give their all.

Burnley similar situation. 

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Arsenal are going to blow top 4 again aren’t they lol 

I thought that palace signing Patrick vieira was a nail in their relegation coffin. Proved very wrong. 

Atmosphere always appears really good down there too

16 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

I thought that palace signing Patrick vieira was a nail in their relegation coffin. Proved very wrong. 

Agreed. They make a real effort to create an atmosphere, wish we could do something similar 

Edited by owls maniac

18 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

I know its only the MLS but he looked as if he was doing a decent job with New York. Always thought one day, he'll be managing in the top flight

First season at Nice he did well but then the second season wasn't going smoothly before he got sacked

Long shout seen as we have Mount, Foden, Phillips, Grealish, Rice, Henderson, Bellingham, Ward-Prowse, but i'd be starting Gallagher at the World Cup. For me he's the one out of them all who's got a bit of everything. He's the stand out player this season out of all the above, he scores goals (the same as mount with the 8, and more than Foden) he presses and covers every blade of grass, he's tenacious and loves the dirty work, but I can't see Southgate dropping one of his favourites to play Gallagher from the start in any WC game. Grealish struggled to start games at the Euros so Gallagher has no chance unfortuntely. He'll be playing week in week out for Chelsea next season