Börner and Hunt

Not sure I really agree with signing Hunt, perhaps unless Palmer goes. We obviously don’t have much money to spend on wages and Hunt will be on high wage so imo what we do have should be spent on a new number one and a couple of strikers, they have to be the priority surely. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest OwlPastie

I'd be happy with Hunt, Palmer could play in Borners role, left of a centre back 3. Hunt definitely better going forward so should be decent as a wing back. 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not sure I really agree with signing Hunt, perhaps unless Palmer goes. We obviously don’t have much money to spend on wages and Hunt will be on high wage so imo what we do have should be spent on a new number one and a couple of strikers, they have to be the priority surely. 

I’m not entirely sure what we’re trying to do TBH.

We went into last season with just Rhodes, Windass and Kachunga. Then we added Paterson and Marriott. It was a threadbare dept to start with which we didn’t really improve at all.

Now we have just Windass (Injured) and Paterson (maybe unsettled?). I didn’t think it was possible to go into another season under prepared/staffed but it looks like we are.

Chuck in the continued unsolved problem of our goalkeeping dept and I can understand why many on here fear back to back relegations?

• Thanks 1

Glad Borner is on his way - especially if we get a fee! Be good to bring in another CB now as a direct replacement. 

Happy with Hunt joining if it happens. Good RB who you’d hope would be one of the best in L1 plus I think it’s slim pickings in terms of choices for us if we can’t pay fees/have a wage cap.  Allows Palmer to be cover at both RB/LB. 

We all know we’re still at least a minimum of 5 short including a good GK and CF! Has to be focus but I fear we’re now waiting for Prem clubs to decide on who they will loan out. Can’t see Peacock-Farrell joining from Burnley. Might be bit of a wait…! 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Unless Palmer is leaving signing Hunt as a second senior right back is using vavable funds from our small budget that need to be used to sign a new keeper and two strikers 

Suspect he might have an eye on Palmer covering left back too.

Don’t really understand this at all. Jack Hunt was always suspect defensively five years ago. Much better racing forward to support the attack. He’s 30 now though so his days of making repeated attacking runs or playing the wing back role are all but done. 

We desperately need strikers but we sign a 30 year old defender in a position we have covered. WHY.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Don’t really understand this at all. Jack Hunt was always suspect defensively five years ago. Much better racing forward to support the attack. He’s 30 now though so his days of making repeated attacking runs or playing the wing back role are all but done. 

We desperately need strikers but we sign a 30 year old defender in a position we have covered. WHY.

Yeh much better racing forward losing the ball and trying to get back 

Kadeem Harris had him on toast not long ago