The Ipswich Fans View on us

Personally I do see the season evolving into a battle with Ipswich

That’s why I was interested to see their view

They have the momentum of the takeover, a strong manager, his recruitment seems to be a similar target range to ours

I think we will both be up there, it’s just Wednesday always carry the uncertainty of our off field matters, all that risk needs to be swiftly mitigated and managed if there is to be any confidence rebuilt with the owner

Would be the end for DC if something like that was to impact on all of Moore’s hard work this summer

Guest Mcguigan
50 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

We have 2 strikers  granted one injured and one untested in this league. That will change soon though, and we have goal threats all over the pitch which we haven't for last 4 seasons.

Draws first competitive game of the season 0-0.

Our keeper ought to be one of the best in the league and our back 4 - barring injuries - looks very strong. 

Loads of options in midfield with real quality in the likes of Bannan, Wing & Luongo all of whom would be comfortable in the championship 

Like many have said it’s the goals that is a slight worry. But it only needs a couple out of Windass, Camberi, Corbeanu, Paterson, Shodipo and Green to hit 15 goals and we should be right up there. Windass and Paterson got around double figures last year in a dire season in a higher division and didn’t Shodipo get 11 goals for Oxford…? So they’re all capable. 

If we can strike a winning formula up front and avoid the annual injury crisis I wouldn’t rule out top two. But if pushed I’d say… 4th

Honestly anywhere from 1st to 8th all depends on who we bring in for that vitally important no 9 role. 

January transfer window will be key if Iorfa is playing as well as he can we might lose him to a big transfer bid.

Feeling positive let’s hope for a league and pizza cup double

29 minutes ago, benni8 said:

I think your in for a rude awakening.

Let's get a point after going behind first eh?  then let's build from there.

Bipolar on this forum sometimes.

This will take time.

I don't think so.

We have the best squad by a mile in this league. Nothing but top 6 is acceptable for Moore.

Teams would kill for the likes of Hunt, Iorfa, Hutchinson, Bannan, Wing and a few others.

Moore just has to get them to gel (his job) and we will do well not to come top 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long season, as mentioned in another thread, Blackpool were 12th after 23 games last season (start of February) and went up through the play offs. It might take a few games to all come together, but if/when it does, we could/should be one of the top teams at this level with the players we have.

Can’t wait for the season to start, haven’t looked forward to watching Wednesday like this in bloody ages

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Seen a few predictions from different L1 teams fans, youtube, journalists etc. 

Common theme I've noticed is many have us down to finish around 9th. 

Many presume we will lose a lot more of our players at the end of the window. Charlton fans seem convinced Bannan and Windass are off. (Obviously not true but let them think that). 

A lot of teams think we are in financial turmoil and probably compare us to a Bolton or Wigan. Again, no evidence for this moving forward now. Especially with wages paid and rebalance of wages and income coming in. However, Chansiri is unpredictable and untrustworthy.

A few have us to be autos and play offs on reputation and recruitment. 

Same with all predictions though. However, I do think we are presumed by many to be in absolute disarray when in reality this summer and the squad and manager looks the most settled and promising we've had for years. 

Would take 9th if offered it today for what is bound to be a rebuild and transition season

16 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

It's a top 2 squad, nobody has better in the league.

Sides grabbing a load of players decent at this level still means they are good L1 players and nothing more.

If we are anywhere near autos I expect we can out spend everyone later in the season too.

My uncle is an Ipswich ST holder and has us to be top 2 with them.

Not sure if it is a top 2 side in League One, but it certainly can't be far of.

But remember that League One will be bit of a cultural shock to some players we have, that our squad didn't have time to gel together and that we can only guess how well will they all "click together".

We will have target on our backs next season and will be Cup final game to few of those rugged League One squads that know league inside out will give most sides hard  away games.

It took lot of time and lot of money for some very good sides to get out of this league and it was never as good as it will be next season.

6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I don't think so.

We have the best squad by a mile in this league. Nothing but top 6 is acceptable for Moore.

Teams would kill for the likes of Hunt, Iorfa, Hutchinson, Bannan, Wing and a few others.

Moore just has to get them to gel (his job) and we will do well not to come top 6.

This isn't fifa.

You cant instantly recover from 2 years of trauma..  simply because a load of loans signings that you most likely had never even heard of prior have walked through the door.

There is alot more to football than moving the furniture around.

They were cheap and free for a reason.

If we are 10th at Xmas..  that would be a good showing for me in reality world.

As I clearly recall teams would of killed for Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Rhodes, forestieri etc.. look were that got us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, benni8 said:

This isn't fifa.

You cant instantly recover from 2 years of trauma..  simply because a load of loans signings that you most likely had never even heard of prior have walked through the door.

There is alot more to football than moving the furniture around.

They were cheap and free for a reason.

If we are 10th at Xmas..  that would be a good showing for me in reality world.

As I clearly recall teams would of killed for Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Rhodes, forestieri etc.. look were that got us.

Last time we made a load of signings like this in league one we came top 6.

Last time we made a load of signings like this in the Championship we came top 6.

15 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I don't think so.

I admire your optimism and really hope that you are right in your appraisal. Bannan and Hutchinson were part of a truly dreadful team last season (remember defeats to Rovrum, Wycombe, Forest etc). Although fans favourites for their commitment and affinity to SWFC they were poor Championship level. Hunt is deemed surplus to requirements at Brizzle who were almost as poor as us. Lots of the other signings are unknown and untried and could literally be revelations or rubbish. Wing and Shodipo look like very good business. I’m predicting mid table and hoping we don’t get dragged into a relegation fight but hoping to be proved spectacularly wrong. 

4 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Last time we made a load of signings like this in league one we came top 6.

Last time we made a load of signings like this in the Championship we came top 6.

Thanks for that. Your right. I forgot the universe works in patterns. 🙄 Silly me.

Making a load of free signings under a transfer ban(ish), is exactly like what we did getting to the playoffs. 

I remember the days well when adbi was signing for free and on 3k a week.

Just for clarity... there are completely different. Sorry but that's just facts.

Look at some of the teams down here, unlike last time there’s some huge clubs with some good players within their ranks. Look how the likes of Sunderland have struggled even after spending a fair amount on decent players. It’s not going to be like the previous times in more recent years we’ve been down here.

However, I do feel more positive with our recruitment and Moore at the helm. But it’s going to take time and there’ll be many ups and downs as usual. 

Personally think we might start a bit slower than we want or planned, with us needing to first settle into our stride and find out our best 11/ideal formation. I do think once we are up and running though, we will likely finish in or around the top 6, but not going to say we are dead certs for going up. 

Anyone that thinks this leagues going to be a cake walk needs to remember the last times we were down here. We got a few drubbings off teams we expected to beat and we also got made to look very ordinary a good few times too. We will be looked at as a big scalp in this division, and teams will up thier game/play dirty/put 10 men behind the ball, all in order to try and get something from us. its going to be  an interesting one thats for sure.