Premier League 21/22

On 03/04/2022 at 22:48, owls maniac said:

Going to Goodison would be class! And probably our last chance before it closes. 

And you say small clubs but Norwich, Burnley and Watford have shown to be very effective at that level. 

Goodison is a great traditional ground that will be greatly missed by me and many who have been there.

But my bottom line is always what benefits Wednesday, the clubs you mention are clubs in our immediate pier group , Everton are a very big club that will always be a challenge for us.

39 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Goodison is a great traditional ground that will be greatly missed by me and many who have been there.

But my bottom line is always what benefits Wednesday, the clubs you mention are clubs in our immediate pier group , Everton are a very big club that will always be a challenge for us.

Maybe but sometimes a bigger club makes them more dysfunctional. They could easily end up like Villa and take 3 years to get back up. Whereas Watford, Norwich and Burnley have all shown they can return almost instantly. For the novelty factor alone I want Everton down. 

• Like 1

I mean...when you actually think about it...

They sack Rafa having let him flog off Digne (their best player) and replace him with another left back. 

They then replace Rafa with a bloke who has zero experience of fighting relegation, either as  a player or manager, and bring in Dele Ali. 

Edited by SiJ

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Can’t work out how they’d do if they dropped - would they go straight back up like the Geordies or struggle like us and countless other teams? 

With their current ownership, I wouldn't rule anything out. 

7 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Still hoping Leeds drop rather than Everton. Looks like Burnley and Watford have some winnable games in the run in so who knows what could happen.

Sadly I think Leeds have just enough points on the board now, and some winnable games left to play. They probably only need another 6 or 7 points to stay up. It’s between Everton and Burnley for that final spot I reckon 

Sounds like an odd thing to say given they’re not even in the bottom 3, but it would be a great escape from Everton to avoid the drop now IMO. 

We’ve seen it with big clubs when things turn. The players look shell shocked- not even fearful, it’s more like they can’t even process what’s happening and that they’re in a relegation battle. 

A manager who has never been in a relegation scrap, and players who have little previous for scrapping. Recipe for disaster. 

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Everton next 3 fixtures:

Man Utd (H)

Leicester (H)

Liverpool (A)

They are in deep trouble 

That's a nasty run of fixtures. Be interesting to see what the build up to the Merseyside Derby is like. Normally it's billed as a friendly affair, fans sitting together and being happy little scousers who wouldn't harm anyone. 

• Like 1

Everton have been in a death spiral for quite a while

I just can't see how their form turns around

The only team down so far is Norwich imo

The others have to play each other and the outcome of those games will determine who joins them but currently it's looking like Everton are one of the favourites

• Like 1