Darren Moore evening - what Moore said

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know when you read stuff like 'Jury is out on him still' or 'I'll keep my powder dry till I see how the first few games go' 

That's just people waiting for and dying for a chance to slate him

Keep an eye out for those kind of posts then watch their posts if/when Darren Moore loses a game..

I'm waiting for a few games to see how it goes. I've no intention of slating Moore if things go wrong,( well if we end up in a relegation battle I might).  I tend to stick with managers until they are fired.

I really don't know how this season will go. I 'think' we could do really well but with so many new players anything could happen. It's going to be 'interesting' to see what happens.

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, prowl said:

I'm waiting for a few games to see how it goes. I've no intention of slating Moore if things go wrong,( well if we end up in a relegation battle I might).  I tend to stick with managers until they are fired.

I really don't know how this season will go. I 'think' we could do really well but with so many new players anything could happen. It's going to be 'interesting' to see what happens.

I'll be absolutely delighted with mid table - and Moore will have worked a miracle to deliver that

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I'll be absolutely delighted with mid table - and Moore will have worked a miracle to deliver that

I may be miserable,  but mid table after signing anew team is not what I expect in League 1.I expect play offs. Other wise the new players and team will have proved to be inadequate 

I like Moore and am delighted with the squad he has put together through free signing and loan players. I'm still thinking we are going to be mid-table, but if we strengthen again in Jan we might have a sniff at playoffs. As to how good he is at getting the best out of the squad of course remains to be seen, but he has been signing square pegs for square holes and building a balanced squad so he clearly knows his business.  

I am going to be giving him 100% of my support throughout the whole season regardless of results. I think he's worked his nads off this transfer window and I honestly think he deserves a full 'moan free' year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You know when you read stuff like 'Jury is out on him still' or 'I'll keep my powder dry till I see how the first few games go' 

That's just people waiting for and dying for a chance to slate him

Keep an eye out for those kind of posts then watch their posts if/when Darren Moore loses a game..

With his business pre season and him stopping DC meddling in team affairs, he's already a miracle worker in my eyes

I've got a feeling we're in for a hell of a season - in the best possible way

If we get promoted - amazing,

if we finish midtable but look to be heading in the right direction with a plan - amazing

Either way Ive got a feeling he's going to go down as a legend at Hillsborough

• Like 2

Mid table is what may well happen but that won’t be the target. The vast majority of our signings are just for the year and a lot of the players that were here already have only one year left on their current contracts. This season IMO is being looked at as a one off. Wherever we finish will determine the next step but I’m totally behind Darren Moore whatever happens.

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

I may be miserable,  but mid table after signing anew team is not what I expect in League 1.I expect play offs. Other wise the new players and team will have proved to be inadequate 

You've got to bear in mind we've assembled this tean on what is supposed to be a shoestring.  We've done well to get the players we have, it could have been a lot worse. I'm optimistic but realistic.

It's probably going to take more than one window to build a promotion team.

• Like 3