Darren Moore evening - what Moore said

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

From the sounds of it, Moore and Chansiri have a very good relationship. While neglecting to outline a long-term plan, he did confirm that they had had discussions over what needs to take place and happen to get the club back to the Premier League. Judging by the signings, it appears Chansiri has listened.

Sounds like there’s been a complete reset at the club. Encouraging that D.C. and DM seem to be getting on really well and have a mutual trust.

We’ve had a good summer so far and long may it continue. 
Thanks for the post TP

It was adeniran who we pulled away from a championship club I remember hearing it mentioned when we signed him 

DM really is to good for this league, he needs to be backed for a few seasons I’m not expecting much this season but we might be surprised .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Talked on Corbeanu and how he is such a tricky winger who can play on either side. He can go inside or outside and that's what makes him unpredictable. Very different to Mode Shodipo, who he said always takes up very threatening positions in the box, even when the ball is on the opposing flank. He said that he believes the culture and atmosphere around the club has changed and improved. Says there are talks at the moment about the youth setup and what needs to change to improve that, while also saying that he has stopped some practices that were going on before his arrival, hinting at the influence of advisors.

thanks for posting this, sort of info that helps the fans come around to the new regime

I guess there are several questions us Owls fans would want to hear Moore's views and opinions on. However, with the start of the season fast approaching, I think the one that should have been asked and answered is:

Bear versus Shark?

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I thought the Youth Academy would be one of the first things he’d look to improve. I see a long term project under Moore and perhaps so does Chansiri?

I hope so, it is what I have been calling for the past 40 years, build the club before the 1st team, that way lie's lasting success.

• Like 4

After feeling like we need a Technical Director / Director of Football role for ages Moore feels like the first manager we’ve had who is able (or has been allowed) to take a wide enough view of the club to fulfil those as well as being manager. 

Players clearly want to move here to play for him, he seems to have a view on how a club should be structured from youth up, he seems to have had a plan in the transfer market and has executed it. Great stuff all around. 

I just hope the on field aspect of his management can match the off field. 

• Like 1

It seems to me we have acquired a manager prepared to challenge the owners methods at the very same time the owner has opened up to the realisation that he needs help. At least I hope that’s the case……

Thanks @Tony Pulis

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Moore is such a calm person for the brute size of him, club needed someone like that to come in with a clear head and a plan. 

Sounds like Chansiri is listening and they have good relationship. 

People have moved on and Moore is stamping his ideas in all of the club by the sounds of it. 

Could be Chansiris best appointment and it’s Well done to both for the pre season recruiting. Just shows you don’t have to throw millions at it. 

1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

What did he say about the battle of bramall lane?

That whole day was carnage.

I do laugh at Russell Holt playing a bouncer, preventing him from getting to Suffo. The linesman was holding his arm at one point

lol

A year earlier he had met George Santos in hospital in Sheffield after suffering an injury whilst playing for Portsmouth. Santos was suffering with the cheekbone injury caused by Andy Johnson. Strangely, he ended up signing for West Brom that summer with Andy Johnson, eventually leading to the Santos tackle and the fights on the pitch

4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Whatever happens, I hope we give DM at least 3 - 4 seasons to implement his plans and vision. There is no doubt he'll leave us in a much better situation than the one he came into last season. 

Of course you're dead right, but in these days of instant gratification it seems unlikely, but maybe, just maybe, if we create a plan and stick to it, we might just end up doing a Brentford.  But will the impatient ones put up with this??  Time will tell....

Edited by hangonrose
Posted too soon
  • Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

thanks for posting this, sort of info that helps the fans come around to the new regime

Agreed