Premier League 21/22

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I think the only fixture anyone’s bothered about this weekend is City vs Liverpool. 

Not heard much about anything else. 

Pretty much...though Everton v Man U is pretty intriguing. 

El Crappico that one. 

Didn't see that coming for Everton tbh

Hopefully they've turned a corner

both everton and utd are like different level versions of each other

Huge systemic problems that seem to go so deep they can't get on an even keel

If Everton stay up then lampard will get probably until january to make a case for him staying in the role

F*ck knows where utd go from here

They need major extensive surgery - not just a few more sticking plasters

Are Spurs gonna get genuinely competitive - or are they just being Spurs....

I hope they finish 4th - probably too late to catch Chelsea for 3rd

Them and Arsenal seem to polarise each other - one does well the other fades and vice versa

Watched Arsenal a couple of weeks ago v Watford and they looked rubbish i thought - rescued by a cameo from Saka

Lacayzette was embarrassing - if thats their skipper and he sets the template then theres no wonder they're dropping like a stone

6 hours ago, scram said:

both everton and utd are like different level versions of each other

Heard this comparison the other day, Man U being a big version of Everton. 

Poorly run on the football side with squads put together with no plan, going nowhere. 

Man U with the higher expectations obviously. 

Side note: I think Everton were in better ‘form’ than Man U prior to today’s game… and since. 

2 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Absolutely. Gary Neville spouting all that nonsense about him not being right for Man U etc. 

Tbf to Neville, I think his point (in part) was that a manager like Conte would never work within the structure (or lack thereof) that the Glazers have implemented. 

Essentially. the Glazers want a yes man who will hopefully get them Champions League football most seasons. As manager of Manchester United, Antonio Conte would be expecting to have the resources to compete with City and Liverpool. 

Edited by SiJ

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf to Neville, I think his point (in part) was that a manager like Conte would never work within the structure (or lack thereof) that the Glazers have implemented. 

Essentially. the Glazers want a yes man who will hopefully get them Champions League football most seasons. As manager of Manchester United, Antonio Conte would be expecting to have the resources to compete with City and Liverpool. 

Yeah that’s very true. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

That’s not unreasonable to be fair - a club like Man United should be competing at the top. Still funny to see how bad they are though 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

What a terrible result for Burnley today especially with Everton winning. Really enjoy watching Spurs. Hope they get the 4th place. 

This is why the bottom 3 positions can still change quite a it

Nobody is taking control - just when you think a team have done enough to sort themselves out they fall back again

As daft as it may look Watford are still in with a decent shout - they have some winnable games coming up - their form suggests they won't win - but it's far from the bounds of credulity that they can get those points

Leeds look a win away from certain safety - newcastle look safe

But everton, burnley, watford and norwich all have chances 

Obviously it's in Everton's hands but their form has been so wretched and they have a tough run of games