Darren Moore evening - what Moore said

2 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Hi there,

I attended the evening and I must say it was a great event. Any questions on the event I would be happy to answer on what Moore said (I am sure others who went will do the same). Said the chairman and him speak every day and that Chansiri has backed him significantly with the signings. Moore said Chansiri hopes to attend the Doncaster game. He also said one player that we have signed, was pinched from under the noses of a Championship club. Said player had attended a medical and was in club ready to sign a contract, only to change his mind at last minute and come to us. Just some key parts from an insightful evening

Was waiting for this thread to pop up!

Personally I don’t have many questions so a general overview (if you can be bothered) would be fantastic. 

Did he mention anything on the new coach, any more signings, dressing room atmosphere?

3 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Hi there,

I attended the evening and I must say it was a great event. Any questions on the event I would be happy to answer on what Moore said (I am sure others who went will do the same). Said the chairman and him speak every day and that Chansiri has backed him significantly with the signings. Moore said Chansiri hopes to attend the Doncaster game. He also said one player that we have signed, was pinched from under the noses of a Championship club. Said player had attended a medical and was in club ready to sign a contract, only to change his mind at last minute and come to us. Just some key parts from an insightful evening

Who was the player, or did he not say.

Didn't take full minutes. Lots of time was spent talking about Moore's career and his experience as a player. Talked about the battle of Bramall Lane and missing his dream of meeting Alex Ferguson by two minutes. Talked about meeting Roy Keane and how he was the only person who made Keane sh*t himself. In terms of coaching staff, he said he is close to completing it. He said he still expects a couple of arrivals and the 'balance' is not there yet. 

• Like 7

I imagine there will more coming through tomorrow as Moore was sat on a table with all the local journalists. In an unrelated note, some of the auction items:

Pre-season signed shirt went for £150

Home signed shirt went for £300

Away signed shirt went for £180

Box and meal for 4 went for £520

10 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Didn't take full minutes. Lots of time was spent talking about Moore's career and his experience as a player. Talked about the battle of Bramall Lane and missing his dream of meeting Alex Ferguson by two minutes. Talked about meeting Roy Keane and how he was the only person who made Keane sh*t himself. In terms of coaching staff, he said he is close to completing it. He said he still expects a couple of arrivals and the 'balance' is not there yet. 

Was that when game was called off coz sheff utd had to many sent off. Megson was the wba coach. Didn't he tell Moore if any of ours get sent off you all getting fined or something.

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was that when game was called off coz sheff utd had to many sent off. Megson was the wba coach. Didn't he tell Moore if any of ours get sent off you all getting fined or something.

Yes that was the game. Moore said that Megson threatened to sub him off because he was dilly dallying on the half-way line, rather than trying to push forward for another goal

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

He also said one player that we have signed, was pinched from under the noses of a Championship club. Said player had attended a medical and was in club ready to sign a contract, only to change his mind at last minute and come to us. Just some key parts from an insightful evening

Pretty sure that was Adeniran he mentioned in his video interview something about a u-turn allowing us to sign him: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-new-boy-dennis-adeniran-on-his-initiation-song-fighting-for-his-shirt-and-learning-from-barry-bannan-3334076

The youngster was close to signing for a Championship side just weeks ago before a u-turn pointed him in the direction of South Yorkshire, encouraged by reports of Darren Moore’s management style.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Talked on Corbeanu and how he is such a tricky winger who can play on either side. He can go inside or outside and that's what makes him unpredictable. Very different to Mode Shodipo, who he said always takes up very threatening positions in the box, even when the ball is on the opposing flank. He said that he believes the culture and atmosphere around the club has changed and improved. Says there are talks at the moment about the youth setup and what needs to change to improve that, while also saying that he has stopped some practices that were going on before his arrival, hinting at the influence of advisors.

I thought the Youth Academy would be one of the first things he’d look to improve. I see a long term project under Moore and perhaps so does Chansiri?

• Like 4

was this last night? if he wants 2 more it might be another striker who can find the net and poss defender who can play centre defence/left back. can see 1-2 leaving patterson and hunt but thats only if there are any takers as either player offers a great deal.

Edited by morganowl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I thought the Youth Academy would be one of the first things he’d look to improve. I see a long term project under Moore and perhaps so does Chansiri?

From the sounds of it, Moore and Chansiri have a very good relationship. While neglecting to outline a long-term plan, he did confirm that they had had discussions over what needs to take place and happen to get the club back to the Premier League. Judging by the signings, it appears Chansiri has listened.

• Like 8