The Ipswich Fans View on us

Seen a few predictions from different L1 teams fans, youtube, journalists etc. 

Common theme I've noticed is many have us down to finish around 9th. 

Many presume we will lose a lot more of our players at the end of the window. Charlton fans seem convinced Bannan and Windass are off. (Obviously not true but let them think that). 

A lot of teams think we are in financial turmoil and probably compare us to a Bolton or Wigan. Again, no evidence for this moving forward now. Especially with wages paid and rebalance of wages and income coming in. However, Chansiri is unpredictable and untrustworthy.

A few have us to be autos and play offs on reputation and recruitment. 

Same with all predictions though. However, I do think we are presumed by many to be in absolute disarray when in reality this summer and the squad and manager looks the most settled and promising we've had for years. 

• Like 4

Blimey they're optimistic about our chances in the main. They also think they'll be up there too, as well as Rotherham it seems. Guess time will tell but they're more optimistic than me I reckon. I can see us mid table to lower playoffs at best at the moment, unless we find a way to score goals. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Quite a few got us down to win the league

Not bad without a striker on the books🙃

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1

We have 2 strikers  granted one injured and one untested in this league. That will change soon though, and we have goal threats all over the pitch which we haven't for last 4 seasons.

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

A lot of teams think we are in financial turmoil and probably compare us to a Bolton or Wigan. Again, no evidence for this moving forward now. Especially with wages paid and rebalance of wages and income coming in. However, Chansiri is unpredictable and untrustworthy.

I take it the repayment of the loan Chansiri took out against the ground is still due in the next month or so?

We will make the playoffs even if we don't sign a striker imo. League 1 is dreadful and we have far too much for some of the smaller sides.

We have a good manager now and some good feeling about the club.

It will be hard for any striker we have to not score with Bannan, Luongo, Wing, Shodipo and the Wolves lad supplying. Patterson does need replacing but he managed 9 last season with some dire creativity behind him. He will get at least 10 goals anyway.

We will get a striker and imo should be aiming for nothing less than top 2.

Let's remember we were relegated due to the points deduction, so on paper this side was actually good enough to stay in the Championship and we have kept all of the players we would want too.

We will do this.

In Moore we trust. He has revitalised us. This is what a proper manager does and why those who berated Monk and Jos were 100% correct. They could never galvanise a club like Moore is doing. 

• Like 6

I’ve been watching various predictions come in from fans of different clubs on YouTube as well and tend to find they either have us winning the league, 3rd or 4th, or missing the playoffs comfortably in 11th or lower. 

most of those in the last category state the 6 point suspended points deduction and think we are in complete financial meltdown. One comment had us listed as an ageing squad that is past its best.

The earlier people commented the lower they had us finishing which is testament to the good moves we’ve made in the transfer window.

• Like 1

Tbh I think we will have a steady start due to the large turnaround in players and relegation hangover.

But I feel once we build up a bit of momentum we could come on strong towards the second half of the season.

I think we should be aiming for playoffs minimum. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

We will make the playoffs even if we don't sign a striker imo. League 1 is dreadful and we have far too much for some of the smaller sides.

We have a good manager now and some good feeling about the club.

It will be hard for any striker we have to not score with Bannan, Luongo, Wing, Shodipo and the Wolves lad supplying. Patterson does need replacing but he managed 9 last season with some dire creativity behind him. He will get at least 10 goals anyway.

We will get a striker and imo should be aiming for nothing less than top 2.

Let's remember we were relegated due to the points deduction, so on paper this side was actually good enough to stay in the Championship and we have kept all of the players we would want too.

We will do this.

In Moore we trust. He has revitalised us. This is what a proper manager does and why those who berated Monk and Jos were 100% correct. They could never galvanise a club like Moore is doing. 

The league one is dreadful line is one I don’t get. Ipswich and Wigan have thrown money around like confetti and have picked up a lot of very good players at this level, Charlton have a steady core and a decent manager in Adkins.

Any other year I would agree but there are 10-11 sides in this league who will genuinely believe they have a shout at top 2 this season and playoffs at least. It’s arguably the strongest I have seen league one.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

All part of the big club syndrome… Was the same with Sunderland 

This. Plus we DO need to be mega up for it as to most teams in this league will see us a big scalp and raise their game. A couple of wins to start the season would really get us rolling…..🤞

Calmly optimistic and very pleased with business so far.

I think this is the most wildly unpredictable Wednesday season in my 30 years, which is saying something.

I wouldn't be surprised by either automatic promotion or relegation - although I do think we've added (and so far, retained) enough quality to stay clear of the latter. There's just still so many variables even now. 

I think 7th-14th is a reasonable guess, but with the potential for more if 4-5 of the new signings really click and if we can get 15-20 goals out of whoever is leading that point of attack. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, StarmanNWC said:

The league one is dreadful line is one I don’t get. Ipswich and Wigan have thrown money around like confetti and have picked up a lot of very good players at this level, Charlton have a steady core and a decent manager in Adkins.

Any other year I would agree but there are 10-11 sides in this league who will genuinely believe they have a shout at top 2 this season and playoffs at least. It’s arguably the strongest I have seen league one.

Not referring to the the whole league but we will at least make playoffs. 

Honestly I would be happy with top 8, players paid on time all season and decent attacking football.

If we can manage that, then I think it will go a long way to rebuilding our reputation as a football club people want to come to. We've recruited brilliantly this summer, in a way that implies our reputation hasn't taken a hit, but I would love to see 12 months of stability just to get us on an even keel. Anything else is a bonus IMO.

Can't believe how much I'm looking forward to the season now vs 6 weeks ago

• Like 5

Pretty confident we'll have a good season, maybe after a slowish  start trying to get our attacking play up to speed.

I dont think there are 6 teams better than us, one or two potentially, including Ipswich, but we have the potential to walk this league, like Hull did, if our new signings gel as we hope.

It's a top 2 squad, nobody has better in the league.

Sides grabbing a load of players decent at this level still means they are good L1 players and nothing more.

If we are anywhere near autos I expect we can out spend everyone later in the season too.

My uncle is an Ipswich ST holder and has us to be top 2 with them.

• Haha 1