Darren Moore evening - what Moore said

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oooh that's good - who won it?

Ashley Carson

I presume he checked whether Chesterfield were at home that day first :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Jim said:

I thought the Youth Academy would be one of the first things he’d look to improve. I see a long term project under Moore and perhaps so does Chansiri?

I'd be happy for it to be a long term project if the general direction is upwards. I don't know what to expect this season. I think we have stopped the rot at least, which is a releif. I'm hoping for a great season but would settle for midtable.

Moore seems to be a breath of fresh air. Steady progress and he will have my wholehearted support.

My main worry is that if we do really well he will get poached by a club higher up the pyramid. He's an ambitious guy which is why he left Doncaster for us. Hopefully if we do well he will believe he can get us back to the top flight and will stick around and become a legend. I suppose that depends on DC behaving himself and stopping meddling.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Praying that Moore starts to get good results when the season begins so that his methods are proved to be right.  It would be terrible if the team fails to perform and Chansiri goes back to his old ways and advisors.   

Really sounds like a reset button has been pressed and Chansiri is letting the club be run how it should be, by the manager and a decent recruitment team.  

Next step is getting outside investment for the shirt sponsor and maybe hiring a CEO to help run and be the public face of the club 

3 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

I guess there are several questions us Owls fans would want to hear Moore's views and opinions on. However, with the start of the season fast approaching, I think the one that should have been asked and answered is:

Bear versus Shark?

On land or in fairly shallow water bear hands down. I mean for a shark to win there it’d be a snatch and grab away win. Bears can swim but drag them deep into the sea and it’s home advantage to the shark. 

Either way I reckon Moore would stand his own against either and in any environment. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

On land or in fairly shallow water bear hands down. I mean for a shark to win there it’d be a snatch and grab away win. Bears can swim but drag them deep into the sea and it’s home advantage to the shark. 

Either way I reckon Moore would stand his own against either and in any environment. 

You've played this game before. That's not fair lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Ashley Carson

I presume he checked whether Chesterfield were at home that day first :ph34r:

Ashley is a decent guy and a Wednesdayite.
I know his reputation suffered cos of his friendship with Dave Allen but he was incredibly kind to my son, who has mental health problems, when he was at the club 

Some may have different stories but I can only go on how thoughtful he was at that time 

• Like 3

Guest T Hardy
16 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Who was the player, or did he not say.

My guess would be Jack Hunt, who is a good full back at Championship level 

Would make sense as he’s a Yorkshire lad and will be able to live at home, perhaps turned down a southern Championship team 

Edited by T Hardy

5 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

How well do we want Moore to do? If he does too well, some club will have him away.

To be fair I want him to do very well, if he does well, we do well. I f we can get promoted and succeed where we failed last time in the championship and actually achieve promotion sure he'll have people looking at him but if it's something he's built from the ground up and made succeed he might wanna see how it plays out. He's still young. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

How well do we want Moore to do? If he does too well, some club will have him away.

Moore seems to really like what he's doing here. If he is given pretty much a free hand and is successful that alone could be enough to keep him here, regardless of any other offers that may come his way.

Being able to create a club completely in your own image is a rare opportunity these days and is priceless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prowl said:

I'd be happy for it to be a long term project if the general direction is upwards. I don't know what to expect this season. I think we have stopped the rot at least, which is a releif. I'm hoping for a great season but would settle for midtable.

Moore seems to be a breath of fresh air. Steady progress and he will have my wholehearted support.

My main worry is that if we do really well he will get poached by a club higher up the pyramid. He's an ambitious guy which is why he left Doncaster for us. Hopefully if we do well he will believe he can get us back to the top flight and will stick around and become a legend. I suppose that depends on DC behaving himself and stopping meddling.

Onwards and upwards.

Of course, if he does well, he could be poached. But, I actually think Daz is the kind of man who would want to follow through on ‘the project’ and it would need to be a ridiculous offer to tempt him. By that I don’t think it’s all about money with him. He would want a challenge that he could overcome.

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Of course, if he does well, he could be poached. But, I actually think Daz is the kind of man who would want to follow through on ‘the project’ and it would need to be a ridiculous offer to tempt him. By that I don’t think it’s all about money with him. He would want a challenge that he could overcome.

Doncaster fans thought that.

If things go well I hope he stays, it would be nice to have a period of stability at the club after the turmoil of the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

If things go well I hope he stays, it would be nice to have a period of stability at the club after the turmoil of the last couple of years.

On living in Sheffield…

From being in petrol stations or walking around the city people have passed on their regards and wished me well. I’ve moved to Sheffield and I’m committed to the club, I want to be here and I’m pleased to be in this wonderful city. 

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

Right now, other than maybe Sunderland is there a bigger challenge than resurrecting Wednesday?

Can't think of one.